What's new

New Blackbird

Well I took a chance and ordered a Blackland Blackbird. Got the solid bar satin finish model. I was worried it was going to be too aggressive, but my worries were unfounded. I have a weeks worth of saves under my belt and I can say it's a fantastic performing razor. I'm still working on what angles work best, but I've been getting some of the best, closest shaves I've ever had.

The razor itself is of very high quality and I really like the overall look and design. The handle is very grippy and the razor is well balanced. Blade alignment is spot on as well. Before I purchased the razor I called and spoke with Shane....he's a nice, personable guy and a straight shooter. Customer service was excellent.

If you're on the fence about this razor.....go for it. It's a very well made razor with performance to match.

Last edited:
Definitely not a mild razor, and the satin finish on mine probably contributes to the efficiency, but the precision construction and blade alignment allow for a comfortable shave without irritation if you pay attention. Not a razor I would slap a Feather in and call it good, though - I'd say it's not a first choice for a beginner's razor, but definitely YMMV here....

Been shaving with the Blackbird for 3 weeks now and it rocks. Best shaves I've ever gotten from a DE. I really like the blade feel and how efficient it is without being too aggressive. Face feels great without irritation. I wasn't sure if it would make a good daily driver but it's definitely working out great.

It was my daily razor for a long time, and will always be one of my favorites. This is the first razor that showed me what real efficiency means.

At first I was uneasy due to the unusual feel of the baseplate on my face, but since then I learned this razor is not very aggressive. Glad you're enjoying your BB.

Top Bottom