What's new

New best-in-class: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream - an absolute game changer

Just ordered some; can't wait to try it after reading through this thread!

Does anyone use it with Thayer's Facial Toner or is that completely unnecessary?

No idea about toner ? But cant see why not if that is something you use
I use whatever AS splash and prefer the putting on after and when my face is still damp with the slash that way I use a smaller amount and just blend in
I tried both and just prefer but I think someone else said they put on before :)

reckon one of those just play around with wet or dry face before or after but I do think its a little goes a long ways product I found

My Hydro Boost gel-cream arrived yesterday and after one use I'm very impressed. My skin felt great and there was no residual greasiness like with the Nivea Sensitive balm I've been using. I look forward to further testing but it seems we have a winner! My wife was even excited and asking if she can use it too.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
My Hydro Boost gel-cream arrived yesterday and after one use I'm very impressed. My skin felt great and there was no residual greasiness like with the Nivea Sensitive balm I've been using. I look forward to further testing but it seems we have a winner! My wife was even excited and asking if she can use it too.
just wait until you have a month of use under your belt!

Yeah its nice stuff scratch that magic stuff :) a little goes a long ways to for me

while I am cheap so trying to use up all my other balms I did go to costco today since its on sale was tempted to buy more to have on hand as the twin pack is $19.95 on sale seems to happen once a year
said this before but worth repeating I do not like that feeling of stuff ON my face and seems ALL balms kinda have that ON your face feel ! I know I wont be buying any more balms ever again :)
I think its this and any aftershave I want :) even Pinaud clubman comes out like some magic elixir with this

sadly the SV aftershave might be a bit of ON your face from small use wonderful stuff but for sure takes some dry time but oh well Bummed but again glad I tried it :)

I have some Ethos skin stuff coming in and then I will try that as I am curious and again then no wondering :) and also getting the seaforth as my very last to try :)

But glad I have tried everything I want and its take me like a year to do this BUT its so worth it as I have NO wonder in my head about anything and truly will be content with my final choice as I know my personality type :) hahahahahaha

I ramble again :)
BUT so far the buying of 6 of these kinda tells you what I am thinking/knowing is going to win :) especially cause this is cheaper than the ethos (especially when on sale)
and will make any aftershave work as the best ! And I am kinda liking some of the fun aftershaves that are cheap like old spice or clubman etc.

Hmmmmmm might have to go to costco and get two more :)

9A25C61F-D790-4F9D-ABFD-841FE1881820.jpeg

Yeah its nice stuff scratch that magic stuff :) a little goes a long ways to for me

while I am cheap so trying to use up all my other balms I did go to costco today since its on sale was tempted to buy more to have on hand as the twin pack is $19.95 on sale seems to happen once a year
said this before but worth repeating I do not like that feeling of stuff ON my face and seems ALL balms kinda have that ON your face feel ! I know I wont be buying any more balms ever again :)
I think its this and any aftershave I want :) even Pinaud clubman comes out like some magic elixir with this

sadly the SV aftershave might be a bit of ON your face from small use wonderful stuff but for sure takes some dry time but oh well Bummed but again glad I tried it :)

I have some Ethos skin stuff coming in and then I will try that as I am curious and again then no wondering :) and also getting the seaforth as my very last to try :)

But glad I have tried everything I want and its take me like a year to do this BUT its so worth it as I have NO wonder in my head about anything and truly will be content with my final choice as I know my personality type :) hahahahahaha

I ramble again :)
BUT so far the buying of 6 of these kinda tells you what I am thinking/knowing is going to win :) especially cause this is cheaper than the ethos (especially when on sale)
and will make any aftershave work as the best ! And I am kinda liking some of the fun aftershaves that are cheap like old spice or clubman etc.

Hmmmmmm might have to go to costco and get two more :)

View attachment 1499444

Yeah that’s a good price. It was $30 for two on Amazon. I could’ve checked Costco first but wanted to get the order in before August GRUME started ha.

Bought some. First two thoughts - very goopy and the jar is way bigger than the inner container containing the product itself. I put a little on just now but I'd already had some aftershave balm on so it feels like the balm. I'll try it tomorrow after a shave. It certainly gets great reviews all over the place but I don't know what it will do for my 70 year old skin. ;)

I use the Neutrogena Hydro Boost eye gel daily. It works great for me. I get some dry skin around my eyebrows in Winter and this really takes care of it.
I use mine this way also :)

never tried the eye as this works :) curious if you ever tried this one and find any difference :)
I also use some other face cream once in a while since I have it try to use it up but this stuff is superior to me since it just absorbs so well

Bought some. First two thoughts - very goopy and the jar is way bigger than the inner container containing the product itself. I put a little on just now but I'd already had some aftershave balm on so it feels like the balm. I'll try it tomorrow after a shave. It certainly gets great reviews all over the place but I don't know what it will do for my 70 year old skin. ;)
Will be interesting to hear what ya think after you use it some :) so post back :)

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I use mine this way also :)

never tried the eye as this works :) curious if you ever tried this one and find any difference :)
I also use some other face cream once in a while since I have it try to use it up but this stuff is superior to me since it just absorbs so well
I've only tried the eye gel so far.

The versions readily available in the EU seems different from the one posted in this thread.. pity, really wanted to give it a try!

The versions readily available in the EU seems different from the one posted in this thread.. pity, really wanted to give it a try!
Yeah they have two that are very close but the other one is called “Hydro Boost Water Gel” I know it has a blue dye and prefer not to use dye products if I can help it not a fan but not paranoid and will use some aftershaves that have it so more a if I can avoid I will :)

this site to look up ingredients is kinda interesting

I do know the one we talk about here has “Synthetic Beeswax” the other does not :) and while not a fan of synthetics seems its in enough things and a non issue to not get to paranoid :) hahahaha

All right, so here's my first use report. Not sure how much to use as you dab out out of the jar with your finger (vs. a pump or pour). It *seems* a little goes a long way. Uneventful, close shave (mine usually are as I've been doing it so long). I always use an alum bar after rinsing off the lather. Then, I rinse the alum bar, dry, and go to whatever balm I've chosen. Today, after drying off the rinsed alum bar and drying, I dabbed a little bit on my finger and smoothed into into my face. Needed another dab for the other side. Felt slightly oily until it dried then reminded me of GFT skin food with almost a glaze effect. At my age (70), I'm not wrinkle up but have that very fine creping (sp) that people get as they age. That temporarily smoothed out so it seems like a good moisturizer. After it dried a bit, instead of using a balm, I used some Old Spice - poured 2-3 drops (less is more) into my palm, lightly rubbed it to disperse and patted it on my cheeks. A total of 15 minutes later (I just finished when I came to post), it's a very pleasing effect. Whether it's a "game changer" as the OP stated remains to be seen but it appears to be a very good moistureizer and certainly worth $10 a jar at current Costco pricing. This is the gel without fragrance. Skin feels very nice (again, considering my advancing years vs. my 20's. ;)). I will continue to follow-up over the next days.

Oh, and just for details on the shave - shower first, Kent BK4 brush, T&H 1805 shaving cream, three passes plus multiple buffing on the tough spots, cold rinse, alum bar, second cold rinse, dry, and then the Neutrogena followed by a light splash of Old Spice.

Top Bottom