What's new

New best-in-class: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream - an absolute game changer

In seriousness, I have some balms I could give you if you would like - lord knows I won't use them.
Generous offer :) curious which ones ?

One I was curious about was Zingari man ? Also want to try the soaps as I hear they are very good for post etc...

like you I think I found the magic Neutrogena that is working :)

View attachment 1347187I used the Aqua Creme (which appears to be the European production line sibbling of the HB Gel-Cream extra dry) for the very first time. I'm unsure if it will be a gamechanger for my skin, however, it's reasonable for me to say the HB Aqua Creme is an excellent cream. My skin feels nourished and velvety smooth - my initial impression is it might (!) blow my Nivea after shave balms out of the water, but this verdict has to be confirmed on the long run. It's a big plus that the cream doesn't interfere with my aftershaves or fragrances scent-wise!

I will include it into my post shave routine on a regular basis... we shall see... in any case: the cream is a very good performer and worth a try.
Thank you for pointing me to this product.:thumbsup:
As stated above I was quite impressed how silky smooth my face felt right after applying the fragrance free HB cream pictured. I used the cream frequently and liked it.

However, my enthusiasm diminished when I looked into the ingredients more in detail.

The apparent reason for the soft or smooth feeling of the face is - unfortunately - silicone and silicone compounds (dimethicone, dimethicone crosspolymer). Dimethicone is in fact on position no 2 of the ingredients list. So it has the second largest share in the composition of the cream.

I then contacted the manufacturer, whether from their point of view this cream should be applied after shaving on the freshly shaved areas or rather not. The german customer service has answered this as follows:

QUOTE:
(...)
Our Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Aqua Cream has an intensive moisturizing focus. In principle, it is suitable for dry skin, provided that the skin is intact and healthy. Freshly shaved facial areas do not meet this requirement.

Please note that our Neutrogena® Hydro Boost products have not been developed or tested for this application.

For this reason, we cannot make any recommendation in this regard.
END OF QUOTE

I'd say this is a diplomatic but surprisingly clear statement. Kudos to the manufacturer for this "straight to the point" reply.

I won't continue to use this cream as a post shave product and stick with regular balms instead.

Feel free to make your own decision, but I thought it is worth to share the information with you.

Happy shaves!

Last edited:
thanks always curious about stuff :) for sure prefer natural but some compounds and modern stuff is OK I feel BUT good info and arrrgghhhhh this stuff works :)

well the response is typical cover your rear in a litigious society
BUT yeah not a fan of so many chemicals but still love the stuff it does what others can not ?

that said a few more balms to try and want to really just use one thing if I can post ? barrister mann and zingari man the main two :)
super dry skin here in AZ in the islands never had this issue and never had to use anything :) just swam every day in the ocean !

did do a bit of reading
Dimethicone is used in diaper rash cream to ? and for radiation and burn victims and in food ! so the shave thing I reckon wont be a issue :)

considering I eat NO sugars no process food at all no dyes etc.. intake no chemicals or booze or anything :) and am in insane shape
I can say either its Ok to put a barrier on my skin to keep pollution away :) at least I am not eating it which I reckon most folks are :)

my skin feels better with this than Nivea which has been one of my fav balms ? again need to try a few more and prefer less is best on my face :0

I do think going through a intersection is more dangerous than anything I do these days :)

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I did a bit of research. Yeah, the ingredients are synthetic, but, it's dubious whether than really effects anything. This product works 10x better than any other balm I have ever tried, and I have tried many.

If the ingredients throw you off, I completely understand. YMMV.

1643395840886.png

1643395681416.png

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
dubious whether than really effects anything. This product works 10x better than any other balm I have ever tried, and I have tried many.
thanks always curious about stuff :) for sure prefer natural but some compounds and modern stuff is OK I feel BUT good info and arrrgghhhhh this stuff works :)

well the response is typical cover your rear in a litigious society
BUT yeah not a fan of so many chemicals but still love the stuff it does what others can not ?

that said a few more balms to try and want to really just use one thing if I can post ? barrister mann and zingari man the main two :)
super dry skin here in AZ in the islands never had this issue and never had to use anything :) just swam every day in the ocean !

did do a bit of reading
Dimethicone is used in diaper rash cream to ? and for radiation and burn victims and in food ! so the shave thing I reckon wont be a issue :)

considering I eat NO sugars no process food at all no dyes etc.. intake no chemicals or booze or anything :) and am in insane shape
I can say either its Ok to put a barrier on my skin to keep pollution away :) at least I am not eating it which I reckon most folks are :)

my skin feels better with this than Nivea which has been one of my fav balms ? again need to try a few more and prefer less is best on my face :0

I do think going through a intersection is more dangerous than anything I do these days :)
BTW, I tried Zingari Man and B&M before I tried this. The hydro boost blows them out of the water, at least for me.

BTW, I tried Zingari Man and B&M before I tried this. The hydro boost blows them out of the water, at least for me.
thanks and yeah kinda reckon that just something about neutrogena that works so so well for me to

for the others most likely will still try them and the AS splash just so I know :) hahaahha

using up my Nivea but with nivea or other balms when I rub my skin for sure has that sleight on your face feel and in summer can get that melty feel of a balm sometimes and have said Neutrogena has none of that ?

do hope it goes on sale at costco again :) but using up the balms I have will take a while so most likely will pick more up when it hits on sale and be my go to

with my blade finding I am doing the Neutrogena has come out on those bad days and yeah it has this amazing ability to get rid of the burn that balms just put something on top of :)

@CzechCzar I am curious which balm out of all did you find the best though before the Neutrogena ?

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
thanks and yeah kinda reckon that just something about neutrogena that works so so well for me to

for the others most likely will still try them and the AS splash just so I know :) hahaahha

using up my Nivea but with nivea or other balms when I rub my skin for sure has that sleight on your face feel and in summer can get that melty feel of a balm sometimes and have said Neutrogena has none of that ?

do hope it goes on sale at costco again :) but using up the balms I have will take a while so most likely will pick more up when it hits on sale and be my go to

with my blade finding I am doing the Neutrogena has come out on those bad days and yeah it has this amazing ability to get rid of the burn that balms just put something on top of :)

@CzechCzar I am curious which balm out of all did you find the best though before the Neutrogena ?
Tough call... finalists were B&M and Wholly Kaw. Those, for me, worked better than Zingari Man.

Honorable mention to Aqua Velva 5 in 1... insanely great for how cheap it is.

Tough call... finalists were B&M and Wholly Kaw. Those, for me, worked better than Zingari Man.

Honorable mention to Aqua Velva 5 in 1... insanely great for how cheap it is.

interesting on the others I know lots love the Wholly Kaw soaps to

on that cheap note like the aqua velva I found when I finally tried the Clubman Pinaud bang for buck that stuff is awesome and the Neutrogena just makes anything top notch post comfort and feel !!!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I’m big fan of both CeraVe Daily Moisturizer and it’s more affordable doppelgänger from Walmart, but I’ve recently experienced the feeling of sweating while wearing it on my face and neck and decided that moisturizer will be relegated to the hands and feet (where I noticed it works better than other moisturizers). In the interest of not feeling like I’m making my own gravy when I shovel snow, the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-cream is on its way.

Thank you, again, @CzechCzar and @Ckmaui , for blazing this trail.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I’m big fan of both CeraVe Daily Moisturizer and it’s more affordable doppelgänger from Walmart, but I’ve recently experienced the feeling of sweating while wearing it on my face and neck and decided that moisturizer will be relegated to the hands and feet (where I noticed it works better than other moisturizers). In the interest of not feeling like I’m making my own gravy when I shovel snow, the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-cream is on its way.

Thank you, again, @CzechCzar and @Ckmaui , for blazing this trail.
That feeling of sweating is precisely what I experienced with every balm I have ever tried. The Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream solves is completely, while providing abundant post-shave relief. Please let us know what you think!

YUP YUP that is the main issue I have with balms or using the moisturizer on my face to if I go bike riding or work outside OR just the 110+ degree heat on my face in summer in PHX outside its like wizard of oz
"I AM MELTING"
that is the funny thing about some of the balms not even sweating just having that summer heat its like they never ever dry off

while I want to try a few more balms reading posts from some others who have tried those balms I do think its a case of ALL balms are kinda the same just vary a small bit and never going to match the Neutrogena truly blend into my face and be gone

and with me being cheap thrifty stupid or combo having to finish up my balms :) as I can in the winter here without to much issue but yeah I think going forward just going to find some splashes I like and use the Neutrogena as my final layer of post :)

OH who thought this would be so complicated :) ahhahahahaha

Nivea moisturisers my friends…nivea …moisturisers…any one is great

Attachments

• D75C525A-079E-41B8-BF30-59B38F197F2C.jpeg
    D75C525A-079E-41B8-BF30-59B38F197F2C.jpeg
    14 KB · Views: 5
  • 861F4CB9-A99A-4B5B-A9FE-0320D44EECCE.jpeg
    861F4CB9-A99A-4B5B-A9FE-0320D44EECCE.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 5
  • D21E4E86-CC84-49FE-8507-30518930DE08.jpeg
    D21E4E86-CC84-49FE-8507-30518930DE08.jpeg
    280.2 KB · Views: 6
Nivea moisturisers my friends…nivea …moisturisers…any one is great
yeah not bad stuff but been there done that as in yeah tried 2 varieties I think Cerave with the hyraluronic is even better than Nivea but still not close to this hydro boost gel IMHO anyway :)
that said Neutrogena is NOT something I would use on my arms or legs

For about a year now, I have been quite happy with the quality of my shaves. I have found some incredible razors and creams. In terms of aftershave balm, I had a couple of finalists. All worked quite well. I honestly wasn't even sure I could detect a real difference between them.

My finalists so far were Hawkins & Brimble and Nancy Boy. These function, as best as I can tell, nearly identically. They are both really, really good. They dethroned B&M balm as my favorite, which is quite an achievement.

The one complaint I have had over the past week or two is that because of the hot weather, I sweat underneath the balm after I put it on. Not really a huge deal. But, annoying. There was some marginal room for improvement. But, where? I have already tried the best in class balms: Zingari Man, Wholly Kaw, etc. I didn't really know how I could improve.

Shopping at Costco, I saw Neuetrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream. I read somewhere that it could be used as an ASB, although I completely forget where. I purchased it on a whim.

Man, this stuff is revolutionary. It truly is a hybrid gel / cream. It has the consistency of a cream, but absorbs super fast like a gel, and leaves zero "film" feeling on the face. It contains hyaluroinic acid, which is one of the things that originally attracted me to B&M balm. But the performance of this is off the charts better than anything I have ever tried.

The best way I can describe this is that, 10 minutes after applying, I can't even tell I shaved. Yes, my face is BBS, but it feels refreshed, like I haven't even dragged a razor over it. I use really aggressive razors too.

Overall this may be the best aftershave product of any type I have ever used. And it's cheap, and made by a reputable brand!

I strongly recommend you all go buy this immediately!!
First use today. Thanks for the tip...stuff is amazing! :thumbup:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
First use today. Thanks for the tip...stuff is amazing! :thumbup:
So glad you like it!!

If you are able to, please leave a more detailed review once you are able to get a better sense of it. I feel that this stuff, and the YTAS, are incredible products that fly under the radar!!

So glad you like it!!

If you are able to, please leave a more detailed review once you are able to get a better sense of it. I feel that this stuff, and the YTAS, are incredible products that fly under the radar!!
OK will do. Planning to use this for every shave for the time being. Not familiar/haven't tried YTAS. Still getting my education.

Top Bottom