What's new

My Search For Smooth

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I wanted the Bic Sensitive to work for me so much. The Bic Twin Select worked too well and the Bic Sensitive kept its secrets for people that know angles and use an appropriate amount of pressure.

I wanted the Bic Sensitive to work for me so much. The Bic Twin Select worked too well and the Bic Sensitive kept its secrets for people that know angles and use an appropriate amount of pressure.

Very true. They do require a fair amount of jiggery pokery to get an even shave. And some pressure. DE razors are much more exciting.

There are companies claiming their deodorants are free of aluminum if that’s a worry.

Not really. I just fancied seeing if I could get along without it. I've not used shampoo for over a year without issue and wondered if deoderant might be unnecessary as well. It's not, haha. At least for me. I've used Dove 0% aluminium in the past but it failed in every department.

Not really. I just fancied seeing if I could get along without it. I've not used shampoo for over a year without issue and wondered if deoderant might be unnecessary as well. It's not, haha. At least for me. I've used Dove 0% aluminium in the past but it failed in every department.
You can also use alum block Wes and there are some out there formed and marketed for deodorant. It is a natural product. I quit using deodorant years ago. I would probably go for alum if I wanted to use something.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
ruffalo meme 1.png

That, is what I was afraid of lol.

You can also use alum block Wes and there are some out there formed and marketed for deodorant. It is a natural product. I quit using deodorant years ago. I would probably go for alum if I wanted to use something.

I might consider that in the future, thanks John. I'm currently using Nivea with aloe and chamomile. It works pretty good.

DSCF3552.JPG

RR Lupo
Omega 10066
Personna IR (8)
Proraso Green preshave
Palmolive Men Classic cream

2 passes, N-S/S-N

I dabbed a bit of the Palmolive cream on my face and lathered up. Some redness around my chin post shave was the result. Apart from that another very nice shave. Not Tabac nice but nice. Close and comfortable, no tugging or feeling of resistance anywhere. I had to add more cream for the second pass but the brush is getting there. The animal smell has gone, some prickle remains.

DSCF3563.JPG

RR Lupo
Semogue 1438
Personna IR (9)
Proraso Green preshave
Proraso White

2 passes, N-S/S-N

This was my best shave with the Semogue brush. By far. I used less water and splayed it fully as I lathered up. It performed superbly, holding enough lather for 3 passes, the 'hole in the middle' effect a non-issue. While thicker, the lather was as slick as usual. Dense and creamy.

Got a nick on my upper lip first pass, likely a small imperfection of some kind from the feel of it. The lather for the second pass was perfect. No tugging throughout and a nice cooling post shave. That's my second tub of Proraso White finished.

Cracking stuff.

DSCF3572.JPG

RR Lupo
Omega 10051
Personna IR (10)
Proraso Green preshave
Proraso Red

Two wondeful passes, N-S/S-N, with a simple cold water splash to finish. No clean-up pass, my left jawline might've benefited from one. My skin both looks and - more importantly - feels fantastic.

This shave is dedicated to democracy.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Don’t worry, it’s not real. The last two US presidential elections were just publicity stunts by Amazon.com to get people to watch re-runs of “Mr. Robot” on their video service

DSCF3625.JPG

RR Lupo
Omega 10066
Personna IR (11)
Proraso Green preshave
Cella

2 passes, N-S (S-N on neck)

The brush continues to improve and held enough lather for the whole shave tonight. It's still a little prickly at the tips. No tugging throughout. I'm starting to get the hang of shaving my neck and jawline with my head tipped forward. It's counter-intuitive but effective.

Not only comfortable but a very close shave and just as it was last time my skin feels fantastic. It seems to have more elasticity when I feel around for stubble between passes and at the end of the shave and I can pull and pinch the skin between my fingers and thumb with no discomfort. Mike often talks about the importance of supple skin when trying to get a close and comfortable shave. Now I get it.

A cold water splash to finish another good shave.

Top Bottom