What's new

My Fatip, Joris, Schone, Collection and Journey 2018 and Beyond.

I love supporting the small guy, like Connaught.

approv cat.jpeg

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
The manufacturing companies are taking a hit too. Give it time, it'll work itself out.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Yes, I know the reverse is true too. Phoenix and Beau have certainly had issues trying to get their products cleared for EU sales again. Maybe some of the other UK manufacturers have too, assuming the sales there are high enough to be worth the hassle.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I just ordered 250 Wizmet Super Iridium Blades. I don't know why? The buy button spoke to me, I guess. It is conceivably possible I could run out of blades in some sort of parallel universe conjunction. It could happen. You can never be too sure of these things. I hope they're as good as Polsilvers. Happy shaves!
BuyNow.jpeg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
The manufacturing companies are taking a hit too. Give it time, it'll work itself out.
When I worked in the Medical Manufacturing Device industry, we were required to put a CE decal on all of our products sold in Europe. Then there was the 9000 something certification BS that all manufacturers have to have. Nothing but a bunch of Red Tape to foul things up and raise prices. Red Tape seems to be all that governments are able to produce.

Yes, I know the reverse is true too. Phoenix and Beau have certainly had issues trying to get their products cleared for EU sales again. Maybe some of the other UK manufacturers have too, assuming the sales there are high enough to be worth the hassle.

Talking of Phoenix and Beau have you seen this yet?

1628960545972.png

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Talking of Phoenix and Beau have you seen this yet?

View attachment 1311661

I have. Seems like quite a chunk of money, for not a lot of soap. That said, the smaller soap could be seen as a plus point for those who like to swap and change a lot. I've already got five (?) of their other soaps in the stockpile though, all new and unused, so I won't be adding any.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
40g, a third less than Haslinger. I hadn't noticed that till you pointed it out.

Yup, they went the shrinkflation route. Just one third the size of their other soaps. Wickhams have had backlash from bumping their prices up to £20, and it seems that these guys wanted to try a different tack.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
This is my new Fatip il Piccolo Storto Gentile that arrived on Thursday. It's perfect. The only Fatip I ever bought that was defective remains my Roedter 1909, and that was done on purpose. My new Fatip il Piccolo Storto Gentile will be used starting on Monday.
002_22.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
My Fatip collection as of August the 14th 2021. Here's all 34 of them.

My Fatip Collection:

1980's Vintage Fatip
003_26.jpg

Schone, Roedter1909, and Joris Palladium Engraved
004_25.jpg

Piccolo Mk1, Piccolo Nickel, Piccolo SE, Piccolo Chrome, Piccolo Gentile, Piccolo Storto, Piccolo Storto Gentile
005_25.jpg

Grande Mk1, Grande Nickel, Grande Chrome, Grande Lo Storto, Grande Lo Storto (spare), Grande Testina Gentile, Grande Lo Storto Gentile
008_22.jpg

Retro Mk1 Chrome, Retro Mk1 Nickel, Retro Chrome, Retro Nickel
012_24.jpg

Black Tie, Black Tie Gentile, Horn, Horn Gentile
014_24.jpg

Noce, Noce Gentile, Wenghe, Wenghe Gentile, Zebrano, Zebrano Gentile, Ulivo, Ulivo Gentile
019_1_20.jpg

Top Bottom