What's new

My Fatip, Joris, Schone, Collection and Journey 2018 and Beyond.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Razor: Fatip Grande Cr
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (1)
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Soap: Van Der Lovett Sailors Blend
Brush: Omega Evo 2.0
Aftershave: Reuzel Wood and Spice
035_01_3_19.jpg

This was my first day of the match-off between my Fatip Grande, the best razor in the universe, and my Lupo 95 OC, my grail razor. I've found the best razor in the universe, and my grail razor is pretty evenly matched. My Fatip Grande has more blade feel. My Lupo 95 OC's is easier to maintain blade angle due to the gap. The results are even so far. I had a fantastic shave.

This was my first use of Reuzel Wood and Spice. I dialed the amount I used back. Reuzel's original was a little slick if you apply too much product. I used the right amount. The scent is very complex and rich. I think both modern and classic come to mind. It blows Clubman and Old Spice original out of the water. I get hints of the high notes and sometimes base notes. At other times, they blend. My three favorite aftershaves are now Proraso Green, Proraso Red, and Reuzel Wood and Spice, not in any particular order. It has a spicey scent bordering on sweet. It is not over the top like Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum. It has solid woodsy base notes with a hint of Sandalwood. The scent has staying power for a splash. It lasts about the same time as Proraso. Good stuff!

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (2)
039_01_19.jpg

I had another excellent shave today. The Fatip head is thicker and heavier than my Lupo 94 OC. I miss the quick maneuverability of the Lupo's thin head. I feel like I get more coverage with my Fatip, but that is an illusion. The blade is the size of a blade. The shaves with either razor are equal in comfort. The Lupo 95 OC may be more efficient. My stubble seems to return quicker after a Fatip shave. The notches on the corners of the Lupo's head make trimming my circle beard easier. I also like not having to check the alignment on my Lupo. It's nice not having to check and redo blade alignment. The Lupo is spoiling me.

I like Van Der Lovett Sailor's Blend. It has earthier base notes of cedar wood and amber compared to Vander Lovett Dutch Blue's tobacco and vanilla. The high notes are bergamot and apple, as compared to dried fruit and honey. It's a good fit with Reuzel Wood and Spice. The performance is exceptional.

SOTD:
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (2)
View attachment 1734062
I had another excellent shave today. The Fatip head is thicker and heavier than my Lupo 94 OC. I miss the quick maneuverability of the Lupo's thin head. I feel like I get more coverage with my Fatip, but that is an illusion. The blade is the size of a blade. The shaves with either razor are equal in comfort. The Lupo 95 OC may be more efficient. My stubble seems to return quicker after a Fatip shave. The notches on the corners of the Lupo's head make trimming my circle beard easier. I also like not having to check the alignment on my Lupo. It's nice not having to check and redo blade alignment. The Lupo is spoiling me.

I like Van Der Lovett Sailor's Blend. It has earthier base notes of cedar wood and amber compared to Vander Lovett Dutch Blue's tobacco and vanilla. The high notes are bergamot and apple, as compared to dried fruit and honey. It's a good fit with Reuzel Wood and Spice. The performance is exceptional.
Hey Rave do you find the Lupo’s teeth to be as smooth and as comfortable as the Grande’s. Asking for a friend.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (3)
042_01_19.jpg

I've adjusted to Fatip shaves after a couple of months of shaving with my Lupo's. My shave was great. No irritation, and I look pretty. Well, maybe not pretty. :a39:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Speaking of pretty, are you still scoring great threads? I remember some very nice clothing you acquired gently used and had tailored.

Happy shaves,

Jim
My grandson was married on Friday, October 13th. I got all decked out. His younger brother sent me this text: Your outfit was fly today. I was a little jealous of the suit and hat. I don't have pictures yet.

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (4)
044_01_19.jpg

This was my gratuitous Friday after-work shave. If you want a smooth, efficient, irritation-free shave, you can't lose buying a 25-dollar Fatip OC. My respect for it has grown now that I know some shaving soaps irritate my skin. I used to think it was a user error. I thought some of my shaves were worse than others. That Fatips could be fickle. Now that I'm sticking to tried and true soaps, Fatips are easily one of the best razors to consistently get irritation-free shaves. Cheers!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
My grandson was married on Friday, October 13th. I got all decked out. His younger brother sent me this text: Your outfit was fly today. I was a little jealous of the suit and hat. I don't have pictures yet.
Brave, getting married on Friday the 13.. or perhaps that isn't a big deal where you live. It isn't a big deal to me, personally... but lots of people around here freak out on them.

Top Bottom