What's new

My Fatip, Joris, Schone, Collection and Journey 2018 and Beyond.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Grande Gentile
Blade: Gillette 7o'Clock Yellow (2)
Brush: Omega Evo Ovale
Soap: van der Hagen Scented Luxury
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Ambra (Splash)
033_24.jpg

I had a really good shave today. I took my time and enjoyed every minute of it. You never know that every shave could be your last. I reflected on this after reading that my Fatip Piccolo Gentile has been loaded on the vehicle and is out for delivery.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
My Fatip Piccolo Gentile just arrived, and I get to live! My wife was out cleaning her car. I was in the living room when the postman arrived. I immediately opened the package to check it out. It's beautiful and flawless. Then I went to post this, and my wife just came in. Life is good. :001_smile

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
My Fatip Piccolo Gentile just arrived, and I get to live! My wife was out cleaning her car. I was in the living room when the postman arrived. I immediately opened the package to check it out. It's beautiful and flawless. Then I went to post this, and my wife just came in. Life is good. :001_smile

I remember the day my wife demanded a written list of all my guns.

If your wife takes up quilting you'll be safe. Until then, unless she has some other "good reason" to buy all the fabric in the world you're in grave jeopardy.

Wasn't there some recently named non-Italian razor which probably has collectible written somewhere under its baseplate? Probably in German.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I remember the day my wife demanded a written list of all my guns.

If your wife takes up quilting you'll be safe. Until then, unless she has some other "good reason" to buy all the fabric in the world you're in grave jeopardy.

Wasn't there some recently named non-Italian razor which probably has collectible written somewhere under its baseplate? Probably in German.

Happy shaves,

Jim
She does like to read books, journal, and garden. That keeps her pretty busy. The kicker is she is also a zen master of multi-tasking. This doesn't bode well for me. She is quite observant and I'm quite the opposite. I have more of a narrow focus, or inobservant, with regards to anything I'm not directly focused on. Fortunately, she hasn't wanted any kind of list.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Gillette 7o'Clock Yellow (3)
037_24.jpg

Using my Fatip Grande Gentile is good practice in preparation for my Piccolo Gentile. The Piccolo Gentile is to drool for. :drool: It's a beautiful razor. I need to take pictures of it to prove it has happened. Then, I need to update my Fatip Collection photos. The only Fatip I need after this is the Fatip Piccolo Lo Storto Gentile. I will then have every type of Fatip made. That will have to wait until next month to brave almost certain death. Happy shaves.

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Gillette 7o'Clock Yellow (4)
040_24.jpg

I was kind of sad today when I realized that I only have one more shave this week. Then I had to smile because next up is my Fatip Piccolo Gentile. Oh yeah!

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I'm told the scent is black licorice. I love black licorice.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Black jellybeans are black licorice flavored.

I like black jellybeans okay but I'm not into shaving soap scents anymore.

Vitos Red 1000ml.png

I buy the Cocco version and do everything possible to get rid of the slight marzipan scent. What's left is the tiniest amount of coconut scent, so tiny I don't smell it unless I try hard on a day when I have no allergies which is to say it has no scent.

It's a great soap. It's also very cheap, but that's not why I use it.​

On rare occasions I might use something else.

That's not me saying anybody's doing anything wrong by giving in to their Shaving Soap ADD. The Good Lord knows I have enough tubs of soap around the place to shave everyone in the state for a week (or month or year).

I like having one good soap well dialed in.

Happy shaves,

Jim