What's new

My Attempt to Keep RAD Under Control / WAF is Key

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Here are a few photos of how I'm trying to contain my wet shaving gear. If I limit myself to this organization unit, my wife will be completely fine. She loves having everything off the bathroom sink countertop.
Full_Length.jpg
Shaving_Gear.jpg

You could always tell her it's for bath towels and other toiletries. Of course, you don't have to remind her that shaving goods are also considered toiletries. 😁

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
LOL.... I started this thread to keep track of myself in real time.... Don't tell anyone but I love to order stuff... I don't need a rabbit hole, I really don't.

So, I can look at this thread from time to time... and measure my ability to abstain from razor, brush and soap collections. ;)

We'll see how I'm doing in 6 months or so.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Here are a few photos of how I'm trying to contain my wet shaving gear. If I limit myself to this organization unit, my wife will be completely fine. She loves having everything off the bathroom sink countertop.
View attachment 1426805View attachment 1426807

I won't lie, that is a nice organizer unit, I am guessing it just hangs over the door, fits between the top of the door and the upper doorway frame correct? My bathroom is tiny, I got no room for anything! Trying to keep the counter clear for me, ya, good luck with that, what counter space? HAHA 😂

I am guessing she wants all the counter space for herself. But marriage is all about compromise, so of course, you being the man of the house, you hold the door for your wife, you might as well take ownership of the door as well! :p

If you have kids, you just need to remind them, this is my space, the man of the house's space, and yes, its a door I don't care, keep out of my stuff, don't touch my razors, or your grounded. LOL! Your kids stuff goes under the sink, cause we couldn't find anywhere else to put them. 🤣

Some of us do tend to get a little out of control with our shaving hobby though. You know those gallery lights they use that shine on paintings? You guys need to get shelving put up, put all your razors on that shelving, then use a gallery painting light to light them all up. :cool:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I won't lie, that is a nice organizer unit, I am guessing it just hangs over the door, fits between the top of the door and the upper doorway frame correct? My bathroom is tiny, I got no room for anything! Trying to keep the counter clear for me, ya, good luck with that, what counter space? HAHA 😂

I am guessing she wants all the counter space for herself. But marriage is all about compromise, so of course, you being the man of the house, you hold the door for your wife, you might as well take ownership of the door as well! :p

If you have kids, you just need to remind them, this is my space, the man of the house's space, and yes, its a door I don't care, keep out of my stuff, don't touch my razors, or your grounded. LOL! Your kids stuff goes under the sink, cause we couldn't find anywhere else to put them. 🤣

Some of us do tend to get a little out of control with our shaving hobby though. You know those gallery lights they use that shine on paintings? You guys need to get shelving put up, put all your razors on that shelving, then use a gallery painting light to light them all up. :cool:
Well... no kids around.... they are grown men, in their 40s. We're both retired. She loves the countertop being empty... so she isn't looking for more space. She keeps her makeup stuff under the sink.

The organizer just hangs from the top of the door... hangs down on the bathroom side of the door. I want to limit myself to the organizer... Hobbies and lots of other things expand to fill available space. If you make a real nice, spacious shaving den, you'll fill it up in no time. So.. no more than 4 soaps at a time. Keep just the one razor (ESC Claymore Evolution) that I know works well for me. Don't buy that CaYuen shaving bowl I was lusting over since I found out how to make the one I have work well. I do have room for another brush. ;)

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I hear ya! I am a first time DE owner and shaver today. Kind of a big deal ya I know. Thanks for welcoming me to the DE party. I have a thread in the general shave discussion on my razor, but suffice to say, its been a mostly positive experience so far, minus a mistake on my part of course. lol

Thank you for the advice about what shaving bowl to avoid. When I saw the huge variety of shaving bowls, and saw what the prices they went for, I didn't want a headache. So for my first shave soap and bowl, I just went with the Tabac combination.

How you like your Claymore Evolution? What kind of razor is it, mild, medium, aggressive? Single edge, or double edge? I think I saw a single edge razor in your door organizer, was that the Claymore Evolution?

I bought the Feather AS-D2, have a look...

proxy.php

You get a lot of respect from me for wanting to keep your hobby under control, I like that. For me, thats not going to be a problem. I only had the intention on buying one razor. So I looked at the cheaper stuff, weighed the negatives, which IMO were more then the positives, and bought the Feather.

I figure, buy one razor, might as well buy one of the best there is, it will last me for life, don't need to worry about it, either then simple maintenance, like cleaning, and letting dry out afterwords. So ya, I posted my first shaving experience in my thread, which was today.

I gotta say, nothing like a first time DE shave to show you where you what you did good, and what you didn't do so good lol. I gotta say though, the experience of facial lathering, that is not to be underestimated, an enjoyable experience that is.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I hear ya! I am a first time DE owner and shaver today. Kind of a big deal ya I know. Thanks for welcoming me to the DE party. I have a thread in the general shave discussion on my razor, but suffice to say, its been a mostly positive experience so far, minus a mistake on my part of course. lol

Thank you for the advice about what shaving bowl to avoid. When I saw the huge variety of shaving bowls, and saw what the prices they went for, I didn't want a headache. So for my first shave soap and bowl, I just went with the Tabac combination.

How you like your Claymore Evolution? What kind of razor is it, mild, medium, aggressive? Single edge, or double edge? I think I saw a single edge razor in your door organizer, was that the Claymore Evolution?

I bought the Feather AS-D2, have a look...

proxy.php

You get a lot of respect from me for wanting to keep your hobby under control, I like that. For me, thats not going to be a problem. I only had the intention on buying one razor. So I looked at the cheaper stuff, weighed the negatives, which IMO were more then the positives, and bought the Feather.

I figure, buy one razor, might as well buy one of the best there is, it will last me for life, don't need to worry about it, either then simple maintenance, like cleaning, and letting dry out afterwords. So ya, I posted my first shaving experience in my thread, which was today.

I gotta say, nothing like a first time DE shave to show you where you what you did good, and what you didn't do so good lol. I gotta say though, the experience of facial lathering, that is not to be underestimated, an enjoyable experience that is.
I've following your journey. Congrats on the Feather AS-D2. From all accounts, it's a very fine razor.

Yeah, that razor is the Claymore Evolution. I bought mine from Executive Shaving Co in Scotland. The owner of the company suggested I buy it. He's a very nice gentleman and I'm glad I followed his advice. It's about the same price as the Feather you purchased, give or take a few dollars. It's a single edge Artist Club razor which means.. only a handful of blades fit it... Feather makes 4 blades that fit, Schick 1 and Kai makes 2 or 3 blades that fit. The blades are much thicker than a double edge blade. I was a bit overwhelmed by how many DE blade choices there are so the AC razor fixed that for me.

But you'll do fine with your Feather AS-D2... It looks like a fine tool.

Hi,

I hide my spares in drawers (razors) and under my sink (brushes). We have two sinks so her stuff on the right and my stuff on the left. Save for her razor. It's on my side! :p

I have two razors out. The Fasan is so slanted it stinks for sideburn trimming. So, I use my Grandfather's Old Type. The late model Tech and that old Rubberset brush were my Dad's, and I only use those on special days, such as his birthday.

And, there on the right side of the three razors: Her Lady Gillette. ;)

The soap is a 50/50 mix of tallow on one side and glycerine on the other. Mixed my the brush. Spare soap is also under the sink.

Stan

Top Bottom