What's new

My Attempt to Keep RAD Under Control / WAF is Key

Hi,

I hide my spares in drawers (razors) and under my sink (brushes). We have two sinks so her stuff on the right and my stuff on the left. Save for her razor. It's on my side! :p

I have two razors out. The Fasan is so slanted it stinks for sideburn trimming. So, I use my Grandfather's Old Type. The late model Tech and that old Rubberset brush were my Dad's, and I only use those on special days, such as his birthday.

And, there on the right side of the three razors: Her Lady Gillette. ;)

The soap is a 50/50 mix of tallow on one side and glycerine on the other. Mixed my the brush. Spare soap is also under the sink.

Stan
I think the lady doth need more stuff. I love reading about people's heirloom pieces, enjoy.

Wife Acceptance Factor? I think more in terms of FOAW (Fear Of Angry Wife). They are only small but they can be quite terrifying.

I hide my shaving stuff out of sight, but the fear never really goes away.

I guess that I am one of those few very lucky men ---- not only does my wife support my appreciation
for our terrific traditional shaving hobby, she also encourages me to constantly "try new stuff" and buy
whatever I want. Too bad for you fellows who need to hide things from your wives !

I guess that I am one of those few very lucky men ---- not only does my wife support my appreciation
for our terrific traditional shaving hobby, she also encourages me to constantly "try new stuff" and buy
whatever I want. Too bad for you fellows who need to hide things from your wives !
While full support is nice, and perhaps the ideal case, I have to tout my own wife here. Her attitude toward my shave hobby and expenditures is...indifference. It sounds sort of bad, but it's actually pretty nice, in practice.

I guess it's not complete indifference. She has encouraged me to use SV Desert Vetiver as often as possible, because she enjoys how it smells.

Same here. In fact just a little bit ago she was jokingly gloating over the fact that two of the razors she flat out told me to buy turned out to be two of my favorites.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I made the mistake of showing her Kevy Shave's collection of razors, brushes and soaps in his YouTube My Shaving Den video... She loves that I'm wet shaving but doesn't want that volume of stuff cluttering up the house.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I made the mistake of showing her Kevy Shave's collection of razors, brushes and soaps in his YouTube My Shaving Den video... She loves that I'm wet shaving but doesn't want that volume of stuff cluttering up the house.

You know how in your sig you say, perception is reality? So when she says that, it makes me want to say, I reject your reality, and substitute my own. I'm, sure that wouldn't go down well, but I'd still have fun saying it! 😁

Last summer my wife was suffering from poison ivy and needed to use calamine lotion. She searched through the cabinet, could not find any, and called out in frustration, "Is there anything in this cabinet besides shaving things?"

Good thing she didn't look under my side of the sink. Or in that one dresser drawer.

OK. I admit, it was a wake up call.

Top Bottom