What's new

Muhle R89

I'm about two months into wet shaving. After reading so many good reviews I ordered the Muhle R89 and I just had my first shave with it. I used the Muhle razor that shipped with it. Wow! I had five days of growth and knocked it down with two passes - WTG and ATG. It's freaking great! So smooth! I'm addicted to wet shaving. My wife thinks I've lost it. I watch shaving videos all day.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I'm about two months into wet shaving. After reading so many good reviews I ordered the Muhle R89 and I just had my first shave with it. I used the Muhle razor that shipped with it. Wow! I had five days of growth and knocked it down with two passes - WTG and ATG. It's freaking great! So smooth! I'm addicted to wet shaving. My wife thinks I've lost it. I watch shaving videos all day.

WOW, I am glad to hear that you really love the Muhle R89! In your experience, would you say it is a mild razor, medium razor, or aggressive razor? From your report on how it knocked down 5-day whisker growth, I am going to guess its not a mild razor hehe. And your not crazy! You are passionate about something you love, something that improves your life, and makes you happier. Your wife knew who she married, she can't back out now! :lol:

WOW, I am glad to hear that you really love the Muhle R89! In your experience, would you say it is a mild razor, medium razor, or aggressive razor? From your report on how it knocked down 5-day whisker growth, I am going to guess its not a mild razor hehe. And your not crazy! You are passionate about something you love, something that improves your life, and makes you happier. Your wife knew who she married, she can't back out now! :lol:

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Congratulations on finding a razor that makes you happy. I found this razor to be well suited to my face as well. For future reference, and by no means your only "sweet spot" this is a fairly mild razor that pairs well (for most) with a sharp blade. You could stop right here and save yourself a whole lot of money... or you could...

The Mühle R89 was my first DE razor and I still pull it out every once in a a while for a shave. It is a beautiful razor with a great chrome job. Great choice! Enjoy!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I am thinking he will find out soon enough Chef…But then again, that’s what it’s all about.👍😉💈

Yes, it happens to us all. First you get into the hobby. Then you see amazing razors like the Rex Ambassador. Then you tell yourself, "control yourself, I have control, I can fight this."

But then the view of the Rex expands and contracts in your mind, you can't get it out. Your breathing harder and harder, eventually you can't take it anymore.

So you do what any self respecting Badger & Blade warrior would do, and you buy that razor. Where did the money go you ask yourself? It appears it disappeared inside Marry Poppins carry all bag.

And then the next time gets easier and easier, now you have 9 soap puks, several aftershaves, shaving bowls, scuttles, brushes, etc.

Eventually, your shave den becomes your own personal Disney land. Just looking at your razors brings pure joy to your heart.

Wet shaving, the journey towards happiness, a wallet less empty each time.

Mühle's R89 is indeed one effective tool. I find it brilliantly efficient as a daily shaver, so much so that it accounts for over 90% of my shaves. My only quibble, purely aesthetic mind you, is that they never made this in a SS variant.
A stainless steel variant would be sweet.
Congratulations on finding a razor that makes you happy. I found this razor to be well suited to my face as well. For future reference, and by no means your only "sweet spot" this is a fairly mild razor that pairs well (for most) with a sharp blade. You could stop right here and save yourself a whole lot of money... or you could...

Top Bottom