What's new

Modern Stuff

fatt_tony said:
I like Hanae Mori and Bvlgari Blv these are very nice scents. I want to try the Lolita Lempicka, I bought the womens for my wife but have'nt tried the mens yet. Also someone once told me that Italian fragrances lasted longer than the French fragrances.

Hanae Mori is very similar to Lolita Lempicka. The major component for both is a vanilla dry down.

Hanae Mori
Angel Men by Thierry Mugler
Armani Code (formerly Black Code)
L'artisan Fou d'Absinthe and Tea for Two
Gucci Envy
Dolce & Gabanna Pour Homme

Those are my favorites.

fatt_tony said:
I like Hanae Mori and Bvlgari Blv these are very nice scents. I want to try the Lolita Lempicka, I bought the womens for my wife but have'nt tried the mens yet. Also someone once told me that Italian fragrances lasted longer than the French fragrances.

I need to sample a wide variety of fragrances since I'm quite out of the loop. Unfortunately, this site has added a severe cologne component to my SCAD (does that make me a CAD?). I've heard great things about Bvlgari, that's for sure.

Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus are really good places to sample a wide variety of fragrances and the people seem to be alot more friendly and knowledgeable than other department stores.

inkling said:
I need to sample a wide variety of fragrances since I'm quite out of the loop. Unfortunately, this site has added a severe cologne component to my SCAD (does that make me a CAD?). I've heard great things about Bvlgari, that's for sure.

Do yourself a favor and promise you will never, ever make a blind buy. It gets addicting very quickly. The basenotes.net community has a huge selection of decants (samples) available if you can't sample at a local store. This is how I've done my sampling of some very pricey fragrances.

mr_economy said:
Do yourself a favor and promise you will never, ever make a blind buy. It gets addicting very quickly. The basenotes.net community has a huge selection of decants (samples) available if you can't sample at a local store. This is how I've done my sampling of some very pricey fragrances.

I was tempted to do a blind buy, but thankfully got several samples from Scotto here at B&B. I saved myself from a couple of poor purchases... but of course I found other ones that I now "need" to have. It's a vicious circle! :001_smile

I utilized the request samples e-mail list and received many replies. Now I need about 10 more colognes that I did not Even know existed before - go figure :w00t:

Goosemeplease said:
I utilized the request samples e-mail list and received many replies. Now I need about 10 more colognes that I did not Even know existed before - go figure :w00t:

No kidding. I was just about to be lured into the world of L'artisan perfumery when I stumbled upon the sample request for T&H. Now, less $120, I have the 1805 and Freshman colognes on the way :eek:

Top Bottom