What's new

Modern Stuff

Livingston said:
Does anyone here like Aqua di Gio? It's a newer fragrance I think, but oh so nice!

I like it, I have the shampoo and aftershave balm aswell. I do think it could have been just a little bit more stronger just a tiny bit or perhaps I spray too little on myself could also be. :wink:

Hola,

I am a sucker for fragrances. I can’t walk by that part of a store without spraying at least 4 or 5 on me. Then it takes all my might to not make an impulse purchase.

As far as modern fragrances go mine change from time to time. Right now these are my top 3 that I would suggest.

1. Ralph Lauren Purple Label
2. Curve Soul (Liz Claiborne): this one gets the most comments from the ladies
3. Armani Black Code: which I believe is now strictly named Code.

Tito

aqua digio - very good
now have cool water by davidof
had kenith cole black
D&G was decent
polo sport is nice, but not on my skin. Other people i smelled it on was great.
jill senders, very nice and not a lot of people have that.

I use to be a lot into this stuff, but right now its not a big deal anymore.

Tag is getting really popular lately, but i dont really want to use it just yet although it might not be a bad idea.

I want to try http://www.penhaligons.co.uk/ishop/images/1/m_end50ml.jpg

I'm a little new to the scents that are well tied to shaving itself but when it comes to a cologne I just have never been able to get past Obsession. Quite strong at first but mellows quickly with some of the best middle and ending tones I have ever come across.

khari said:
Jil Sander for Men is really good. I have about half a bottle of Donna Karan's DKMEN from 1994. The stuff was awesome! It had scents of leather, petrol, and smoke blended in. Unfortunately, they discontinued it when Estee Lauder bought DK. It's extremely difficult to find now and commands prices north of $150 in some cases.

That DKMEN is awesome... I've been trying to find some (affordable) for quite a while now.

I almost hate to mention my new favorite since I don't want the secret getting out. Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin is amazing, featuring a mix of anise, vanilla and cedar. My wife goes delirious when I wear it; I almost want to start making out with myself. :wink2:

I also love Safari by Ralph Lauren (which I recently discovered was discontinued) since it pairs so well with my Sandalwood soaps and creams.

Platinum Égoïste by Chanel works well after Lime-based products.

Lastly, I just discovered Penhaligon's Endymion which reminds me of a more sophisticated Obsession, without the cloying sweetness of that product.

inkling said:
I almost hate to mention my new favorite since I don't want the secret getting out. Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin is amazing, featuring a mix of anise, vanilla and cedar. My wife goes delirious when I wear it; I almost want to start making out with myself. :wink2:

I agree... great scent.:thumbup1:

I own:

Creed Green Irish Tweed
Creed Millieseme Imperiale
Maitre Perfumier et Gantier Santal Noble
Chanel Anteaus
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Penhaligon's Hamman Bouquet
Knize Ten

I'm thinking of getting some Creed Cuir de Russie (tried a sample and loved it). Also thinking about MPG Perfume d'Habit.

inkling said:
I almost hate to mention my new favorite since I don't want the secret getting out. Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin is amazing, featuring a mix of anise, vanilla and cedar. My wife goes delirious when I wear it; I almost want to start making out with myself. ...
:w00t: :lol: :lol:

jer said:
I own:

Creed Green Irish Tweed
Creed Millieseme Imperiale
Maitre Perfumier et Gantier Santal Noble
Chanel Anteaus
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Penhaligon's Hamman Bouquet
Knize Ten

I'm thinking of getting some Creed Cuir de Russie (tried a sample and loved it). Also thinking about MPG Perfume d'Habit.

I forgot my Fresh Cannabis Santal- I'm wearing it today.

SSLStudio said:
I like it, I have the shampoo and aftershave balm aswell. I do think it could have been just a little bit more stronger just a tiny bit or perhaps I spray too little on myself could also be. :wink:

It just doesn't last very long. I have had my bottle for some years now and the dissapointment for me is it lasts like 2 or 3 hours even with 3 sprays on skin and cloths.

If you want to try something other than the typical Department store colgnes try some Avon brand. I have to admist they make some good smelling stuff.
I have a bottle of their RPM and Pro Sport and they both smell great to me. Plus they are pretty cheap, the RPM is a pretty large bottle for like $20 I guess and if you ask the sales person for a sample I am sure they can get you some.

I have a bottle of Bora Bora but for my preference I don't care for it that much.

I had a bottle of Pleasures that wasn't bad but I had it for over 5 years so I thought I had to get rid of it lol

I don't wear cologne that much but if I can find something that sticks around a while and I love the smell I am sure I would wear it more often.

pitbulls20 said:
It just doesn't last very long. I have had my bottle for some years now and the dissapointment for me is it lasts like 2 or 3 hours even with 3 sprays on skin and cloths.

If you want to try something other than the typical Department store colgnes try some Avon brand. I have to admist they make some good smelling stuff.
I have a bottle of their RPM and Pro Sport and they both smell great to me. Plus they are pretty cheap, the RPM is a pretty large bottle for like $20 I guess and if you ask the sales person for a sample I am sure they can get you some.

I have a bottle of Bora Bora but for my preference I don't care for it that much.

I had a bottle of Pleasures that wasn't bad but I had it for over 5 years so I thought I had to get rid of it lol

I don't wear cologne that much but if I can find something that sticks around a while and I love the smell I am sure I would wear it more often.

Hi there , to that comment I can only advice you try the B&B Cologne its too precious to me or else id offer you a decant but I can not stand it if id be running low on that one. im def. taking that one on my holiday ! Masculine extravaganza ! and it stays with you the whole day the cologne gets better the older it gets like some good red wine. or champagne. I think Rik still has some you should give him a PM I like the dry down aswell its my best cologne sofar in my collection. followed close by Azzemour unisex EDT by C&E.

I like the Aqua di Gio more and more since I use it more and agree the power is gone after around 4 hour or me... I better decant it to a mini atomizer so I can re-spritz it.

What does this cologne smell like? I am interested in trying out most anything once to see if I like it. Does this person do samples?

craigrutan said:
I just picked up a bottle of this one and it is wonderful. Thanks for the suggestion.

Craig

I'm only running on a sample, but I'm picking up a full bottle tomorrow. The missus demands it! :blush:

Craig_In_Cincy said:
I have to admit to a fancy for Grey Flannel. I'm not even certain that it's still made, but I always dug the scent.

Cheers,
Craig

The local TJ Maxx has tons of bottles of this stuff.

I like Hanae Mori and Bvlgari Blv these are very nice scents. I want to try the Lolita Lempicka, I bought the womens for my wife but have'nt tried the mens yet. Also someone once told me that Italian fragrances lasted longer than the French fragrances.

Top Bottom