RazoRock JAWS 0.84
Shark Super Stainless (6)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Cashmere 30mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: hot shower
Lather: Col Conk Unscented, face-lathered
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream

Haven’t ruined any more mowers, so that’s good.

Tried normal-people shallow to add efficiency to the shave while keeping those pushback strokes. Faster, but maintaining comfort was trickier.
Could you pls explain how to apply "pushback strokes"? Thx.

Modern May 25, excellent shave with the Razorock Game Changer 84-P loaded with a Personna Lab Blue along with bowl lathered Arko.

20220525_054739.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
That is one lovely Timeless razor. The scalloped head on the closed bar looks fantastic. Lots of eye appeal. I am glad to hear the .38 works well for you! I have been really eyeing their Slim .5 razor as well.
Thanks Butch! As noted, the small blade gap made me nervous as I’m discovering I like more aggressive razors. But it was a great shave and it does look pretty in the “shave den”, no matter what my lovely bride still chooses to call it. 😁

Curly Out

Seeing as how I manged to cut my hand pretty badly while assembling the pic attached, maybe this was my Modern Mayday shave of the night...

Preshave wash w/Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Oil soap
Harry's preshave scrub
Proraso pre shave
Proraso sensitive skin shave cream
Vikings Blade Chieftain Jr.
Persona Med Prep blade
Naked Armor stainless steel scuttle
Perfecto badger brush
Duke Cannon Ice Cold after shave balm

8/10. Damned shave, which I attribute to the quality of the blade. I wound up w/one small nick near my Adam's Apple, & a bloody huge one (pun intended) right under my chin. Then, like I said, I was careless handling the razor & gave myself one of the near-painless, yet deep cuts at which Med Prep blades excel. But, I can't blame the razor for my own carelessness.

20220525_214021.jpg
Guh,
-Z

Seeing as how I manged to cut my hand pretty badly while assembling the pic attached, maybe this was my Modern Mayday shave of the night...

Preshave wash w/Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Oil soap
Harry's preshave scrub
Proraso pre shave
Proraso sensitive skin shave cream
Vikings Blade Chieftain Jr.
Persona Med Prep blade
Naked Armor stainless steel scuttle
Perfecto badger brush
Duke Cannon Ice Cold after shave balm

8/10. Damned shave, which I attribute to the quality of the blade. I wound up w/one small nick near my Adam's Apple, & a bloody huge one (pun intended) right under my chin. Then, like I said, I was careless handling the razor & gave myself one of the near-painless, yet deep cuts at which Med Prep blades excel. But, I can't blame the razor for my own carelessness.

View attachment 1461997
Guh,
-Z
Sorry for the hand getting cut. Been there done that. And will probably do that again!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Modern May Challenge

Last night’s shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84
Shark Super Stainless (7)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Cashmere 30mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: hot shower
Lather: Col Conk Unscented, face-lathered
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream

Low-angled shaving is comfortable, but I‘m way too slow at it, have unnecessary struggles in spots (chin and sides of throat), and don’t foresee it speeding up in a timely manner. Cleanup at a steep angle was more effective, used less pressure, and was just as comfortable. Looking forward to the speed run next time.

My copy/paste skills are lacking this morning

No photo, but it really did happen!

Yates 921-M, Israeli Red (2), MWS Sensitive Skin, and a mixed badger/boar from AP Shave Co.
What a wonderful shave! The Yates, for me, gives an audible shave like an injector or GEM razor, making me glad that I am not shaving in the bedroom for fear of waking my wife up! There must be like an echo chamber or sound amplification system made by the lather slots and other machining to get so a full, rich sounding shave :letterk1:

Top Bottom