What's new

Modern May Challenge 2022

26th shave in May with a modern-day razor, today with a Carbon CX in copper, From a run of 26, this is number four. Fantastic razor, and beautiful.
Imagepipe_49.jpg

Hey Mr T, or Mr Big!

What do you think of the Strangelet blades? I don't want to start a derailing, so if you posted elsewhere, point me there! Thank you!

Hey Yooper, you can call me T. A tuck of Strangelet blades was given to me by Youtuber Matthew, I never would have bought them myself. They are a smooth, comfortable blade but not quite sharp enough for me. IMHO there are many better blades out there for less money. I don't consider them better than an Astra SP which costs half as much.

Hey Yooper, you can call me T. A tuck of Strangelet blades was given to me by Youtuber Matthew, I never would have bought them myself. They are a smooth, comfortable blade but not quite sharp enough for me. IMHO there are many better blades out there for less money. I don't consider them better than an Astra SP which costs half as much.
Thanks, T, I appreciate the honest feedback. The write up on the site is typical PAA (ie, fun to read) but reviews are all over the place. Your comments are very helpful.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Modern May Challenge

Last night’s shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84
Shark Super Stainless (8)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Cashmere 30mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: hot shower
Lather: Col Conk Unscented, face-lathered
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream

Two, steep passes (WTG and ATG) and I was close enough for the win! Shaved 18 minutes off the clock, too.

20220527_113011-01-01-01-01.jpeg

Rex Ambassador today, 2 highly efficient and enjoyable passes. Almost BBS.
It's been my first outing of CF Lime SC. A very pleasant scent and one of the few lime scents out there which doesn't remind of a cleansing product. I still have to find the perfect product /water ratio with this cream, however, I highly enjoyed the shave with it.

It's a present which my family gifted to me yesterday, Father's Day 😍

Happy shaves!

Last edited:
Top Bottom