What's new

MIND THE GAP - Club for Aggressive Razor Shavers

Just curious what you guys think? Not sure if I should start another thread or continue asking in here.
Not to tell you what to do, but you asked... you will get more visibility if you post in the newbie intro thread. We have a few people that really have the head shaving thing dialled in and should be willing to help. Also, those who know what shave soap brands are available in upside down land. Welcome to B&B!

Not to tell you what to do, but you asked... you will get more visibility if you post in the newbie intro thread. We have a few people that really have the head shaving thing dialled in and should be willing to help. Also, those who know what shave soap brands are available in upside down land. Welcome to B&B!
Thanks for the advice & also the welcome.

Did you mean that I should post in the Newbie forum Shave Clinic & Newbie Check-In - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/forums/shave-clinic-newbie-check-in.55/, or is there a specific thread I should post in?

As I mentioned in a previous post, I did order the Ti Yates for my head. I also did order the EH OC plate in Ti. This was my first Ti razor. I've owned a few Al razors and I did not like how any of them felt or performed. I have been using the Ti and SS 921-EH OC razors on my face for a couple weeks now. I have been using both Feather and Nacet blades. My soap choices have been varied. Like I said, this is my first Ti razor. I really have to focus on not pressing hard. When I'm shaving correctly, the Ti razor provides exceptional feedback. I can feel the feedback much better than with the SS. I feel that both razors are equally nimble. Oh, BTW, my SS razor has a bead blasted finish and the Ti has as machined. Both razors provide me a very efficient shave that is comfortable. I was pretty concerned about the Yates handle when my SS version arrived. It was quite the change from my beloved RazoRock HD handle. It took about 2 shaves and I realized that I really enjoyed the handle. Both metals provide great grip. All this said, I do have a preference for my face. I have come to the conclusion that a Ti razor is just not worth the money. I don't see myself ever buying another one. First off the metal feels very different on the skin. The metal drags ever so slightly. I have to say, it is very annoying! It's not an applying too much pressure drag, just the metal doesn't glide as effortlessly as SS. The craftmanship of the Yates is exceptional. Ti is harder than SS which leads me to my next issue. The metal grinds ever so slightly when screwing the handle onto the top cap. There is nothing wrong with the threads, it's just Ti to Ti. One last thing I'm not a fan of. I have not quantified this yet, so it is purely a subjective issue at this point. The Ti version does not retain as much water as I like. The SS version hold a lot of water in support of the soap. The Ti version just can't seem to hold water.
All that said, both versions are the best razors I have used on my face. To me, thee Yates 921-EH OC is as close to straight shave as I have been able to achieve.

$0.99 razor from Temu. I just ordered a second one for travel. It is cheap, it is stamped, it is probably zamak on the screw threads.
But it has a honkin' big blade gap, which I had been looking for.
And a bonus that I thought was a drawback - there are no alignment pins to hold the blade in place. But actually I can place the blade exactly where I want and screwing the handle holds it nice and snug.

WTG followed by quick ATG touch ups gives me a near-BBS in no time!

proxy.php

I will explain, it will probably get deleted, but understand that it isn’t as funny when explained.

Al Shabab means “the students.” This is both a code word for a particular flavor of religious extremest as well as the name of one group. In that particular religion, shaving the beard off is forbidden. In many cases these “students” would terrorize their own people by banning objects that could be used to commit violations of the religion, not just prosecute the commission there of. So by naming this object, which is used to violate religious edict, after the people carrying out the punishment is… interesting!

Top Bottom