Shave-
Torrey SR
Omega 10019 boar
CBL Fougere soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Florida Water AS

The process-
It’s the weekend and I went random. Thought I would grab a brush I haven’t used in awhile, the Omega 10019. It’s the first boar brush I picked up and runs about $8. I’ve had this for about 1.5 years and put a lot of shaves on it. It has broken in well and is soft, but doesn’t splay much. It also has backbone for days. Anyway, it tore into the soap and a 20 second load time was more than enough. Whipped up a really nice lather and got to it. I may have mentioned before that the CBL Fougere has a nice light scent.

I have the J Allen right where I want it edge wise, so the Torrey got the nod today. I have been lax, so I need to work back through them all and make sure they are all dialed in. Hinge pin needs a bit of tightening, so I may do that today. A quick 40 laps on leather for this one. I went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. That was a great shave and I am BBS for the win! No tweaking needed except for the pin. Man ... I really dig a great shave.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a drip dry. Hit it with a glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Truly outstanding!

Home Front-
Mowing is the task for the day ... yuck. Will wrap up the day with dinner and a movie with the missus. Not sure what else the weekend holds. But start with a great shave and end with a date night ... Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 309 SR: 292)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Super Speed
Wizamet blade (2)
Semogue boar
MWF soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Avon Clint AS

The process-
Late morning shave today. Mixed the kit up again and really enjoying the outcome. The Super Speed and Semogue got the nod today. I think you can tell be my journal entries that I favor the boars. Brush was really too wet and the 30 second load time had a wet sloppy mess going on ... it was great! It did settle down to a very nice lather. Man ... I dig the Fat.

I went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Outstanding shave! The Wizmet blades are nice and provide a very close, comfortable shave. Easy peasy BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a drip dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Oh yeah, I am “That Guy” today! Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 309 SR: 293)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Torrey SR
Omega 48 boar
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Proraso Red AS

The process-
Back to the grind today and it's a short week. Went back to the Proraso Red for this week as well. I may pound on this during the work week(s) and use other bits on the weekends. Who knows? Anyway, kept the same 30 second load time with a wet brush and got to it. Built a great smelling lather and had plenty of it for the shave and post shave.

I was lazy and just hit the Torrey for 20 laps this morning. I went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I didn't make the time to tighten the hinge pin this weekend and it was really annoying me this morning. I will have to correct that this evening. But other than that, I had a great shave and I am BBS for the win! I will take that all week long.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a drip dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! I know I have mentioned that this was the second soap that I tried and immediately picked up the AS. I really dig this Sandalwood scent. Great budget pricing for this set and readily available, what's not to like? I am ready to kick this week off.

Home front-
Have a follow-up visit with the podiatrist on Friday and will have some more toe stuff done ... yeah me. I guess my toes are healing ok, they are really sensitive right now. That's a crappy way to spend my b-day. The missus needs your prayers, positive thoughts, well wishes, etc for this Wednesday. She had some things scheduled awhile back that were rescheduled for this week. On a positive note, I also brought my fountain pen to work to play with today ... yeah me. That's all I have for you today friends and neighbors. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 310 SR: 293)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Super Speed
Wizmet blade (3)
Omega 48 boar
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Proraso Red AS

The process-
So ... I thought that I would use the Wizamet again this morning. No particular reason ... other than that snooze button. Man I was sleeping great until that obnoxious buzzer intruded. Anyway, you know the drill as my routine really doesn't deviate much. A 30 second load time with a wet(ish) brush and it was go time. I dig this sandalwood scent as it opens up when lathering.

I went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I had a great shave and I am BBS for the win! I really like these blades too, they are smooth and sharp from the first shave. Too bad the prices are going crazy. I guess at some point I need to look at the date code on this razor. Sorry no pic again today, but I think it's a 1940's Super Speed. Shaves great too. I think I read somewhere that the versions after these started getting milder and milder. But I did have a 1956 that was also a great shaver. I should have held onto that one too.

Ok ... enough of that. I wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a drip dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Man ... there is just something about this scent. To my nose, it smells classy. And the dry down is nice. It is there, but not in your face. I am once again ready to take on the day.

Home front-
Ok ... winding down the work week. Psych! ... it's only Tuesday. It's a short week for me, but not that short. I am off work tomorrow and then back on Thursday. So I have fewer days to get the same workload done ... ah good times. Anyway that's my week so far. Will I keep the Proraso on my day off or go random? Hmm ... guess you will have to tune back in tomorrow. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 310 SR: 295)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Torrey SR
Omega 48 boar
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Proraso Red AS

The Process-
So ... back to our regularly scheduled programming. I had full access to the bathroom this morning, so life is back to normal. Went back to the Proraso to take another layer off of it and finish the work week off. Typical 30 second load time and a great lather this morning. Yup ... still digging the scent.

40 laps on the leather this morning and the Torrey was ready for action. I went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Great shave this morning and a tad more enjoyable than the last few. Yesterday I did tighten up the hinge pin a bit and that made all the difference. The initial looseness that was there was really bugging me. Oh and as an added bonus, I am BBS for the win! Very nice start to the day.

I wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a drip dry. Then a glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Yup ... just ... yup.

Home front-
So ... the work week is winding down today. But I do have several things I need to knock out fist. Tomorrow, I have a couple of appointments to take care of, but nothing exciting. Saturday we will be going to The State Fair of Texas. Fletcher's Corn Dogs here we come! Man ... oh man ... Jalapeño and Cheese awesomeness on a stick. I think that's it for now. Life is good!

For your listenting enjoyment

10A1F915-3037-4765-B730-5C5057F0CDD4.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 310 SR: 296)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
PermEdge SR
Semogue 610 boar
CBL Sir Fougere soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Florida Water AS

The Process-
Up early but a late shave. As Don says, I had to visit the toe bro this morning and he abused my digits. So I followed that up with a nice shave. Sir Fougere got the nod today. I’m starting to pick up another subtle scent in this soap, not sure what it is but I dig it. Grabbed the Semogue to beat on it some and whipped up a really nice lather.

40 laps on the leather this morning. I went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and have a smidge of drama to report. The PermEdge decided to give me a birthday peck on the cheek. Hateful Bi ... I mean ... it wasn’t bad. Stopped bleeding before I was done shaving. Other than that, great shave and I am BBS for the win!

I wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a drip dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Great way to restart my day. I’m digging it.

Home front-
The toe bro was just a check up and everything is healing fine. Have the day off today, so just bumming around. Then tomorrow is The State Fair of Texas. I think that’s about it. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 311 SR: 296)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Super Speed
Wizamet blade (4)
Vulfix badger
Stirling Triumph soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Stirling Triumph AS

The Process-
In a bit of a rush this morning because I wanted to get to the fair before it got too hot. Stirling got the nod today and with a 30 second load it was all business. Great lather and great scent.

Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Easy peasy shave and I am BBS for the win!

I wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a drip dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Great shave and I am digging the scent. It’s going to be a great day! Today I triumph!

Home front-
Had a great time at the fair today. We have our company picnic there and for the first time ever, my wife and I both won awesome door prizes. Life is good!

4A509809-C348-4563-B7D5-A0254151DBA7.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 311 SR: 297)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Dovo SR
Zenith boar
MWF soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Avon Clint AS

The process-
Jus a quick entry. Great messy wet shave and I am BBS! I did the same as Kyle and went with the Clint FTW!

Home front-
Going to visit my mom and stepdad. Life is good!

B82E4E76-43B0-4ED3-A68D-02B6C6884E71.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 311 SR: 298)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Dovo SR
Omega Pro boar
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Proraso Red AS

The process-
Back to the grind and back to the Proraso Red. As I mentioned before, I will probably use this during the work week until it is finished. Just because. So just some quick notes on the shave. Standard shave all the way through and I am BBS for the win! Man I still dig this scent. Decided to start the week off with a glug of the AS and everything is right as rain! Let's do this!

Home front-
About a month ago I mentioned an ominous cloud, or front, that was approaching our township. It's more of a force I guess, but not a weather storm. This oppressive force cause much anxiety when it was on the horizon and moving in. It had settled into the township and has people on edge. There has been much wringing of hands to go around. Then the township started to settle with facing the inevitable. Like prey captured in the grip of the predator. Over the weeks, there was a silence that was deafening, but there were random whispers somewhere that could be heard from time to time. Our township has heard of this force settling into towns and leaving great sorrow in it's wake. We speculate that this one will pass in about a week. That will be good and bad ... just depending. The township is nervous again and the force once again intensifies before it exits. It will leave destruction in it's wake. I continue to keep moving along with my days and chores as best I can. There is nothing that can be done, but to ride this out and hope that our home is still standing when the clouds pass.

Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 312 SR: 301)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
PermEdge SR
Omega Pro boar
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Proraso Red AS

The process-
So ... man it was rough getting up this morning for some reason, but I made it. Stayed with the Proraso to wind down the work week. Also stayed with my same routine with a 30 second load time and cranked up a nice lather. Yup ... still digging the scent. 40 laps on the leather and the PermEdge was ready to go. Went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. There were a couple of times that the point felt like it may bite, but it never did. I did miss a tad on the jawline, so we will call this a DFS for the win! Maybe I was off my game just a bit today. A quick rinse and drip dry. Followed up with a glug of the AS, but I am not that guy today. That sealed the deal and everything was right as rain! You know it.

Home front-
I guess this was also a quick(ish) update as well. This has pretty much been the same shave for the last few weeks, trying to knock out this Proraso. Something weird happened yesterday. Both the wife and I felt like we had really bad sinuses. Headache, drainage and kinda just blah feeling. I haven't talked to her yet today, but I am feeling worse. Not sure what's up with that, but I hope I shake it soon. And you know the drill ... Life is good!

C4131BCF-FD4F-4250-BED3-0D4ED3458DD5.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 312 SR: 302)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
J Allen SR
Semogue 610 boar
Modern Williams soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather AS

The process-
Turned the alarm clock off last night. I think I caught up on my sleep and had a great late morning shave today. Replaced all the kit for a nice random shave that leaned kinda old school. I hadn’t used the Williams in awhile, so I put enough water in the mug to just cover the soap. It only set for a minute while I waited for the sink water to warm up. My water leans towards the hard side. Dumped the water out and hit it with a really wet boar. Looking back, I could have skipped the short bloom. I whipped up a ton of lather that was really wet

Went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. The lather was probably a bit too wet, but it was slick and did a great job. I also dig the buttery smooth edge of this J Allen, it made quick work of hair removal. When everything was said and done, I am BBS for the win

Had enough lather for a post shave while I cleaned equipment. Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and drip dry. Followed up with a glug of the AS ... make that two. Oh yeah, I am That Guy today. Love these Avon scents from back in the day. And everything was right as rain! The post shave is nice, not luxurious but nice. I could make due if I had too.

Home front-
Nothing really planned for today, but I may go get a new pair of work shoes. Something with a wider toe box. And no ... I won’t fall down that rabbit hole. But if I find a nice Fedora along the way ... nope not going there. Hm maybe a loafer and go business / casual. Who knows? Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 312 SR: 303)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Boker SR
Zenith boar
Stirling Baker Street soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Stirling Baker Street AS

The process-
Late morning shave today and Baker Street got the nod. It’s been awhile since I’ve used this one and it almost got the nod for the work week. But I’m still working through the Proraso. That’s not a bad thing. Great lather this morning, in spite of the Zenith. I really like this brush, but it may be dying. Not sure yet. But it has been shedding recently and it’s heavy shedding. If it dies I may try a Stirling or the Jade Omega from Connaught. We’ll see what happens.

Went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. The Boker hasn’t seen much action lately but the blade is still sharp and smooth. Had a nice, uneventful shave and I am BBS for the win! Great start to the day. Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and drip dry. Followed up with a healthy splash of the matching AS and everything was right as rain! From start to finish, one very nice shave!

Home front-
Nice easy weekend, man I dig those. Got that Schick in yesterday, but won’t play with it until next weekend. I don’t usually try new razors during the work week. Please excuse any posting weirdness. Got a new work phone Friday and there is some weirdness. I think that’s all I have. Life is good!

7EFCF63D-1FF5-489B-993A-019725582AFD.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 312 SR: 304)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
J Allen SR
Omega Pro boar
Mitchells Woof Fat soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Aramis AS

The process-
Ok ... it's a new week, so let's get to it. I was going to rock the Proraso Red again today, but this Aramis was calling my name. The soap is unobtainium, but from the reviews I've seen it was not awesome, just so so. Anyway they do continue to make the AS splash and balm, so they must still be popular. Hit The Fat this morning for 30 seconds and it didn't disappoint. I'm not sure what the light scent is of that soap, but I dig it. Whipped up a great lather and got to work.

40 laps on the leather and the J Allen was ready. Went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Very nice, smooth shave and I am BBS for the win! That was nice ... very nice!

Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and drip dry. Followed up with a dab of the ASB and everything was right as rain! Yes ... yes ... yes it was! Oh my gosh! I can wrap the scent description up in three words ... A-maz-ing! Say it slow, it's three words. This is an ASB and I lean more towards splashes. It's a tad thicker than Nivia ASB, but was completely absorbed by the time I got to work. Did I mention that the scent is amazing? Post shave feel is also good. Don't know if that is the ASB or Mitchell's or both, but it works well together. I am not usually a frag guy, but I had to use the fu fu juice. I still have a partial bottle from the 1990's and I will have to use that also. But today I grabbed the new bottle and went with 1 ping only. Yup that is the bomb! Man I am really digging this scent. Look out work week, I am pounding you into submission!

Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 312 SR: 306)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Boker SR
Semogue 610 boar
Mitchells Wool Fat soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Aramis AS

The process-
Just a quick update today, because it will be one of those days and then some. Basically the same kit as I have used so far this week. Great results! My head is high, chest is out. Let's kick in some doors.

Shave Count (DE: 313 SR: 306)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Super Speed
Wizamet blade (6)
Vulfix badger
Mitchells Wool Fat soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Aramis AS

The process-
TGITHMF! It's a new day ... the sun is shining and the birds are singing. Yeah right, it's overcast and drizzling. We won't let a little thing like that put a damper on our day. I was determined to rock the Aramis all work week and I did that. I did change some hardware along the way and today was no exception. The Super Speed and the Vulfix got the nod today, just because I needed to shave off a few minutes this morning and get out the door. See what I did there? With a 30 second load time,the Vulfix did a nice job of whipping up lather. Had enought for a 3 pass and a post shave.

I stayed with the standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Great shave that was easy peasy and I am BBS for the win! That right there is how to wrap up the week. Man oh man. Wrapped everything up with a quick splash of water and a drip dry. A dab of the AS and everything was right as rain! Amazing shave and I am once again ready for the day.

Home Front-
This looks like another "play it by ear weekend", we shall see. Life is good!

Have a tune -

8E86B889-95B5-4A31-801E-6763A9ED2134.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 313 SE: 1 SR: 309)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Dovo SR
Stirling boar brush
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Proraso Red AS

The process-
So ... back to the grind and back to the Proraso. Man, that alarm clock went off way too early this morning. When I first started with traditional shaving, it was one soap from start to finish. Then I discovered the various scents and now I struggle if I try to 3017 a soap. But I can usually keep the same soap/AS for the work week and mix it up on the weekends. Anyway, I used the new boar brush again today and it did well. It did shed more, but not as much. It also has decent backbone and splay. I'm curious to see how it breaks in. Ran it a bit wet and went with a 30 second load time. Whipped up a nice lather that smelled great.

40 laps on leather this morning and the Dovo was ready for action. I went with my standard shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Very nice shave and I am BBS for the win! I'll take that anytime. Wrapped it up with a splash of water and a drip dry. A healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Man, I really do dig this Sandalwood.

Home Front-
Nothing new to report yet, the week just started. Oh ... I did take Wednesday off but it is not for fun stuff. Uh ... ok, that's it. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 313 SE: 1 SR: 310)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Dovo SR
Stirling boar brush
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Proraso Red AS

The process-
Quick update. Same setup, same process and same results. I am BBS and everything is right as rain! I think I am beginning to see the darkness from the red tub peek through the bottom. We'll see what the tub looks like tomorrow.

Home Front-
Exchanged my new shoes on Saturday and this new pair fit better. But ... I'm still not sure about them. Busy work schedule again this week. Implementing some new systems and work processes ... so that's always fun. Visit with the doc tomorrow. Uh ... that's all I got. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 313 SE: 1 SR: 311)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Dovo SR
Stirling boar brush
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Proraso Red AS

The process-
Happy Wednesday! Late morning shave today and it was great. Kept the same kit again, trying to knock out this tub. Didn’t hit the bottom yet, but I am getting close. 30 second load time and ran the brush pretty wet. I’m digging this new brush. Nice backbone and splay. It did shed again today though.

40 laps on leather and I was ready. Went with the standard shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Great shave and I am BBS for the win! I didn’t realize it at the time, but after the dry down I found a racing strip along the jaw line. No leakage, just a friendly reminder to pay attention.

Wrapped everything up with splash of water and a drip dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Oh yeah! It’s going to be a great day! Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 313 SE: 1 SR: 312)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Dovo SR
Stirling boar brush
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Proraso Red AS

The process-
Back at it again today. I beat the alarm by 5 minutes this morning and didn't hit snooze. Yay Me! Although I was a bit slow moving due to the arctic weather. Man, I'm ready for Summer. Anyway I am running the same kit and whipped up a really nice lather. Yup, I'll have to pound on this during the work week until it is done but I think I'll stick with the weekend variety too. The bottom is now peaking out. I am digging this Stirling brush as well, grabbed I snagged it.

40 laps on leather again this morning. Went with the standard shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Oh yes ... a very nice shave was delivered and no racing strips today. That was a great shave and I am BBS for the win! Wrapped everything up with splash of water and a drip dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Man I smell great! Time to take on the day.

Home front-
So ... apparently Trump is having a rally tonight at an arena not too far my office. They should start letting people in at 4:30. The protesters should be staging up at the park across the street from my office. I get off at 5:30, so with all the foot traffic and road closures, it should be fun trying to get out of here. In other news, I am saving up my health points to convert to Amazon gift cards. I have kinda burned through the give cards this year, but I may have enough to pick up a small shoe shine kit. I have never had one, does anyone have any recommendations from Amazon? And no, I won't be falling down that rabbit hole either. Life is good.

Shave Count (DE: 313 SE: 1 SR: 313)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Dovo SR
Stirling boar brush
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Proraso Red AS

The process-
Winding this work week down with the same kit and I now see the bottom of the tub coming through. I'm curious how many shaves remain in this tub ... most exciting. Anyway ... had a really nice shave once again today. The Stirling brush appears to have stopped shedding and I am really digging it. The backbone and splay are very nice ... it's a keeper. Hit the Proraso for 30 seconds with a wet(ish) brush and made short work of a really nice lather. It was one of those sloppy fun lathers. Still digging the Sandalwood too.

40 laps on leather to start the day. Went with the standard shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Very nice, smooth shave just cruising right along. I guess I must have had one eye open because I missed a spot on the jawline. Grrrrrrr ... so we'll call that a DFS+ for the win! I'll still take that, at least I'm not scruffy. Wrapped everything up with splash of water and a drip dry. A double tap ... oh who am I kidding .. it was a glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! There is just something about that Sandalwood. Now I am ready to take on the day.

Home front-
Well, our building survived the rally and I didn't hear of a lot of drama on the news. So I guess that's good. I don't know what we have planned for the weekend other than bathing dogs, but I'm sure my wife will let me know. I may goof around a bit on Amazon looking for a budget shoe shine kit also. Uh ... that's all I got. Life is good!

Top Bottom