What's new

May 2023 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in & back in the home den!

View attachment 1662686Blackland's Dart likely was my final partner in crime in this GRUME event. I'm not sure if I'm going to have another shave tomorrow.

Today's Tallow Tabac Tuesday shave was a brilliant one, I started off with a fresh puck. Some might decline that there's any freshness in context of Tabac (🤣), but you know what I mean... 😉

Two passes today with Blackland's Dart, some minor touchups, and two days worth of growth were gone. True BBS.

June already is in sight 😎.
If you haven't already joined in now it's the time to support the June GRUME event (aka the best thread on B&B 😎).

Cheers
Guido
The excitement of a fresh puck is not to be underestimated! Of course, if you only use that during Tallowbac Tuesday - and Tabactober - it should last you, what, about 5 years? ;)

Date31.05.2023
365 daily shaves / GRUYERE151/365 (100%)
151/363 (99%)
GRUME May / Soap of the Month Club(SOTMC)
31/29 (94%)
31/31 (100%)
Modern May26/31
(84%)

RazorBladeBrush
Lambda Athena
Gillette Black (22)Kox Blue Synthetic
SoapPasses
Pre- & Post-shave
Haslinger
Sandelholz
WTG
XTG
ATG
1. Cold splash
2. KCG Face Wash
3. Proraso Green preshave
4. Cold splash
5. Aftershave
6. Balm

Efficiency
(details here)
Quality
8/10 (~20 m)10/10 (clean)
EffectivenessComfort
7/10 (DFS)10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to these shaves:

Ended May out, but still managed a decent 29/31. All things considering that’s ok in my book. No particular need for restocking either so onwards to June! Congrats to all who made it and those still in GRUYERE.

Considered to do a last minute switch to my Tech, but decided to do that for another time and finish May on a high with the Athena. Superb shave with excellent results.

For extended notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

Back from 5 days citytrip Rome, What a wonderfull city.
Resisted visiting a shaving shop so still in.
Glad to change traveling Glillette Mach3 for something descent again.

Last shave of the month

Fatip piccolo
BIC Chrome Platinum (4)
Anbbas synth brush
Proraso Red (SOTM) La Toja shaving stick
Nivea sensitive ASB
Brut Musk EdT

Still in!

The excitement of a fresh puck is not to be underestimated! Of course, if you only use that during Tallowbac Tuesday - and Tabactober - it should last you, what, about 5 years? ;)
I guess your math is correct.
I'd assume 4 to 5 years indeed is a reasonable period of time for this triple millled soap puck (according to the frequency I have used this stellar soap in the past...).

I won't shave today. I won't buy anything either.
Congrats to everyone who completed the month of May! Well done! 😀👍

See you in the June GRUME thread!

Cheers
Guido

Last shave of the Month - Made it.

Yaqi Slant
Schick Platinium (3)
Yaqi Moka Express 2-Band
Godrej Shaving Round
Floid The Genuine

IMG-DSC_5303 (2).JPG

Congrats to everyone who completed the month of May! Well done! 😀👍

See you in the June GRUME thread!
+1
Cheers :)

Grume May - over and out!
No shave today... besides one itch for discounted Yaqi synthetics, no heavy burden in this round. Not even with fabulous pictures provided by many of you guys (though I've been tempted in March) guess that focusing on current items helps. As someone here said "do not look and you won't find" :)

Thanks @FoolishMortal for hosting and all others for supporting during this month.
Cheers 🍻

Congrats to all GRUME graduates! I even consider the 29-30/31ers to have had a good month.
Thanks again Brandon, @FoolishMortal for being a GREAT host of this thread and its tradition.
Thanks Stan, @KQY61 for the longer term commitment in GRUYERE.

1685548985826.jpeg

I have mostly thought of myself as a mild razor kinda guy. Today I used plate R5 on the Rockwell 6S and the shave was as smooth as silk. Considering that I used to use plate 2 and then 3 and 4 and now 5, I am wondering about the use of more aggressive geometry razors???
Onward to June GRUME and the continuation of GRUYERE.
Please take care of yourself and each other.

I made it back and just in time!!

fyi - that purple band on my wrist shows I had contraband with me when I entered the emergency room (long story for this thread - maybe I'll spin it in the June thread). Any way I'm back to being fit and healthy and had the loveliest of shaves this morning effortlessly whisking away 3 days of beard with the British Gillette FB NEW like it was nothing.

Can't wait to see what June brings!!

IMG_2097.jpg

:sailor:

Still in 1 days of growth

May GRUME : 17
2023 GRUYERE : 84

Razor : Merkur 34 HD C
Blade : Zaza (2)
Pre Shave : none
Soap (SOTM) : Gillette Lime Shaving Cream
Brush : Semogue 1305
Aftershave: Dickinson's Witch Hazel , Jeris Osage Rub , Proraso Blue AS balm.

Well this is it another successful month in GRUME. Decided to do a bowl lathering for a change and clearly had more soap in it than needed. This is alright.

Decided to do a twist on the AS procedure, once again I could see 2 nicks during the first pass and those were already sealed back up by the time I was done shaving so skipped the alum block.

See you all in the June thread

SOTD MAY 31st
May 2023 GRUME
Modern May 2023
Mistura May Madness 2023

Hello friends
Rainy day, 17°C: perfect for Tabac! I took my Green Cult 2.0 plate II and started Wizamet. It matched…Semogue SOC Mistura, wonderful as always.

To feel like I'm in Paradise, Chet Baker sings.

Rating: 9

Have a nice day and great shaves.
❤️🪒

2C2FCA2E-E161-4A41-8A83-C205D1BBBF2E.jpeg
IMG_8916.jpeg

May 31

Evo - still in

So shaved before dinner out

Muhle r41
Gillette platinum blade (new)
Jade omega 🐗 brush
Stirling Island 🏝️ man soap
Osma BLOCK
Stirling Island 🏝️ man A/S
Stirling Island 🏝️ man EDt

9.5/10 BBS

2 days growth (managed to slog it out with shave and misty mirror!)

Managed to shave so carefully … quite a few extra touch ups

But happy I didn’t cut self or reopen anything !!!

The R41 is definitely a tool that needs attention

Anyways - Cheers fellas …. Well done on your month long abstinence !

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Final shave of May. Still in.

Several days of beardage.

Planet Kind Shaving Cream (meh)
Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo
Merkur 37c wtg/xtg
British Aluminum Tech atg
Feather Blades in Both Razors
Lucky Tiger Tonic

=BBS

Good job to the G.R.U.M.E.ers that made it. Good effort to those that fell out (June is up...).

Happy shaves all!!!

I made it back and just in time!!

fyi - that purple band on my wrist shows I had contraband with me when I entered the emergency room (long story for this thread - maybe I'll spin it in the June thread). Any way I'm back to being fit and healthy and had the loveliest of shaves this morning effortlessly whisking away 3 days of beard with the British Gillette FB NEW like it was nothing.

Can't wait to see what June brings!!

View attachment 1663454

:sailor:
What's yer soap?? Looks like fine lather!

Finished the month with a nice Manantiales lather with a 22mm TGN Finest in the Made-rite lucite handle. Astra SP/34C. G5 scuttle. On to June!!

Top Bottom