What's new

May 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still In
SOTD #8
BBS

Not sure what has been happening, but today marks 3 BBS in succession. Of the three, I only aimed at the first, so perhaps the latter 2 are piggy backing off the original BBS.

I didn't think that I would like this blade and razor combo as much as I do. I find it very effective at the 1st two passes and very smooth. Almost what I experience with a Nacet in my Windsor or GC .84

• No Pre-Shave
  • B&M PV (SOTM)
  • Simpson's Duke3 in Best
  • Mühle R89
  • Timor (3)
  • Thayers Astringent
  • B&M Leviathan
  • No Post-Shave balm

Still in.

Yesterday I must have been a little heavy handed, felt some irritation almost all day.

Today I was mindful of this and used as little pressure as I could consciously apply. I also swapped out the Proraso Red cream for Turtleship Coconut croap for the week. The result was a very comfortable bbs.

Head shave ~

Warm shower with Proraso mint & rosemary beard scrub and Proraso wood & spice beard wash on beard and scalp.
Turtleship Coconut (cold lather and cold rinse on the razor).
Semogue SOC boar.
Pre war Tech (with a handle from a NEW lc, just for fun).
Wizamet (3)
Cold rinse.
VIBR for AS & body splash.

09E54536-75E5-43C1-86AC-8058C37A6854.jpeg

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
What do you think of the Lucky Tiger Aspen? Have heard very little about it. Anything you would compare it to? Love the Tonic.

It's fine but not amazing. With the Tonic I feel soothed, I really don't ever finish a shave without it. Aspen gives a tiny sting with a classic barbershop scent that doesn't last long. I will use it up, but I won't buy it again.

10.05.22 - 10/31 (32% completed) and still very much in although my regular shop has so much shave candy and the posts of others in this thread are inspiring in that sense too.

Prep:
KCG Fash Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Razor:
Fatip Special Edition Gentile
Brush:
Omega Proraso Boar
Cream:
Proraso Green
Bowl:
Proraso
Blade:
Dorco ST300 HQ (4)
Passes:
WTG - Gillette Slide (NE-SW and E-W horizontal on the neck)
XTG - Gillette Slide (NW-SE and S-N on the neck)
ATG - Slightly slanted (N-S and SW-NE)
ATG - Slightly slanted (W-E horizontal on the neck)
Aftershave:
Proraso Green
Balm:
Proraso Green
Rating:
9.5/10 BBS
Comments:In all honesty a shave was not entirely necessary, but I am a shave crazy so I cannot help myself!

The Dorco blade keeps performing and therefore amazing new. Very smooth and comfortable shave. One or two weepers, but really a none issue. And almost BBS smooth in two passes. I went for three with a touch up just to lengthen the experience!

Have a very good day everyone!

20220509_162804-01.jpeg
Still in.

Used the Rex Konsul today, two passes on setting 3. Given the fact that this (fresh!) Treet blade appears as dull as a butter knife the shave turned out surprisingly okay... but make no mistake, I solely blame the razor for this useful result 😉. And, of course, tallow based Tabac is given an honourable mention.

Happy shaves!

Still In
SOTD #9
BBS

4th consecutive BBS today, with a bit of minor collateral damage.

Used the Rockwell 6S / plate 4 today with an existing MedPrep Blade.
I'm going to guess that the mild irritation is attributed to the noon walk with the dog, prior to shaving.

Definitely a beautiful result e.g. wonderful load, lather density, and smooth cutting.
Honestly don't know if this brush can get any better :001_wub:
  • No Pre-Shave
  • B&M PV (SOTM)
  • Semogue SOC Mistura - Butterscotch
  • Rockwell 6S/4
  • Personna MedPrep (3)
  • Kiehl's Blue Astringent
  • Captain's Choice Splash
  • No Post-Shave balm
IMG_7114.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom