What's new

March Meerschaum Madness

Anyone?

MMM Day 3, but you knew that. Father Dempsey in the Falcon/Meer; my KG Sutliff VaPer 2.0 in the PSF 2015 POY. Near noon smokes.
proxy.php

Currently have two. Well made and carved. I did have some weird smell issues with one but it sorted itself out. I don't blame the carver for that. Gotta break in the second one before I speak of the smoking characteristics. The first smokes nicely. They are on par with the other imp, cao, and sms meers I have.

20220303_181941.jpg
20221114_151052.jpg

MMM Day 5: WC 558 in the Falcon/Meer; KG Sutliff VaPer 2.0 in the Altinok PSF POY; Father Dempsey in the Dog Meer (our grown son borrowed this pipe that I’d carved some 40 odd years ago. His dog carried it around for awhile, thus the bite marks and the name. A replacement stem and it was good to go.)
proxy.php

Taken by the Madness, thinking of adding another meer this year. Since Fikri Baki appears to be all but retired, I'm looking at Tekin, Altinok, and Altinay. I saw an unsmoked Tekin that I liked, but it had a threaded tenon - thinking it might have been an older pipe, as most of the ones I've come across do seem to have push-type tenons. What are your thoughts on yours? How does it compare to the other meers in your stable?

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Taken by the Madness, thinking of adding another meer this year. Since Fikri Baki appears to be all but retired, I'm looking at Tekin, Altinok, and Altinay. I saw an unsmoked Tekin that I liked, but it had a threaded tenon - thinking it might have been an older pipe, as most of the ones I've come across do seem to have push-type tenons. What are your thoughts on yours? How does it compare to the other meers in your stable?

i really like mine. Its a newer model, as far as I can tell, so it has the push pull tenon. Especially for the price. I have found if you look up his pipes on ebay, they usually have a "best offer" function, and you can definitely get a better deal. I would however try to get dimensions. I dont usually care much about the pipes other than bowl dimensions, but man when i got this one, it is HUGE. So just take that into consideration.

I really like Altinay tooo, but have found his pricing is really up there compared to others. happy to answer any other questions :)

When it comes down to it, i woulnt hesitate to purchase another Tekin.

Top Bottom