What's new

March Meerschaum Madness

First off, Happy Leap Year!

Now let's get down to brass tacks here. The white goddess awaits...

March is the month where your meerschaums go in white as lambs and come out as yellow and brown as lions' manes!

I have many a meerschaum but I will admit, I choose my briars more often than not. This month I will pay homage to her high(ivory)ness ;)

Three pipes I intend to smoke the fire out of are...

IMP Dublin. The only meer I've never touched while smoking. It's come a long way but I want to get even more color out of it.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456799510.062146.jpg

Kiko Opera shaped African meer. Love this pipe and it smokes Balkans especially well.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456799562.549491.jpg

My favorite meer and one of my favorite all around pipes. Ser Jacopo silver Delecta mounted bent billiard. He was in real rough shape when I got him but after an intensive cleanup smokes exceptionally well.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456799603.151503.jpg

Let's see them thousands of years old compressed white beautifies!

Ohhh I want to play! Great pipes Senshi.
I love meerschaum, but only have two.

This Pete is by far my most used pipe. She's an African beauty. $uploadfromtaptalk1456800581579.jpg

My other is a nice little gal from Turkey. Coloring nicely
$uploadfromtaptalk1456800671213.jpg

$uploadfromtaptalk1456800691974.jpg

C&D Yorktown in the IMP Dublin to start things off. Hopefully by the end of March this pipe will camouflage with the table cloth.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456846590.174789.jpg

The game is afoot!

I'm waiting for the meer heavy hitters to partake in this. Some of the gents here have absolutely stunning pipes!

When seeing those beautiful meers I really wish I had one myself. But....as I also really wish to stay happily married I see no such thing in the near future budget :)

Keep the pics coming, at least I can watch and dream!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I love my meerschaum pipes, and I don't show them that love nearly as much as I should. We're going to see about fixing that, this month. All of them smoke wonderfully, and I enjoy looking at them almost as much as I enjoy lighting them up.

$Meer Baki.jpg$Meer Others.jpg

The top one is my Baki basketweave, and it's about my pride and joy. It's large bowl is excellent for a long, smooth smoke.

The full bend apple on the top of the top of the bottom photo is an SMS and one of my favorite pipes. I think I bought it when I was 19 (maybe even 18), so I've enjoyed it for some time. It's all but weightless when smoking, and it just keeps on going. Smoking that pipe is like talking to an old friend.

The straight billiard is another I've had for a long time. I really don't smoke it much, though. I guess I just reach for something else, but I need to fix that. It's a no-name, but it smokes just as good as any other pipe I've ever known.

The tomato is a Paykoc, and I actually haven't had it a terribly long time. It's the only meer that I have that someone else has smoked. Of course, I don't let that bias me at all. In fact, I'm smoking it as I type (with some Arango Balkan Supreme). It's smaller bowl makes it an excellent mini-pipe for when I don't have a lot of time (which is the case at the moment) but still want a smooth, cool smoke.

I swear. Sometimes, especially when I'm smoking one of my meers, I wonder why I even bother with anything else. Well, that's until I light up one of my other pipes. :w00t:

But, yes! Let's get some color on those meers during March!

These are all beautiful gents! I don't own any meerschaums...yet. Thanks for the encouragement to get some though :D

Cheers!

My camera (and photo skills) are pretty lacking, but I'll try to get some pics of my two meers (a mini meer grim reaper, and an IMP meer). I'll definitely reach for them more this month, as well as maybe search for another meer to add to the collection.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456874562.810452.jpg

And now for some PS LTF in the IMP Dublin. Don't have too many Argos but hopefully the casing/topping in this will only add to the darkness of the pipe :)

Nothing current and I should definitely fix that considering I have a new camera body.

In the mean time here's the last shot I took of my Fikri Baki.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the only two I currently have. I love the looks of a lot of the rusticated style I have seen, that usually seem to be African Meers.

$IMG_20160301_195005.jpg

Speaking of which...

I'm no Meerschaum heavy hitter, but I do have a handful that I enjoy!
I eventually would love to pick up a Baki! I had an entry level Yanik that I sold with the goal of picking up one of his non entry level pipes.
I've been heavily distracted by Morta, olive wood and briar............

Top Bottom