What's new

Macho AS...Made in China?

Bought another bottle of Dollar Tree's "Macho" Brut clone today.
While the label says "Blue Cross Labs" with a California address the bottom of the bottle is stamped Made in PRC :001_huh:

Is the AS itself made in the Peoples Republic of China or perhaps just the bottle? ..or perhaps it stands for Peoples Republic of California :biggrin1:
Wp

Bought another bottle of Dollar Tree's "Macho" Brut clone today.
While the label says "Blue Cross Labs" with a California address the bottom of the bottle is stamped Made in PRC :001_huh:

Is the AS itself made in the Peoples Republic of China or perhaps just the bottle? ..or perhaps it stands for Peoples Republic of California :biggrin1:
Wp

So you like the Macho from Dollar Tree? I sniffed it briefly, but thought it smelled a little off. Surely the Brut clone from Family Dollar is the much better product?

I have a real bottle of Brut I have to eventually work into my rotation (which is currently Skin Bracer Cooling Blue, Barbasol Brisk, and English Leather).

I have about 6-10 additional aftershaves on the back burner awaiting their turn.

So you like the Macho from Dollar Tree? I sniffed it briefly, but thought it smelled a little off. Surely the Brut clone from Family Dollar is the much better product?

The Vijon Brut Clone from Family Dollar is closer to Brut's scent BUT the Dollar Tree kind is a bit spicier and still a really nice scent that works well.
It actually is very soothing to the skin and dries to a very "Brute Like" scent after a few minutes. I dig it :thumbup1:
Wp

On the bottles up here is states that the product is made in India.

Man! Macho is Worldwide!! :thumbup1:

I bought a bottle in Ft. Payne, Alabama which said "Made in USA" on the back and bought a bottle thirty miles away which had "Made in PRC" stamped on the bottom of the bottle and up in Canada it's marked "Made in India"??

This stuff gets around!
A great AS whatever the case and a wonderful price.
Wp

I just grabbed a bottle of Macho Sport Scent from "Dollar Tree" and I've got to say, while it smells nothing like Brut at all (to me), it is fantastic stuff.

For the sake of full disclosure, I must confess that I do have a penchant for "cheap" aftershaves. But for $1, everyone should try this stuff. :001_cool:

Edited to add: After wearing it last night and again today I actually do smell the similarity to Brut, but it seems to me to be much lighter. Delightfully so. Again, good stuff.

Also, my bottle says Made in PRC on the bottom, but Blue Cross Labs in California on the label. Nobody else has mentioned it but mine is labeled in both Spanish and English.

Last edited:
I just grabbed a bottle of Macho Sport Scent from "Dollar Tree" and I've got to say, while it smells nothing like Brut at all (to me), it is fantastic stuff.

For the sake of full disclosure, I must confess that I do have a penchant for "cheap" aftershaves. But for $1, everyone should try this stuff. :001_cool:

Macho is GREAT aftershave :thumbup1: I pour mine in an old Brut 33 bottle which makes it easier to splash and classier looking.
I need a few gallons of it.
Wp

My first two bottles say "Made in USA" on the back label. My latest bottle very carefully just says "USA" on the back label, then "Made in PRC" is imprinted on the bottle itself.

I think Blue Cross Labs may have gone the way so many other companies have gone before, and farmed their manufacturing out to the sweatshops.

In the past, I have bought shaving gel in a tube from Dollar Tree that was clearly marked that it was made in China. It was decent stuff.

My first two bottles say "Made in USA" on the back label. My latest bottle very carefully just says "USA" on the back label, then "Made in PRC" is imprinted on the bottle itself.

I think Blue Cross Labs may have gone the way so many other companies have gone before, and farmed their manufacturing out to the sweatshops.

My bottles are the same as yours, a Made in USA and a "USA" with PRC on the bottom.
Wp

This stuff is good. I hate Brut and really like this stuff. The downside to Macho AS is that it doesn't have a plastic stopper so I always use about 3-4x what I need to. I figure they don't put the stopper in so you'll use a lot and have to go pay another dollar.
proxy.php

I just checked eBay and people are selling this for $3-$9.50 a bottle lol!! Only 1/9 auctions have sold though. If this stuff ever goes OOP I could see it going for $9 maybe.

This stuff is at my local dollar tree. I looked at it once but didn't like the scent out of the bottle. I do remember it saying that it was made in China though. I may pick up a bottle the next time I am in there, maybe the scent will change once I apply it. If not, I can just wash it off and use something from the higher class ViJon line.

Top Bottom