What's new

After 10 years I made the jump in a big big way

Welcome to B&B! Talking about hitting the ground running!! Wow! And already ordering another Wolfman! You are in way deep into the rabbit hole my friend.

O, and shaving in a public toilet just bought you a one way ticket to the BOSC Asylum (Brotherhood of Shave Crazies).

Enjoy!!

Guido

Ps: how did you find out about the blade gap? Because the razor itself doesn’t disclose that as far as I know.

Welcome to B&B! Talking about hitting the ground running!! Wow! And already ordering another Wolfman! You are in way deep into the rabbit hole my friend.

O, and shaving in a public toilet just bought you a one way ticket to the BOSC Asylum (Brotherhood of Shave Crazies).

Enjoy!!

Guido

Ps: how did you find out about the blade gap? Because the razor itself doesn’t disclose that as far as I know.
The gentleman I procured it from had a .95. I got mixed up on the blade gap I purchased with one I saw elsewhere online.

Well I got tied up with afterwork meeting and completely left the razor at the office last night. Stubble this morning feels about like it normally is at noon after a cartridge shave so I am impressed.

Was gonna shave in the bathroom again this morning when the mailman brought me this..

20230412_100457.jpg

..decisions decisions...

Ended up making it a double wolf wednesday. Right side of the face was the .95 WR2 and left side got the BBS-1. Used same old Blu Atlas shaving cream to keep it comparable to yesterday. Fresh razor in the BBS-1 and WR2 got 2nd use on the razor from yesterday.

Both shaved exceptionally well. WR2 started off better because I had more experience obviously. But by the time I got to my neck they were very close. No blood today! Shave isn't quite as good as yesterday. Don't misunderstand me, its a damn close shave, but I guess due to having shaved yesterday the whiskers are still a little visible but nothing bad. There is a difference between the two razors. I definitely think the WR2 is more intuitive on the angles and such. Early on I wasn't certain if I was shaving any whiskers or not with the BBS, but I apparently was. On my face I was able to forgo a xtg shave with the WR2 today, but needed one on the left side of my face with the BBS, again I think the BBS is just as capable, but possibly not as intuitive to a new shaver. Still preferring WTG and ATG to XTG shaving. I just don't care for it. Maybe its that I feel like I'm cutting less with the XTG who knows....

Loving the blu atlas products....may have to try their moisturizer......I have never used a moisturizer in my life.....anyway. All good on day #2.

Oh yeah my Reserve Spice aftershave came in today....love it!
20230412_105726.jpg

Buy a Henson in medium. That is all you need.

Blu Atlas makes excellent products across the board. Holy Black is in Manhattan where I live. The gunpowder scent is really nice but the hair clay is terrible probably the worst I have used.

Shaved at home like a civilized man this morning. Used brush and bowl for first time, like the reserve spice soap good scent...easy lather though I probably need more work on that. Was a little harried as it was taking longer at the sink which irritated the wife.

My right side face shaves way easier then my left. I don't quite get smooth on left until I go ATG.

All in all it's good.

Wasn't particularly happy with yesterday's shave. It was close...but I definitely had some razor rash or irritation. Especially on my right cheek.

So after doing some more reading last night I decided to do 2 passes instead of 3 this morning. 1 with the grain and 1 against. Much better results.

Tried some some cliffs of Mohr soap and aftershave for 1st time. Worked well. Liked the sent. Think I got the lather a little watery/thin today but it still worked. Very different soap from spice reseve. Still loving the blu atlas aftershave before the splash.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Wasn't particularly happy with yesterday's shave. It was close...but I definitely had some razor rash or irritation. Especially on my right cheek.

So after doing some more reading last night I decided to do 2 passes instead of 3 this morning. 1 with the grain and 1 against. Much better results.

Tried some some cliffs of Mohr soap and aftershave for 1st time. Worked well. Liked the sent. Think I got the lather a little watery/thin today but it still worked. Very different soap from spice reseve. Still loving the blu atlas aftershave before the splash.
I don’t want to assume anything: are the shaves you are describing with the WR2 0.95 or are you still using two razors?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Sorry yes the WR2. I only did a split shave that one day. Figured WR2 is a bit more forgiving as I am figuring this out. I will definitely use the bbs-1 again in the future.
Thx. We’re away from home at the moment and I already miss my WR2 in bronze.

2 pass shaving is going great. Used spice reserve yesterday morning and tried cliffs of Mohr this morning. Much better lather today.

Also ordered some barber de los muertos .....and considering trying noble badger. This stuff is addictive.

quick addition today. I have previously used an gillete eversharp and an astra platinum...didn't see a tremendous amount of difference between them.

Today I used a feather razor. Holy smokes that thing was sharp. I didn't feel anything I didn't hear anything, and for a 2 pass shave I have nothing at all to complain about. I did use grooming department pre shave this morning with Holy Black Gunpowder spice so the GDPS may have impacted it some, but I usually can hear my whiskers even if I don't feel the razor on them....I got zilch this morning.

Top Bottom