What's new

Just got an unusual Shulton Old Spice Mug

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I just picked this up on the UK Bay - been after one for a while. It is Wade and was produced in the UK between 1969 and 1984 according to the collectibles web site. I do not have any genuine Old Spice soap so can anyone recommend an alternative? I was thinking of trying to make my own using some neutral smelling soap, melting it in some way and adding some Old Spice aftershave to it. Has anyone tried this?

os1.jpg
os2.jpg
os3.jpg
os4.jpg

Wonderful find, Sir! You might try a shaving soap puck with a neutral scent, and then season it with the Old Spice after shave.

Very nice, I have never seen a OS mug like that before. You could buy one of the OS clone soaps made by Soap Commander, B&M, Stirling and others I can't think of right now.

This makes number 3!

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
This makes number 3!

Wow you had a bargain at £25 with some soap and also the label on the bottom of the mug. I paid £40 including postage, which is a lot for a mug, but a bargain to me. I had no soap and the label is missing showing the blue Wade PDM mark beneath. I have decided on a pick of Stirling Spice soap; can't wait to try it.

Great find, you must be really pleased.
It's commendable that you went with a current production soap - you 're getting what is by all accounts an excellent product and you're supporting a small business.

I have several Old Spice ceramic shaving mugs and I love 'em.

One caution: I was microwaving some soap in one of the older mugs to make a "melt fit," and it shattered in the microwave. Not all Old Spice mugs (maybe none of them?) are microwavable. :concern:

Top Bottom