What's new

Aqua Velva "Spice"

I have been trying to locate this one aftershave, or any info on it, but I am having no luck at all finding it anywhere. During the 1970's my husband wore this aftershave called "SPICE" and it was made by Aqua Velva. It was in a square bottle not like the other AV curved ones, and it had the name Aqua Velva label on it too. It is also NOT the aftershave called 'Old Spice', Nor is it the one called Musk, also made by Aqua Velva. It was always hard to find, but it had one of the most unique scents, it was very woodsy, spice and earthy, and I sure wish I could locate it! I think it is not produced anymore, but still wanted to see if anyone might have a bottle of it they kept. All of the Aqua Velva Ads, either present day, or from years ago do not show this one called Spice. I have checked on ebay and other sites, and just cannot come across it. I would appreciate any info, or leads on this, or if anyone knows how to research it. Thanks a lot.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Welcome to B&B. I am no expert but I have read that Aqua Velva Spice was available only for a few years in the 1970s. I have never seen a bottle in person and this is the only image I could find although the bottle is not square. This example is probably Canadian and I suspect it will be very difficult to locate a bottle. Good luck.

19589DCE-A0DA-4EB3-8E8A-F6D68D15C938.jpeg

Wow, where did you find this??! Well it does say Spice, so I really hope it is the one. Yeah, I dont know why either, why the bottle was different than the regular AV curved ones. Ok, I will chk into this. Is there a site you found this on, or where would I even start. LoL Sorry, I just had a surge of hope...! Thank you.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I found it right here on B&B:

Hopefully another B&B member will be more help but I suspect your chances of finding one for sale are very slim. I am in the UK and it was almost certainly not sold here.

I have been trying to locate this one aftershave, or maybe it was a Cologne by Aqua Velva, But I haven't been having any luck at all finding it anywhere. During the 1970's my husband wore this aftershave called "SPICE" and it was made by Aqua Velva. But it might have been a Cologne, and It was in a square bottle not like the other AV curved ones, and it had the name Aqua Velva label on it too. It is also NOT the aftershave called 'Old Spice', Nor is it the one called Musk, also made by Aqua Velva. It was always hard to find, but it had one of the most unique scents, it was very woodsy, spice and earthy, and I sure wish I could locate it! I think it is not produced anymore, but still wanted to see if anyone might have a bottle of it they kept. All of the Aqua Velva Ads, either present day, or from years ago do not show this one called Spice. I have checked on ebay and other sites, and just cannot come across it. I would appreciate any info, or leads on this, or if anyone knows how to research it. Thanks a lot.

I found it right here on B&B:

Hopefully another B&B member will be more help but I suspect your chances of finding one for sale are very slim. I am in the UK and it was almost certainly not sold here.
Hello again, I had posted yesterday, but I didnt realize I couldnt add information to do with selling or buying on this thread. But anyway, I had asked if you still had any of the Aqua Velva SPICE aftershave, or cologne. And NOT the one called Musk. I would really appreciate more information on this from you. I have been searching everywhere. My husband used to use the Spice one, and just remembering how unique the scent was. But it came in a squarish bottle about 4x4". But I saw in one of the posts on my threads this lady came across a bottle of this Spice and it was in the Aqua Velva bottle that has the curved design. See the attached pic of it. Really hoping to find more info on this. Thank you.

Attachments

• 19589DCE-A0DA-4EB3-8E8A-F6D68D15C938.jpeg
    19589DCE-A0DA-4EB3-8E8A-F6D68D15C938.jpeg
    801.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Top Bottom