What's new

Just got an unusual Shulton Old Spice Mug

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Neither had i..
To be exact it was £33.75 plus £3.50 postage and there were six other bidders. Expensive for a mug I agree but I missed one a few years ago and was determined this time. Believe it or not my maximum bid was more than double that. Take a look on the Old Spice Collectables web site and there are loads more which I have never seen. Here are some more images.
os5.jpg
os6.jpg
os7.jpg
os8.jpg

To be exact it was £33.75 plus £3.50 postage and there were six other bidders. Expensive for a mug I agree but I missed one a few years ago and was determined this time. Believe it or not my maximum bid was more than double that. Take a look on the Old Spice Collectables web site and there are loads more which I have never seen. Here are some more images.View attachment 1035490View attachment 1035492View attachment 1035494View attachment 1035495
Sorry i was just stating the price i saw you post in a reply earlier in the thread..the mug is very nice. I only have one OS mug and its just a standard style one with a 3d printed lid that my parents bought for me.

You may find Old Spice mug refill soap on ebay, if you're patient. The scent will be faded, especially in the very old ones, but the soap still usually performs well if it's been stored properly.

EclipseRedRing

Sorry i was just stating the price i saw you post in a reply earlier in the thread..the mug is very nice. I only have one OS mug and its just a standard style one with a 3d printed lid that my parents bought for me.
I like the Old Spice collectables a lot but some are hard to find here in the UK. I have an old mug like this, plus three 1977 Queen Elizabeth Silver Jubilee bottles, 2 are full, unopened in the packaging, and 1 has no packaging and I am using the contents. The blue bottle looks great with the sun shining through it. Great stuff!
OS.jpg
osm.jpg

I like the Old Spice collectables a lot but some are hard to find here in the UK. I have an old mug like this, plus three 1977 Queen Elizabeth Silver Jubilee bottles, 2 are full, unopened in the packaging, and 1 has no packaging and I am using the contents. The blue bottle looks great with the sun shining through it. Great stuff!View attachment 1035519View attachment 1035520
I like the jubilee bottles a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! very nice...

EclipseRedRing

There is a beautiful example on EBay UK right now! In the box and with the soap and label for £80 +postage. WOW! I wish I had seen that - somebody buy it!
OS1.jpg
OS2.jpg
OS6.jpg
OS7.jpg

To be exact it was £33.75 plus £3.50 postage and there were six other bidders. Expensive for a mug I agree but I missed one a few years ago and was determined this time. Believe it or not my maximum bid was more than double that. Take a look on the Old Spice Collectables web site and there are loads more which I have never seen. Here are some more images.View attachment 1035490View attachment 1035492View attachment 1035494View attachment 1035495
Capital acquisition, ol' chap! And a fair bargain at that.
Enjoy it in good health.
Whilst we openly applaud your good fortune...secretly we envy you.

That’s a very attractive mug. I get so used to seeing the same old mugs and bottles on eBay here in the States I never considered there would be such attractive alternatives in the UK. The price(s) are relative, if you are going to toss a good vintage soap in it and use it all the time the price is worth it ...then again, if you are going to sit and look at it every day then I guess the price is worth it too.

EclipseRedRing

I spotted a totally different Wade mug for sale on the bay for £0.99 which appeared to have the same lid and bought it on the off chance. The lid is identical, complete with the brush rest, so I suspect all Wade lidded mugs may have the same lid. I bought it to act as a spare in case I dropped mine but if you have a mug with no lid then maybe you could acquire one in the same way. Here are the lids:

lid.jpg

In answering your question about making a soap, there is a melt & pour base that can be used to make your own shaving soap. A source for it is Brambleberry.

(After posting, I noticed that the link went to melt & pour in general. You will need to do an on-site search for melt & pour shaving soap). When I copied the link it was on the shaving soap page.

Old Spice markets a body wash with the "original" Old Spice scent.

The soap is vege based and works exceptionally well.

I have made a nice "Old Spice" shaving soap by microwaving 4 oz of melt and pour and adding two tablespoons of Old Spice body wash. Melt the soap in the microwave. It will be liquid in 30 seconds or less. Mix the body wash in while it is liquid. It will set in about a half hour.

The soap and it's scent doesn't match my NOS Old Spice soap, but it still has the Old Spice scent, lathers wonderfully, and provides an outstanding shave.

I stumbled upon a soap that matches the shape of the original OLD Spice puck. It is sold by the Vermont Country Store. The scent is a very mild lime / musk combination. The only reason for mentioning it is that it has the original shape puck so it perfectly fits Old Spice mugs. The soap performance is nice enough, but I don't think it matches either the NOS Old Spice or the melt & pour I have in my rotation.

Top Bottom