What's new

Just got an unusual Shulton Old Spice Mug

I have several Old Spice ceramic shaving mugs and I love 'em.

One caution: I was microwaving some soap in one of the older mugs to make a "melt fit," and it shattered in the microwave. Not all Old Spice mugs (maybe none of them?) are microwavable. :concern:

I have done it many times with no ill effects. I use a 1200 watt microwave. If you are concerned you can always try using a lower setting, perhaps 70% or so.

I just picked this up on the UK Bay - been after one for a while. It is Wade and was produced in the UK between 1969 and 1984 according to the collectibles web site. I do not have any genuine Old Spice soap so can anyone recommend an alternative? I was thinking of trying to make my own using some neutral smelling soap, melting it in some way and adding some Old Spice aftershave to it. Has anyone tried this?

View attachment 1034888View attachment 1034889View attachment 1034890View attachment 1034892
You might give this a try. It's been reported to smell like the real thing. Only not sure of availability on your side of the pond. They say they ship internationally.

Might give it a try myself and compare to my vintage OS "Long Lasting" cologne.

Last edited:
Top Bottom