What's new

Buying Old Spice original AS from India?

Some years ago I bought this bottle of Old Spice from an Indian web site along with a couple of dozen tubes of shaving soap, I've still got loads of the soap left as I rotate what I use. I think delivery took a few weeks to the UK.

IMG_4715.jpeg

IMG_4716.jpeg

I use it very sparingly and I get so many compliments, it's untrue. I've been away with friends this weekend, I wore it for one evening and had three people ask me what I was using!

Is this version still available? I'd love to replace it with exactly the same thing but I have no idea whether it's still in production and if so, where I can get it from.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I read elsewhere on here that the Indian Old Spice is no longer using the older (as distinct from current North American) formula, so what you have there probably isn't available in new form anymore, just NOS that you could try to find wherever it might be available.

Old Spice changed to the sailing ship logo in 1992, I believe, and was still using a "licensed from Shulton" credit even in the US and Canada, even after they were bought by P&G. Not sure when/if the Indian bottles dropped "Shulton" from the label.

Some years ago I bought this bottle of Old Spice from an Indian web site along with a couple of dozen tubes of shaving soap, I've still got loads of the soap left as I rotate what I use. I think delivery took a few weeks to the UK.

View attachment 1680222

View attachment 1680223

I use it very sparingly and I get so many compliments, it's untrue. I've been away with friends this weekend, I wore it for one evening and had three people ask me what I was using!

Is this version still available? I'd love to replace it with exactly the same thing but I have no idea whether it's still in production and if so, where I can get it from.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

This version was discontiued several years ago, with P&G taking over Indian operations and transferring the contract out from Menezes who held the license to manufacture the original formula in India as per an older Shulton agreement.

Any new purchase would be the new P&G formulation which is not the same as this old powdery formula

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
This version was discontiued several years ago, with P&G taking over Indian operations and transferring the contract out from Menezes who held the license to manufacture the original formula in India as per an older Shulton agreement.

Any new purchase would be the new P&G formulation which is not the same as this old powdery formula

Old powdery formula? The new seems much more floral and powdery to me? While Shulton isn’t void of Talc either, it’s much more spicier to me. Is ‘spicier’ a word? :)

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Old powdery formula? The new seems much more floral and powdery to me? While Shulton isn’t void of Talc either, it’s much more spicier to me. Is ‘spicier’ a word? :)
I believe it is but you wouldn't say "more spicier". Just use "spicier" or "it is more spicy". But, back to the subject at hand, I believe the current US OS smells just like it did fifty years ago; it just as strong as it was back then which I think is a good thing. You could get one guy on a city buss wearing it and you could smell it all over the bus.

I "smell" what you mean. Yes you're correct. It's spicier (with Indians anything spice is always a word !) But the old formula had this old school talc smell to it and made it feel old school

We can say: much spicier!

Also, I am firmly convinced that the current American formula is a weak shadow of its former self, almost like water (speaking of the current formula in relation to the already-reformulated post-Shulton era).

OkieStubble

So the bottom line is that unless I can find some NOS, I'm knackered?

Pretty much…. :)

Modern Old Spice is still Old Spice and smells like and can be easily recognized as Old Spice.

If I was you? And have never tried vintage Old Spice? And have no knowledge of the wonderful and absolute greatness that is Shulton?

If I was you, I would stick with and enjoy the modern, thanking God that ignorance is bliss. Because once you experience true Shulton Old Spice, you will never be satisfied with the modern version ever again; and will be doomed to the relentless search of scouring the world in seeking out it’s glorious and divine nature that had to be inspired by the heavenly angels.

Trust me, do not do this to yourself…. :)

Pretty much…. :)

Modern Old Spice is still Old Spice and smells like and can be easily recognized as Old Spice.

If I was you? And have never tried vintage Old Spice? And have no knowledge of the wonderful and absolute greatness that is Shulton?

If I was you, I would stick with and enjoy the modern, thanking God that ignorance is bliss. Because once you experience true Shulton Old Spice, you will never be satisfied with the modern version ever again; and will be doomed to the relentless search of scouring the world in seeking out it’s glorious and divine nature that had to be inspired by the heavenly angels.

Trust me, do not do this to yourself…. :)
Bu that's the point, I've got vintage Old Spice. I've got proper Indian made Shulton Old Spice. It saddens me that once I drain this bottle and use my last eight tubes of shaving cream that I'm never going to experience it again 😢

tube.jpeg

label.jpeg

OkieStubble

Bu that's the point, I've got vintage Old Spice. I've got proper Indian made Shulton Old Spice. It saddens me that once I drain this bottle and use my last eight tubes of shaving cream that I'm never going to experience it again 😢

View attachment 1680676

View attachment 1680678

Sorry my friend. I cannot imagine the hollow feeling and tortured thoughts you will one day face. As I have acquired several lifetimes of the greatness that is Shulton over past years when it was more bountiful and much cheaper to obtain. :)

Other than many bottles of Shulton AS & Cologne splash I also have several bottles of vintage spray cologne/ EdT.

I read elsewhere on here that the Indian Old Spice is no longer using the older (as distinct from current North American) formula, so what you have there probably isn't available in new form anymore, just NOS that you could try to find wherever it might be available.

Old Spice changed to the sailing ship logo in 1992, I believe, and was still using a "licensed from Shulton" credit even in the US and Canada, even after they were bought by P&G. Not sure when/if the Indian bottles dropped "Shulton" from the label.

+1! This is also my understanding. I am currently using OS ‘original’ from Italy which I prefer to the classic.

Top Bottom