What's new

June & July are High Efficiency Razor Months.....

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
High Efficiency SOTD

Razor:
Ti 95 SB Ti-HipHandle
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: Shavemac 22/50
Soap: Dutch Resistance
ASL: Layrite No 9
ASB: Nivea balm

N-S, S-N, just the lower part of my neck. Very comfortable.

SWMBO has been letting me know that the lengthening stubble on my face is not desirable, but has shown no signs of allowing me to shave when I actually want to, even throwing a puck of Vitos at me yesterday morning. I ducked and left it where it sits.

Luckily Melbourne Air finally delivered my shipment of Dutch Resistance from Squadron and I will be able to put up a bit of a fight!

The Dutch Resistance soap is quite soft, and the bowl lather was on the runny side. This is the first time I have lathered this soap and I might have overly hydrated it because I haven't bowl lathered much for the past year.

I do like the scent, it is not overpowering at all and I can see me using it on a semi-regular basis once I get the water ratio figured out. The performance was right up there with all my other soaps, but I will probably leave the cover off for a week or so to let it dry out some and harden a bit.

Ducking for cover.
20210727_100046[1].jpg

This is the handle that started life as a titanium hip stem implant.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Came home and promptly tested positive for Covid (fully vaccinated, so a "breakthrough" case). Didn't bother shaving for a few days to minimize time around the family. Today I shaved off several days growth with the Stirling HA base plate and a second use Feather. Very efficient combo for that much beard stubble. Time to go isolate again...

Prayers sent for a speedy and complete recovery. 🙏

Hey it's a great design. And $15 will get you a prettier one.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Definitely agree on the design. I already have a prettier one, but “rough and ready” was up in the rotation. I have 7 MMOCs to go with my 2 BMMOCs, it’s my favorite razor.

And there was no reason to have that many but I wanted a “seven day set” and you can find great MMOCs for little money, so why not. You B&B folks have spoiled me…in the best way.

Definitely agree on the design. I already have a prettier one, but “rough and ready” was up in the rotation. I have 7 MMOCs to go with my 2 BMMOCs, it’s my favorite razor.

And there was no reason to have that many but I wanted a “seven day set” and you can find great MMOCs for little money, so why not. You B&B folks have spoiled me…in the best way.
Ha great minds think alike. 7 MMOCs here.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

July High Efficiency SOTD
Mk2+PH-K_2021-07-28.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/47 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Mk2 Fatip on prototype lightweight [13g] handle
Blade: Personna Red (4)
ASL: Chocolate Orange [home brew]

A super shave. :biggrin:

The Mk2 Fatip was fab and its prototype lightweight handle was pretty damn good. It's one of the original Mk2s with a 19mm wide cap (vs. the Mk1 18mm cap). The later ones seem to keep growing (up to ~19.6mm AFAIK).

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
High Efficiency June & July
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB (Timeless Ti TRH8 Handle)
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (4)
Brush: Frickwerkz Blue handle (PAA 26mm Roswell Grey Hybrid Synthetic knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Epsilon Mediterranean Blue
Fragrance: Belcam Blue Depths EdT Spray
20210728_095059~2.jpg

Superb razor! :cool:

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

Razor: Yates 921 M and EH plates
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Soap: Wholly Kaw 1776

[Image: xghLLHn.jpg]

Hooray hooray, I get to use my Yates today! Arrived home from work travel and very glad to be home with my family. And my Yates M & EH plates arrived while I was away. I used the short handle for the first time. Good balance, but I think I prefer the longer handle. 921 M plate for the face, EH plate for the head. Great smooth shave with a Polsilver.

Top Bottom