What's new

June & July are High Efficiency Razor Months.....

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
High Efficiency June & July
Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB :001_wub:
Blade: Schick Proline (7)
Brush: Craving Shaving Debris Handle (PAA 24mm Roswell Grey Hybrid Synthetic knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: TFS Rasozero - Barbacco
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Fragrance: Original Stetson Cologne Splash
shave 20210725_111835_2.jpg

Check out my Journal for complete shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I dont usually consider any Gillette TTO razor to be "Highly Efficient". However, this is the third time in the last year that I have used a SLIM on 9, and gone super steep with a sharp blade. To say that this setup is anything but highly efficient would be inaccurate. It is quite a smooth and efficient shave when used in this manner. When comparing this setup to a Wolfman or a Charcoal Goods, I am thinking this is a 1970 Dodge Charger with a blown hemi up against a McLaren. They both get the job done. But one is brute power versus the other's highly engineered precision.

Today's shave was a head-to-head shave-off between a brown box polish Polsilver and the modern variety. So two SLIMs were used. One for each side of my face. Both blades performed admirably. But the modern blade has an obvious closer result. There is a thread for that Polsilver challenge PIF if you are interested in the details. Stay smooth!

2021-07-26 07.51.38.jpg

July High Efficiency SOTD
SOTD-L-B_2021-07-26.jpg

Brush: Shavemac 20/47 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Bignoli Agrumi del Mediterraneo
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT Special
Blade: Personna Red (3)
ASL 1: Orange FREEZE [home brew]
ASL 2: Clubman Whiskey Woods

An excellent shave. :biggrin:
BUT, the Bignoli Agrumi smelled yuck (to quote/paraphrase Al @AimlessWanderer, "a mixture of citrus and 'baby sick'").

The Orange FREEZE ASL, although only having a single scent, didn't tone the nauseous Agrumi down any. I rushed out of the bathroom and grabbed my Clubman Whiskey Woods… SUCCESS, KILLED IT! :whistling:

I really enjoy the Bignoli Licorice and Mint shaving soap. The reason for my second purchase was to see if their other soaps were as good... and I picked the Agrumi as citrus is usually a safe bet with any soap for me, BIG MISTAKE. The shaving soap itself is excellent (just like the Licorice and Mint one) but the citrus scent is atrocious (to me).

I was also looking for another of their soaps with a less polarizing scent than the Licorice and Mint (which is great, but not an every day choice). Unfortunately for me the Agrumi was just as polarizing, but in a bad way (unlike the Licorice and Mint).

I suspect my next shave will be with one of my trusty (and relatively scent safe) TFS shaving soaps. :yesnod:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
shave 20210726_153817_2.jpg

Razor: Jones Shake Sharp v1
Blade: Bolzano (2)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Volcanic Ash Handle (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan)
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: Unnamed Prototype #3
Fragrance: Cuba Orange EdT Spray

Wonderful shave! :cool:

Check out my Journal for complete shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

20210725_093037-01-01-01.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Blackbird Open Comb Stainless Steel
Blade: vintage Polsilver Stainless (6)

I had to shave three days worth of growth today. After having completed two highly efficient passes I needed just a few touchups on my troublespots before my skin felt like 11 years old again.

During the first pass (wtg) I felt a tiny bit of roughness, so I thought the sharpness might have started to fade, but the atg pass was absolutely smooth again.

Happy shaves, y'all!

Catch up HE SOTD post:

Spent a few days at a clothing optional couples resort on the beach. It's the kind of place where i shave my face twice a day so I am always ready for action. I took along a Brass Karve G plate, my 2011 Muhle R41, and both plates for my Stirling Stainless. The Karve is better suited to evening shaves, I found, and the mornings tended to be either the Muhle or the Stirling HA plate. Feather all the way around.

Came home and promptly tested positive for Covid (fully vaccinated, so a "breakthrough" case). Didn't bother shaving for a few days to minimize time around the family. Today I shaved off several days growth with the Stirling HA base plate and a second use Feather. Very efficient combo for that much beard stubble. Time to go isolate again...

Happy shaves all.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Razor: Timeless Ti Slim SB (Timeless Ti TRH6 Handle)
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (3)
Brush: AP Shave Co Elegant Emerald (24mm Synbad Knot)
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio
Aftershave/Fragrance: Bootlegger's El Dorado
hardware 20210727_140556_2.jpg

Superb shave! :cool:

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:

Came home and promptly tested positive for Covid (fully vaccinated, so a "breakthrough" case). Didn't bother shaving for a few days to minimize time around the family. Today I shaved off several days growth with the Stirling HA base plate and a second use Feather. Very efficient combo for that much beard stubble. Time to go isolate again...

Happy shaves all.
Get well soon!

Top Bottom