What's new

High Efficiency Summer 2023

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
***Edited to begin this on June 1st***

Time to pull out the bruisers, DE and SE. :cool:

Please join me with your DE and SE razors for "High Efficiency Razors June 2023". :thumbup:

Your Blackbirds, Timeless Bronze .78 OC, High Gap Wolfman, Charcoal Goods Level 3, Ikon TEK, GEM MMOC, Fatip v1, etc. razors are calling your name. :)

Cry havoc, and let loose your high efficiency razors! :cool:

Please copy this list, add your name to the list and post to this thread:
1. never-stop-learning

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
One can be efficent at anytime. What is June suppose to be? Awesome June, use any razor you wish?
June is upon us. Hadn't thought of anything for June.

By High Efficiency July, we are looking for true high efficiency razors: Blackbirds, Timeless Bronze .78 OC, High Gap Wolfman, Charcoal Goods Level 3, Ikon TEK, GEM MMOC, Fatip v1, etc.

June is upon us. Hadn't thought of anything for June.

By High Efficiency July, we are looking for true high efficiency razors: Blackbirds, Timeless Bronze .78 OC, High Gap Wolfman, Charcoal Goods Level 3, Ikon TEK, GEM MMOC, Fatip v1, etc.
I would like to propose Awesome June, use as you please, would be a suggestion but this up to you. The reason is that I have alot of stuff, relatviely new I can use and particpate but that is just a suggestion. I like these themes and of course I can shave with whatever I like but I found posting, responding, reading and feedback has actually helped me in shaving regardless of theme.

I deleted the post because I didn't want to come across the wrong way basically. High Efficiency July does have a good ring to it, it really does but since June did not have a theme I was trying to be funny, like dry wit funny and yea it did not work so I wanted to offend anyone, in this case you of course but you quoted me faster than I could delete the post.

Just reading the initial post is giving me ingrowns and razor bumps on my neck 😳. Best of luck to those of you who can tolerate such aggressive razors 🍻

Edited to add: Just out of curiosity, where would a Timeless .95 sb fall on the aggressiveness scale? That's about the max that my neck can handle.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I would like to propose Awesome June, use as you please, would be a suggestion but this up to you. The reason is that I have alot of stuff, relatviely new I can use and particpate but that is just a suggestion. I like these themes and of course I can shave with whatever I like but I found posting, responding, reading and feedback has actually helped me in shaving regardless of theme.

I deleted the post because I didn't want to come across the wrong way basically. High Efficiency July does have a good ring to it, it really does but since June did not have a theme I was trying to be funny, like dry wit funny and yea it did not work so I wanted to offend anyone, in this case you of course but you quoted me faster than I could delete the post.
B&B Members are welcome to start theme months. I think, though, that I'll change this to High Efficiency June 2023 and see if we can get this rolling. This was quite well received last year.

Hang on, hang on, just saw the post pop up. Didn’t see it yesterday. I have had a couple of high efficiency additions to the den, so let’s do it. By the way - we sort of transmorphed into High Efficiency Summer last year, didn’t we?

1. never-stop-learning
2. thombrogan
3. Guido75

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
High Efficiency June 2023
20230530_152246~2.jpg

Razor: @Above The Tie Mixed Metal CH1 (Windsor Stainless Cap, CH1 Copper Base, TiBam Radiator Titanium Handle)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (2)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Marbled Butterscotch (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Chiseled Face Sherlock
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Musk

Superb DFS+ shave! :cool:

Please visit my Journal (link below) for shave notes and musings: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12262316

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Hang on, hang on, just saw the post pop up. Didn’t see it yesterday. I have had a couple of high efficiency additions to the den, so let’s do it. By the way - we sort of transmorphed into High Efficiency Summer last year, didn’t we?

1. never-stop-learning
2. thombrogan
3. Guido75
Yes we did. ;)

Let's start on June 1st and take it from there. :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Just reading the initial post is giving me ingrowns and razor bumps on my neck 😳. Best of luck to those of you who can tolerate such aggressive razors 🍻

Edited to add: Just out of curiosity, where would a Timeless .95 sb fall on the aggressiveness scale? That's about the max that my neck can handle.
The Timeless 95 fits right in with the spirit of this thread! :)

Please join us for however many high efficiency shaves that you feel comfortable with. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
We started in June last year too, so David moved it forward one month. We actually did June July and August last year because were having so much fun.

Yes, I remember now
Thnx

@Guido75 inspired me to go ahead and move us up to June. Something tells me that we will end up extending this like we did last year. ;)

1. never-stop-learning
2. thombrogan
3. Guido75
4.Dobric
5. Wgg2017

What the heck I'll give it a shot. For about the last two years I've almost exclusively used the Timeless .68 oc and get really good results with it. This will be a good experiment to see if I can use the .95 sb regularly too.

By the way, I define "high efficiency" as a razor that will mow down that pesky trouble spot just below my left jawline. Blackbird does it, usually. Lupo .95 O/C does it, on lucky occasions. H&S Ti Efficient does it fairly often. I want to see what the rest of you guys use for high efficiency.

Top Bottom