What's new

June 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still not in, officially 😉

Today the expected invoice showed up. It's the invoice of DHL regarding fees and import sales tax regarding this item being send from Canada, which the mailman handed over to me this morning. So that’s why I couldn't push anyone to speed up... 😉
20220602_115528-01.jpeg

Looking forward to giving this plate a ride on the weekend...

SOTD:
20220602_154743-01-01.jpeg

Happy shaves!

Heard a lot about the current formula and how good it is. Maybe at the restock day after completing, hopefully, the June GRUME
It is very good. I am quite fond of the current soap by Truefitt's (Non-Apsley), I mean I really like it; but this formulation is truly a step above. The previous Floris soap I had was simply awful. Could not keep the lather from bottoming out to save its life.

I'll be waiting for your update, as it would most likely be Sept at the earliest for me to be in a position to exhaust and replace my T&H 1805.

Still in, 1st shave of the month

GRUME : 1/15 (every other day shaver here (and some time even more or less))

Prep : Hot shower
Preshave : Proraso White
Brush : Maggard SY24 synthetic
Soap : Haslinger Sheep's milk shaving soap
Razor : Merkur HD 34 C
Blade : GSB (2)
Post : Alum block, Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel, Proraso White AS balm, Gold Bond powder

First shave of the month, decided to use the bowl to whip up the lather and oh boy did I got more lather than needed. No cut or nick so put the alum block back in the drawer and used the witch hazel.

Next shave will be seeing a different AS balm used

Day 2, 6.7% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, KCG #9
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Fresh Kick Balm, Hyaluronic Acid.

Took my time, for a good BBS. This KCG blade still seems to be OK on #9.

• 3/30 days in GRUME June (10% completed and still in)
  • 3/30 days High Efficiency Razors in June
  • 153/154 days of shaving (99.34%)
23EBB8D8-D30F-4A10-8A57-CAE4B0413180.jpeg

Prep:Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Razor:Fatip Piccolo Special Edition Originale
Blade:Dorco Titan (3)
Brush:Omega Proraso Boar
Cream:TGS Pino Alpestre
Bowl:Proraso
Passes:
WTG - Gillette Slide (NE-SW and E-W horizontal on the neck) and CB slide
W/XTG - Gillette Slide (NW-SE and S-N on the neck)
X/ATG - Slightly slanted (SW-NE)
ATG - Slightly slanted (S-N and W-E horizontal on the neck).
Aftershave:Proraso Green
Balm:Proraso Green
Rating:8.0/10 BBS

Notes to today’s shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11792885

Have a Great day everyone.

Last edited:
still in - DFS+ 2-3 weepers
The Green Cult with the light blue Gillette Platinum is quite the step up from the Krona. I used each brush for one pass to rank them in the scritch/scrub departement.

1. Simpson Special Pure, scritchy/scrubby in a good way with ample backbone
2. Omega Mixed Midget, this used to be a bad scritch brush now it softened but lost most of its backbone one the way
3. Omega/Proraso Bambino boar, soft tips & good backbone a fine specimen of boar even in the smallest package

sotd.jpg

Shave #3 for the month completed, still in.

SoTD
Ralf Aust 6/8 SR
Simpsons Captain 2 manchurian
SV Felci Aromatica Soap and AS

I completed the shave this morning, which was very smooth but not quite keen enough, so this afternoon on a slightly lazy WFH day, I redid the honing on coticule stone, and it appears better. Tomorrow's shave will tell the real story!

I'm in! I failed April's restraint and I'm going to try to redeem myself. I do have a Timeless Bronze .38 SB coming in the mail but that was ordered on the 29th of May. Let's see if I can survive this. 🤷‍♂️

1) FoolishMortal - SOTM
2) Heavy_Metal_Hound
3) Multum in parvo
4) Iver
5) LJBraaten
6) Balin
7) Doti B
8) Kyle89
9) Chef455
10) cryhavoc
11) Roedeer
12) hopper_64
13) chad3
14) Guido75
15) kjbarth - GRUYERE
16) Chriwilson - SOTM
17) silverlifter
18) sarir97
19) Heron
20) leverspro
21) Sandorfi - SOTM
22) Herrenberg
23) Contact_vs_Feedback
24) Dodger59
25) Jack Goossen
26) mattps1
27) La Malice
28) Cantujm
29)
Respect 💪🏼
I could give you my phone number.
We could support each other in times of trouble and urge.
Something like the AA 🤔🙃

SOTD #2
BBS

Relatively quick and easy process today. This current Floris Soap base is nothing short of spectacular. Honestly, heads and shoulders above the previous formulation. Luxurious and dense, does not require much of a load at all. I will be looking forward to adding T&H Apsley in this same base once I polish off my 1805.
  • No Pre-Shave
  • Floris No. 89 (SOTM)
  • SOC Mistura - Cherry
  • Mühle R89
  • Rapira Platinum Lux (2)
  • Kiehl's Blue Astringent
  • Dr Jon's Sakura Musk Splash
  • No Post-Shave balm
View attachment 1465958
Sure! That's exactly the kind of thing you wanna be posting on a GRUME thread! :lemo:Despite the help here, I'm three days into restraint with no sweat yet. :001_cool:
Imagepipe_57.jpg

Still in! I skipped yesterday and today's shave was fantastic!
@Leverspro you have great taste in soap!
View attachment 1466490
I have been down a brush rabbit hole for a couple of weeks and am really loving my new Thaters.

I found this thread and it was totally entertaining and informative on Thater Brushes. I don't want to necro bump it as it is about 11 years old.
Brush Chronicles #8: H.L. Thäter 4125/1 - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/brush-chronicles-8-h-l-thaeter-4125-1.209719/
Thater is one of the few brush brands that I have yet to try. They are really good looking brushes and those handles look like they would be easy to hold when using. Maybe next month I'll be able to try one out.

Top Bottom