What's new

June 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

I'm in

1) FoolishMortal - SOTM
2) Heavy_Metal_Hound
3) Multum in parvo
4) Iver
5) LJBraaten
6) Balin
7) Doti B
8) Kyle89
9) Chef455
10) cryhavoc
11) Roedeer
12) hopper_64
13) chad3
14) Guido75
15) kjbarth - GRUYERE
16) Chriwilson - SOTM
17) silverlifter
18) sarir97
19) Heron
20) leverspro
21) Sandorfi - SOTM
22) Herrenberg
23) Contact_vs_Feedback

Habits take practice and any restraint developed in terms of shaving supplies, trickling down to other aspects of my life can be credited to being part of GRUMEs and GRUYRE.

The soaps, brushes, and aftershaves being at a point where I don't even look at what's new, or it doesn't move me enough has helped me in being more resilient against emotional purchases.

With my razor rotation at 4 (very respectable as compared to last year's 8), my interest has shifted towards a new razor though, I'll be keeping it as my Year-end purchase restrain (relative) reward, that is if it ever becomes available.

Till then, no wandering and perusing going on over here.

Since you were out in May and we still have a couple of days, I think you would be ok Guido. Let’s gentlemanly go for 30/30, ok?! 😊😉

Great to see you here again.

Guido
Paging @FoolishMortal to decide on this. 😀
There's a bit of a loophole in the RAW (rules-as-written), but the spirit of the GRUME prohibits spending money on shaving goods and services that are not strictly necessary during the month. Is there no way to "pay ahead"?

If not, we would love to have you as an "associate member" for the month, or you can be in until you're out. :)

Applicable rule excerpts:
2. No personal shaving purchases in the month.
4. Any shaving-related services, like replating or restorations, cannot be arranged or paid for in the month of the restraint if they are not strictly necessary.
5. Signing up for a product waitlist (without placing a deposit) is acceptable.
6. If you have to ask, it probably will put you out. That said, this is a Gentlemanly Restraint - use your own best judgement and integrity to self-assess based on the rules above.

Thanks @FoolishMortal for your reply and highlighting the relevant rules.

Thanks, too @Guido75 for encouraging me to take part, but having reread the rules I have to confess my former gut feeling was appropriate. I'll stick with my former approach and won't join in officially, but I'll stop by regularly. If this is in line with being an "associate member" it is just about right.

Next stop: full membership in July, for sure 😀

Thanks @FoolishMortal for your reply and highlighting the relevant rules.

Thanks, too @Guido75 for encouraging me to take part, but having reread the rules I have to confess my former gut feeling was appropriate. I'll stick with my former approach and won't join in officially, but I'll stop by regularly. If this is in line with being an "associate member" it is just about right.

Next stop: full membership in July, for sure 😀
Hmm. It could be the Wirtschaftsprüfer in me Guido, but technically if you are waiting for an invoice you have already made the purchase in May. Getting the invoice and paying it is merely settling the balance of goods in transit. Or is this explaining the rules in my favour @FoolishMortal? 😊

Or final attempt @JAHE and what I was originally referring to: no invoice on Sunday, but tomorrow is Wednesday so there was still the possibility of receive the invoice in that timeframe, right? So are they able to email to you by today? Then you would be ok I would imagine.

Ah well, as long as you here, we will enjoy the company, have a drink, do a shave and laugh.

Guido

Last edited:
I’m in for another.

1) FoolishMortal - SOTM
2) Heavy_Metal_Hound
3) Multum in parvo
4) Iver
5) LJBraaten
6) Balin
7) Doti B
8) Kyle89
9) Chef455
10) cryhavoc
11) Roedeer
12) hopper_64
13) chad3
14) Guido75
15) kjbarth - GRUYERE
16) Chriwilson - SOTM
17) silverlifter
18) sarir97
19) Heron
20) leverspro
21) Sandorfi - SOTM
22) Herrenberg
23) Contact_vs_Feedback
24) Dodger59

Or final attempt @JAHE and what I was originally referring to: no invoice on Sunday, but tomorrow is Wednesday so there was still the possibility of receive the invoice in that timeframe, right?
Point taken. No, unfortunately I haven't received the invoice as yet.
Ah well, as long as you here, we will enjoy the company, have a drink, do a shave and laugh.
That's the spirit. :thumbsup:
Cheers, mate!

Associate member JAHE - out ✌️

I'm in 🙏🏾

1) FoolishMortal - SOTM
2) Heavy_Metal_Hound
3) Multum in parvo
4) Iver
5) LJBraaten
6) Balin
7) Doti B
8) Kyle89
9) Chef455
10) cryhavoc
11) Roedeer
12) hopper_64
13) chad3
14) Guido75
15) kjbarth - GRUYERE
16) Chriwilson - SOTM
17) silverlifter
18) sarir97
19) Heron
20) leverspro
21) Sandorfi - SOTM
22) Herrenberg
23) Contact_vs_Feedback
24) Dodger59
25) Jack Goossen

• 1/30 days in GRUME June (0.03% completed. Still in and we are off!)
  • 151/152 days of shaving (99.34%)

Prep:Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Razor:Fatip Piccolo Special Edition Gentile
Blade:Dorco Titan (1)
Brush:Omega black badger (broken)
Cream:Proraso Green
Bowl:Proraso
Passes:
WTG - Gillette Slide (NE-SW and E-W horizontal on the neck) and CB slide
W/XTG - Gillette Slide (NW-SE and S-N on the neck)
X/ATG - Slightly slanted (SW-NE)
ATG - Slightly slanted (S-N and W-E horizontal on the neck).
Aftershave:Proraso Green
Balm:Proraso Green
Rating:9.5/10 BBS

Extended notes to today’s shave can be found here:A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11790312

Have a Great day everyone.

In again. Need to hold off acquiring :001_unsur

1) FoolishMortal - SOTM
2) Heavy_Metal_Hound
3) Multum in parvo
4) Iver
5) LJBraaten
6) Balin
7) Doti B
8) Kyle89
9) Chef455
10) cryhavoc
11) Roedeer
12) hopper_64
13) chad3
14) Guido75
15) kjbarth - GRUYERE
16) Chriwilson - SOTM
17) silverlifter
18) sarir97
19) Heron
20) leverspro
21) Sandorfi - SOTM
22) Herrenberg
23) Contact_vs_Feedback
24) Dodger59
25) Jack Goossen
26) mattps1

1) FoolishMortal - SOTM
2) Heavy_Metal_Hound
3) Multum in parvo
4) Iver
5) LJBraaten
6) Balin
7) Doti B
8) Kyle89
9) Chef455
10) cryhavoc
11) Roedeer
12) hopper_64
13) chad3
14) Guido75
15) kjbarth - GRUYERE
16) Chriwilson - SOTM
17) silverlifter
18) sarir97
19) Heron
20) leverspro
21) Sandorfi - SOTM
22) Herrenberg
23) Contact_vs_Feedback
24) Dodger59
25) Jack Goossen
26) mattps1
27) La Malice
28)

First shave of the month

Razor: Gillette Rocket
Blade: Derby Extra (1)
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: Derby
Aftershave: Fine Platinum

IMG-4472_DSC_4472 (2).JPG

Used the soap like a shavestick today and got a really good lather.

SOTD #1
BBS

Extended holiday weekend at the beach equated to a 4-day growth. I packed fully capable toting the Semoque Torga C3 Mistura and a travel R89; they just never unpacked...

Finished May GRUME with a bang and completed 24 shaves along the way. With that, loaded the R41 with a fresh blade and had at it - wonderful result
  • No Pre-Shave
  • Floris No. 89 (SOTM)
  • Simpson's Duke 3 - Best
  • Mühle R41
  • Personna Red (1)
  • Kiehl's Blue Astringent
  • B&M Angelique
  • No Post-Shave balm
5DC45F89-B87C-413E-A7B1-DE819321CE14.jpeg

Today I sent off for a Koraat, I really only want one razor that truly suits me so fingers crossed for the next 16 weeks until delivery. A loupe and some RenWax were long overdue, some Conk Amber to replace the ring in the current bowl, and some Sheep for winter while it's still available. This is the latest stage of building up the basic set-up for me, but I think it makes me an associate (which means you're stuck with me :001_tt2: ). A bottle of VIBR was my one treat.

20220601_110942.jpg

Here's to encouragement lads👍

Top Bottom