What's new

June 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

I'm game! :)

1) FoolishMortal - SOTM
2) Heavy_Metal_Hound
3) Multum in parvo
4) Iver
5) LJBraaten
6) Balin
7) Doti B
8) Kyle89
9) Chef455
10) cryhavoc
11) Roedeer
12) hopper_64
13) chad3
14) Guido75
15) kjbarth - GRUYERE
16) Chriwilson - SOTM
17) silverlifter
18)

@LJBraaten Yes, eg., RAD (Razor Acquisition Disorder). See the wiki for more:

That sounds like careful planning!! You get a whole month to figure out what you really want for your Birthday!!

Glad you are in!!
Well I know for a fact that there will be shave goodies to be unpacked. Particularly a leather toilet bag and leather SR-travel purse. I will not share pictures just yet to prevent Enabling fine gents like yourself 😉.

And I have been eyeing a certain unbreakable travel scuttle. Who knows - indeed a full month to make my lists 😁.

Brandon @FoolishMortal really made me think this month about stocking and using. In more than one way by the way; because I am mightily curious as to how large his stock is seeing that he is in GRUME 24/7 😶😎.

I am beginning to like vintage Gillettes more and more and see them on local bay-like sites emerging too, but I have the ONE razor to rule them all already so what’s the use? (lots obviously but I have a nice rotation going as it is).

And the Mrs pointed it out to my as well where my focus should be: “you know what the great thing about this ‘hobby’ of yours is? The stuff that you buy gets used and disappears again!”. To which my response was “soaps, aftershaves and balms it is then!” 😂.

Happy to be here @Balin!

Cheers,

Guido

I’m in; missed May, happy to be back for June.

1) FoolishMortal - SOTM
2) Heavy_Metal_Hound
3) Multum in parvo
4) Iver
5) LJBraaten
6) Balin
7) Doti B
8) Kyle89
9) Chef455
10) cryhavoc
11) Roedeer
12) hopper_64
13) chad3
14) Guido75
15) kjbarth - GRUYERE
16) Chriwilson - SOTM
17) silverlifter
18) sarir97
19)

I'm game! :)

1) FoolishMortal - SOTM
2) Heavy_Metal_Hound
3) Multum in parvo
4) Iver
5) LJBraaten
6) Balin
7) Doti B
8) Kyle89
9) Chef455
10) cryhavoc
11) Roedeer
12) hopper_64
13) chad3
14) Guido75
15) kjbarth - GRUYERE
16) Chriwilson - SOTM
17) silverlifter
18)

@LJBraaten Yes, eg., RAD (Razor Acquisition Disorder). See the wiki for more:
Thanks, RAD was another one that I see occasionally, and have wondered about. That is definitely where I fit; brushes, soaps, and blades are not usually big issues with me.

What’s the prize? A hall pass to get another razor? 🥹🫢
Another razor? My dear @LJBraaten - this is a GRUME thread - if anything is behind that curtain it can only be love for shaving, I’m afraid. Everything else would be have to be followed by an “I’m out”. 😂😂.

But yeah RAD is usually the first to surface! I am seriously fighting a want-to-buy impulse for a new one myself - so I can fully relate! And I don’t even have an amount of razors that would do the term ‘collection’ any justice. It’s more like the three amigos.

May is not over yet. Let’s see if we can make it!

Cheers,

Guido

Last edited:
And you guessed right! Let’s see what’s behind curtain number two! 😁😂.

All sorts of ADs available at B&B for your shaving leisure: R(azors), S(oaps), B(rushes) or RB(blades) to name a few.

Cheers,

Guido
RAD, SAD, BAD, BRAD - or in a word: MAD! 🤪

Unfortunately, I have a razor related invoice pending which I haven't received as yet. So I won't be able to join in officially in June. If you don't mind I'll do a 29/30 restraint in June but will check in regularly here, tough.

RAD, SAD, BAD, BRAD - or in a word: MAD! 🤪

Unfortunately, I have a razor related invoice pending which I haven't received as yet. So I won't be able to join in officially in June. If you don't mind I'll do a 29/30 restraint in June but will check in regularly here, tough.
Since you were out in May and we still have a couple of days, I think you would be ok Guido. Let’s gentlemanly go for 30/30, ok?! 😊😉

Great to see you here again.

Guido

1) FoolishMortal - SOTM
2) Heavy_Metal_Hound
3) Multum in parvo
4) Iver
5) LJBraaten
6) Balin
7) Doti B
8) Kyle89
9) Chef455
10) cryhavoc
11) Roedeer
12) hopper_64
13) chad3
14) Guido75
15) kjbarth - GRUYERE
16) Chriwilson - SOTM
17) silverlifter
18) sarir97
19) Heron
20)

Oh boy. 'Bin a while for me but I need a "shelter from the [soap buying] storm."

1) FoolishMortal - SOTM
2) Heavy_Metal_Hound
3) Multum in parvo
4) Iver
5) LJBraaten
6) Balin
7) Doti B
8) Kyle89
9) Chef455
10) cryhavoc
11) Roedeer
12) hopper_64
13) chad3
14) Guido75
15) kjbarth - GRUYERE
16) Chriwilson - SOTM
17) silverlifter
18) sarir97
19) Heron
20)leverspro

linty1

My wallet cries.
I need a few days to think about in/out for June, there's def one cream I wanna try, which in of itself doesn't disqualify one for grume, but I'm thinking about something else. So I need time.

Hope everyone's doing well, today is supposed to be a steamer here.

And in for june,

1) FoolishMortal - SOTM
2) Heavy_Metal_Hound
3) Multum in parvo
4) Iver
5) LJBraaten
6) Balin
7) Doti B
8) Kyle89
9) Chef455
10) cryhavoc
11) Roedeer
12) hopper_64
13) chad3
14) Guido75
15) kjbarth - GRUYERE
16) Chriwilson - SOTM
17) silverlifter
18) sarir97
19) Heron
20) leverspro
21) Sandorfi - SOTM

And in for june,

1) FoolishMortal - SOTM
2) Heavy_Metal_Hound
3) Multum in parvo
4) Iver
5) LJBraaten
6) Balin
7) Doti B
8) Kyle89
9) Chef455
10) cryhavoc
11) Roedeer
12) hopper_64
13) chad3
14) Guido75
15) kjbarth - GRUYERE
16) Chriwilson - SOTM
17) silverlifter
18) sarir97
19) Heron
20) leverspro
21) Sandorfi - SOTM
I'm in. I ran out of discretionary income. I only have the other kind, that's used to pay bills. May my cash flow make a decent substitute for the will power that has been lacking in some of my previous GRUMES.

1) FoolishMortal - SOTM
2) Heavy_Metal_Hound
3) Multum in parvo
4) Iver
5) LJBraaten
6) Balin
7) Doti B
8) Kyle89
9) Chef455
10) cryhavoc
11) Roedeer
12) hopper_64
13) chad3
14) Guido75
15) kjbarth - GRUYERE
16) Chriwilson - SOTM
17) silverlifter
18) sarir97
19) Heron
20) leverspro
21) Sandorfi - SOTM
22) Herrenberg

Brandon @FoolishMortal really made me think this month about stocking and using. In more than one way by the way; because I am mightily curious as to how large his stock is seeing that he is in GRUME 24/7 😶😎.
That's fair. :)

I have several great razors, several fine brushes, plenty of (Nacet) blades - especially at the rate I use them - enough after-care (Witch Hazel, Lucky Tiger Face Tonic and ASB), and far too much aftershave (mostly vintage Avon, purchased in bulk at an estate sale for a ridiculously low sum). I buy more Witch Hazel, Lucky Tiger and ASB when I run low on something. I'll probably need more blades in a couple of years. Until then, what is there to buy?

The soap stash was the result of gifts, a couple of passaround boxes, a trip to Italy in July 2015 and two stops at Pasteur Pharmacy on a trip to NYC in June 2019. The rate at which I go through soaps - slowly - means that I'm stocked up for a few years. Again, why buy more when I won't get through what I have for quite some time?

I keep telling SWMBO that I'm "not a collector". I'm really trying to stick to the sentiment, and GRUME helps...a lot. In that spirit, I sold off a fair number of the Avon aftershaves in scents that didn't work for me (or her) and I'll be selling or trading away a number of brushes and razors in the near future, keeping the ones I most enjoy. Part of me wants to hold onto things, to have them, but if I'm not using them, or if they don't measure up for me when I do, what's the point?

Anyway, that's my story. I'm sure it's different for everyone.

Last edited:
Brandon @FoolishMortal , lucky for us mortals we all have our own stories. That’s what makes each and everyone of us here unique. No story is the same. There might be similar aspects but it’s never exactly the same. That’s the beauty.

Thank you for sharing your story. You are an inspiration to me and I am sure too other gents as well. Keep it up because you are doing me at least a huge favour.🙏🏻

Best,

Guido

Brandon @FoolishMortal , lucky for us mortals we all have our own stories. That’s what makes each and everyone of us here unique. No story is the same. There might be similar aspects but it’s never exactly the same. That’s the beauty.

Thank you for sharing your story. You are an inspiration to me and I am sure too other gents as well. Keep it up because you are doing me at least a huge favour.🙏🏻

Best,

Guido
You are too kind. Thank you. I'm just happy to be able to share my "journey of restraint" with so many fine fellows. :blush:

Top Bottom