What's new

June 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in
Trading the 3.5 karve handle for the 3 was a success. I've been into shorter handles recently and this karve 3 inch handle really did the trick. Personna lab blue and the Karve-E, nice gentle shave today.
0602212107a.jpg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Going well. Traveled across the mountains to the wild west and visited family over the holiday weekend, first time in about 18 months. That was nice.

Just saw the news that Coach K is retiring after this next season. With him and Williams gone it will be the end of an era in this state.
Coach K with BC hockey's coach Jerry York, the first men in either sport to reach 1000 wins.

york coach k.jpg

Day nr. 3
Preshave: Proraso wood & spice preshave
Soap: Simpsons luxury cream
Brush: Muhle Rytmo badger
Razor: Fatip FOCS, Sputnik Teflon coated #3
Post-shave: Floid Vigoroso, Nivea balm.

Very descent shave, BBS except from one jawline spot. No nicks. 9.5/10
Sputnik blade keeps on going, sharp and smooth.

Still in.

Still in.
I haven't shaved in this month yet.

Monsoon is arriving in a week or two, it will be a welcome change in weather here.

The packages containing items given to me on loan have reached their owners safely.
The new owners of Omega 10098 and Stirling Soaps have also received the delivery.

I also sold off my Omega 10005 brush, as it was not getting preference in my rotation.

10098 and 10005 were my 1st boars and I learned to break-in with them, they also confirmed that I'll love a boar brush or two in my rotation.

The 10098 is in middle if the break-in process (60-70%) by my understanding, this will give the new owner a chance to see it develop and work on it according to his preference.

I shifted my shaving items from the drawers of my previous room and currently they are in 2 carry bags.

I'll be 'adjusting' them in their new location soon.

OUT.
This has got to be a record. A limited batch of Rocnel Sailors came up and if I didn't get one I'm pretty sure something would have devoured the earth. I had throw myself on that grenade to save you guys from disaster. It was an act of love. Don't thank me, just remember me.
See you in July?
Thanks for taking one for the team Earth. Please post the Rocnel when you get it so that we can see the tool of our salvation. ;)

Please continue to play along from home (if you're so inclined) and post in the thread. We'll hope to see you in July.

And when a brother falls, it's (already) time for...

Roll Call!

1) @FoolishMortal
2) @henrickd - GRUYERE
3) @Roedeer
4) @SharpieB
5) @Owen Bawn
6) @Contact_vs_Feedback - GRUYERE
7) @hopper_64
8) @Sotiris_A
9) @Doti B
10) @Tomo
11) @Schnitzel 52
12) Cino - out (6/2: Rocnel Sailor)
13) @cryhavoc - GRUYERE
14) @wmadoty - GRYYERE
15) @FL shaver
16) @sandorfi
17) @'Bout Time
18) @linty1
19) @Abz88
20) @mattps
21) @Sinnbad11
22) @12stones
23) @redrako
24) @pdieten - GRUYERE
25) @Herrenberg
26) @RumpleBearskin - QUADSAB
27) @La Malice
28) @Wetfred
29) @Jmp63 - GRUYERE
30) @Noveskeshepherd
31) @Timeclo
32) @JWCowboy - QUADSAB

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Is the Booster's Bay Rum closer to Stephan's, Master's or Clubman VIBR?
None of the above, really. A very light bay oil scent I suppose like Stephans, but then it has the same base as all the other Booster splashes. I'm not good at describing scents, but they all have this same base note- so the bay rum smells like bay rum, but identifiably Booster, the Polar Ice smells like Aqua Velva or Floid Blue, but also like Booster, the Aquarius smells like Clubman, but like Booster, too, etc. Of the many bay rums I've enjoyed, Booster is unique. I like it, but I don't really know if I'd replace it, if that were an option. It comes in a 400ml bottle, and I have liters upon gallons of bay rum already.

Top Bottom