What's new

June 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in

Schick Injector Type I2 -Hydro-Magic
Schick Injector (20)
Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Yaqi Purple Haze Mew Brown synthetic
Aqua Velva Ice Blue

I great BBS shave this AM, finished it off with a healthy dose of AV Ice Blue on a damp and humid morning.

I can't believe this blade is still shaving this well at 20 shaves, of course tomorrow it may give up it's ghost.

Still in
This morning shave
Pre-Shave: Warm face wash
Razor: Rockwell 6C (3)
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (first use)
Brush: Omega S-Brush
Soap: Monsavon Bol a Raser
Post shave: Alum Block
Davidoff Cool Water A/S splash
Nivea Protect & Care ASB

Mighty fine BBS with very minimal touch ups using the Personna. Happened to find them in an old blade sample pack. Thought give them a try....why not. Had read contrasting reviews of this blade but on first use was rewarded with a very smooth shave. Dropped the Rockwell plate down to 3 just to be on the safe side but was very impressed.
Even drew comments from the Mrs.
May have to think about adding some of these to the rotation.
Also Monsavon is proving to be a regular now for the moment. Can’t fault it for €1.99.

Now to get ready for the next match of the delayed Euro 2020
👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Still in

Prep : warm shower / Bulldog original face wash
Pre shave : Proraso green
Brush : Proraso boar by Omega
Cream : Nivea blue tube
Razor : Merkur 34 C
Blade : Voshkod (5)
Post : alum block and then Nivea sensitive after shave balm cooling effect

Temps are rising, still some skin irritation on the throat so a quick two pass shave to make it easier on me. Nice cooling effect with the preshave, 6th and final shave on that blade, she probably has more into her but I’ll change razor on Monday and will pop up a new blade for fair comparaison.

Still in.

George Wostenholm & Sons
XPEC Original
Maggard's Black and White
Pinaud Clubman
PXL_20210612_195929449-01.jpeg

I have fallen! I am now 1 for 3. The agony of defeat is with me.

I was so fully confident that I would make it through June, barring some sort of ridiculously improbable event that would upend my shave world, like:

• My roof collapses, burying all of my shave gear
  • Mrs Herrenberg uses up all my shave soap washing the dog
  • Iwasaki starts making razors out of tamahagane again
Yeah, about that...

Day 12, 40% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: MWF
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: GC.68 SB + shim, Astra SP #3
Post-shave: Nivea 2-Phase Lotion.

Used the titanium Windrose handle, which looks fantastic, but isn't quite as agile as their aluminium one. Another good result, apart from having an insect bite to avoid.

Still out

Outside the relative safety of the GRUME it didn’t take long for me to compound my defeat with an actual hard dollar purchase. I convinced myself that a Saponificio Varesino after shave to match my nearly full puck of Cubebe would help me see out the rest of the year without any further soap purchases. I made sense to me. Now it’s time to draw a line in the sand.

Still in. 👍

Nice shave this morning... Weishi TTO razor with a Bic blade (4), Henri et Victoria Lime soap, Simpson Trafalgar 2 brush and Frye & Co sandalwood balm.

Turns out that my $20 Trafalgar 2 synthetic brush absolutely destroys my $60 Classic synth. I dislike my Classic so much that I brought my T2 to leave at the cottage and the Classic will go back into storage until I sell it or PIF.

Top Bottom