What's new

June 2019 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Decided it’d been too long since I’d treated my face to a little straight action. A little shortie action is always a good thing.

A7AA209A-7557-4B09-8685-3C5D6F691661.jpeg

Noooo!

Details, please...
“Thwack!”

Dang .soap. - what sunk you? Hardware or software? Inquiring minds want to know!
Unfortunately, it's nothing all too interesting or indulgent! I've been on the road a few hours from home and decided to stroll through a Marshalls. I'm always amazed when people find marked down gear there. Lo and behold, there sat AOS Lemon!

In all fairness, the GRUME is about saving $$$ and enjoying what I have. $3 for AOS seems to fit with both to a degree.

Sorry to fail and I'll jump right back in for July!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

3 bucks!! You should have got me a tub too! Even with shipping it’ve been cheaper than anything I could’ve done.
So true! You know I wasn't going to leave ANY on the shelf... unfortunately they only had one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

SOTD
HEAD AND FACE

Timeless Titanium .95 OC
Astra SP x2
Saponificio Varesino Cubebe Beta 4.3
Yaqi Moka 26mm 2 band Badger (Daughter's)
Captain's Choice Heavy Copper bowl
Great shave! First use of the SV Cubebe and my daughter's Yaqi 26mm Moka Express 2 band Badger. First, the SV Beta 4.3 is wonderful. This is a spring/summer scent. A+ for cushion, slickness, and postshave. Think I want the matching AS Balm! Second, the 26mm Yaqi Moka Express in 2 band Badger. My first use, 10th on the brush. The handle is huge! But well balanced. It is a dense brush. With good backbone. Bloomed fantastic. Felt great on the skin. I'm not going to give up my Chubby 2s for it but I will rank it as my number 2 Badger. For 34 bucks its unbeatable. I've sold more expensive badgers off. So.... if you don't want to spend the money on a Chubby 2 (recommend) but want to know what is similar, the Yaqi 26mm 2 band is great!
20190617_115049.jpg

SOTD
Timeless Bronze .38
Astra x3
MdC Rose
Simpson's Chubby 2 Synthetic​

So... picking up overtime tonight. So I thought what the heck, I'll shave on 24hrs growth. The Timeless Bronze allows this so I give it a go. WRONG ANSWER! Today's shave was sucky. Face red and irritated. No cuts or weepers. Just angry! Switched the blade into the Timeless Titanium .95 OC for the head shave. Much better! Postshave was Alum block, Osage Rub and AOS aftershave balm. Guess I'm so used to the Titanium that I drove the Bronze to hard. Haven't used the Bronze for quite some time. Oh well, live and you learn.

SOTD
Timeless Bronze .38
Astra x3
MdC Rose
Simpson's Chubby 2 Synthetic​

So... picking up overtime tonight. So I thought what the heck, I'll shave on 24hrs growth. The Timeless Bronze allows this so I give it a go. WRONG ANSWER! Today's shave was sucky. Face red and irritated. No cuts or weepers. Just angry! Switched the blade into the Timeless Titanium .95 OC for the head shave. Much better! Postshave was Alum block, Osage Rub and AOS aftershave balm. Guess I'm so used to the Titanium that I drove the Bronze to hard. Haven't used the Bronze for quite some time. Oh well, live and you learn.
Man that sucks. I feel you though. I’ve been testing Merkur blades in my Karve here lately. Comfortable shaves but talk about weepers. Weeper city yesterday. I got in the car later and looked at my neck in the mirror - dried blood everywhere. Had to get out and clean that up - sucky

SOTD
HEAD AND FACE

Timeless Titanium .95 OC
Astra SP x2
Simpson's Chubby 2 Super Badger
PannaCrema Nuavia Blu
Captain's Choice ceramic bowl
Fantastic shave! BBS all the way around. The PannaCrema just excels in all categories for me. Ranking my top 5 soaps have changed. Hard to believe over half are Veg! So, my updated top 5 bases are... YMMV.....

1) PannaCrema
2) Adriana & Evans
3) SV Beta 4.3
4) MdC
5) Pereira Shavery

Going to be selling and PIFing soaps soon. Gonna cut down to 5 bases. PannaCrema expensive? Not really . Last order from Top of the Chain for $60 US (79.99 CAD). Shipping free. 200gm plus the ceramic bowl. Wish they would sell refills. Only takes a little soap so it lasts a long time. I'm not a Fanboy of anything, just recommending what works for me. YMMV.
20190622_112127.jpg
20190622_113639.jpg

Last edited:
SOTD
HEAD AND FACE

Timeless Titanium .95 OC
Astra SP x2
Simpson's Chubby 2 Super Badger
PannaCrema Nuavia Blu
Captain's Choice ceramic bowl
Fantastic shave! BBS all the way around. The PannaCrema just excels in all categories for me. Ranking my top 5 soaps have changed. Hard to believe over half are Veg! So, my updated top 5 bases are... YMMV.....

1) PannaCrema
2) Adriana & Evans
3) SV Beta 4.3
4) MdC
5) Pereira Shavery

Going to be selling and PIFing soaps soon. Gonna cut down to 5 bases. PannaCrema expensive? Not really . Last order from Top of the Chain for $60 US (79.99 CAD). Shipping free. 200gm plus the ceramic bowl. Wish they would sell refills. Only takes a little soap so it lasts a long time. I'm not a Fanboy of anything, just recommending what works for me. YMMV.
View attachment 992955 View attachment 992956

Nice!! After the sample you sent, PannaCreama is on my hit list. Nom, nom, nom!

Just got to get through the month first lol! But yeah, thank you!

Nice!! After the sample you sent, PannaCreama is on my hit list. Nom, nom, nom!

Just got to get through the month first lol! But yeah, thank you!
Glad you like it! Gave my daughter a Simpson Best I had so she ordered me PannaCrema Rossa. Be here in 5 to 10 days. Have you tried the others I sent? The PannaCrema gets better the more you use it.

Glad you like it! Gave my daughter a Simpson Best I had so she ordered me PannaCrema Rossa. Be here in 5 to 10 days. Have you tried the others I sent? The PannaCrema gets better the more you use it.
Lol. That’s a negative good sir. Your samples aren’t exactly small lol. It’s PannaCrema for maybe two more shaves. Though I can’t lie, the l’orange is calling my name!!

Top Bottom