What's new

June 2019 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

SOTD
HEAD AND FACE

Timeless Titanium .95 OC
Simpson's Chubby 2 Super Badger
Bullgoose SV Colonia Soap
Astra SP x1
Captain's Choice ceramic bowl
SV Colonia AS Balm
Great shave! 2 pass head and face. 5 days growth. WTG and ATG. Forgot how slick this soap is and the post shave is fantastic! This is why SV is in my top 3. GRUME for the rest of the year.
20190608_120758.jpg

June 9 SOTD
Lots of yardwork this morning so didn't get the the shave until this afternoon. Didn't care about BBS for hours since I'll shave tomorrow morning with my straights. So I decided to make today a fun shave.

Tabac
Omega 637 Silvertip
3 (W/X/ATG) passes with the Rolls Viscount
ATG cleanup pass with the Old Type
IMG_20190609_145011-01.jpeg

Who needs new stuff when you already have such great toys!

(Now, if I can just get the Rolls blade as sharp as I would like it to be... I'd love to do a Rolls-only shave.)

June 9 SOTD
Lots of yardwork this morning so didn't get the the shave until this afternoon. Didn't care about BBS for hours since I'll shave tomorrow morning with my straights. So I decided to make today a fun shave.

Tabac
Omega 637 Silvertip
3 (W/X/ATG) passes with the Rolls Viscount
ATG cleanup pass with the Old Type
View attachment 989106

Who needs new stuff when you already have such great toys!

(Now, if I can just get the Rolls blade as sharp as I would like it to be... I'd love to do a Rolls-only shave.)
I had a fun shave today as well. Two days worth of growth, a new Nacet blade in the old Karve, and balm... smooth.

E198FD40-4B99-4B69-B553-4922A5E1CB47.jpeg

I had a fun shave today as well. Two days worth of growth, a new Nacet blade in the old Karve, and balm... smooth.

View attachment 989123
Nancy Boy is top shelf stuff!

I went with A&E summer fig today. Actually considering getting back into 3017 with it as it's one thing my third trimester wife can consistently stomach / enjoy the scent of!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Nancy Boy is top shelf stuff!

I went with A&E summer fig today. Actually considering getting back into 3017 with it as it's one thing my third trimester wife can consistently stomach / enjoy the scent of!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Man, I know how that goes... and hey, 3017ing A&E isn’t a hardship.

SOTD
Head and Face

Timeless Titanium .95 OC
Astra SP x2
Simpson's Chubby 2 Super Badger
Boellis Panama 1924
Captain's Choice ceramic bowl
Proraso Green​
Always a great shave with the 1924! Sorry, no picture today.

I expanded the hairline crack in my Old Type Sunday. But one hit eBay Buy It Now with a crazy low price within minutes of finishing my shave. I don't think they knew what they had.

I was tempted to stretch the "broken/replacement" caveat for GRUME, but then saw a NOS Rolls blade in a Bakelite case. Definitely not a replacement...

I'm out.

I expanded the hairline crack in my Old Type Sunday. But one hit eBay Buy It Now with a crazy low price within minutes of finishing my shave. I don't think they knew what they had.

I was tempted to stretch the "broken/replacement" caveat for GRUME, but then saw a NOS Rolls blade in a Bakelite case. Definitely not a replacement...

I'm out.
Well ... congrats? Lol

Top Bottom