What's new

June 2019 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

I didn't know we were posting our shaves here but I'll play:

Day 5 SOTD
Ever Ready 1914
GEM PTFE (16)
Mike's Bergamot, Orange, Ylang-ylang
Omega 10290
Aqua Velva Ice Blue

I'm wondering what's the record is for failing the GRUME? I'm close - too many emails with sales! I'm also waiting for an email from Italian barber with notification that the Mamba 70 is back in stock. I actually tried to convince my wife to buy me some shaving stuff for Fathers day- it was a NO.

For me, this has been the most useful tool for preventing addiction.

upload_2019-6-6_7-28-9.png

I spent about $50 too much because I started the Sabbatical in January.

I've been into 3017'ing a puck of Williams. One pass is enough.

upload_2019-6-6_7-30-26.png

My most optimistic projection is I'll get 268 shaves from this puck. I'll get more on future pucks as I was using three passes in the beginning. The more I use WMS, the better it gets.

Looking ahead, I won't need to buy more soap until July 2024. That means any new soap I buy will be five years old before I get to it. Either that or one of the soaps I have will be more than five years old. Although soaps can last years, I feel the best experience is when they are new.

In my hands, I feel WMS is the most elite soap there is. Experience trumps quality without experience. I'd likely feel the same about other soaps in the same price range.

I'm wondering what's the record is for failing the GRUME? I'm close - too many emails with sales! I'm also waiting for an email from Italian barber with notification that the Mamba 70 is back in stock. I actually tried to convince my wife to buy me some shaving stuff for Fathers day- it was a NO.
I haven’t gotten any notifications for any sales! And what’s the matter with your wife lol?

Feeling lucky. She got a waffle maker for Mother's Day (an up side for me as well). I'm getting a Tony Miller Steerdovan strop for Father's Day.

Despite that I may be exiting... Found something on eBay I just couldn't pass up. If I win I'll be out...

I'm out.
Saw a brush I wanted was on sale, I'm weak I'll admit it. Perhaps I will be more successful once I try more of what's available in the DE shaving world. I've tried mostly inexpensive hardware and software up to now, and with the assistance (enabling?) of B&B and its members want to try the next level.

Good luck to everyone applying restraint this month! Be stronger than me!

Speick Shaving Soap Stick - Heard so much about this stuff. I also have some Tabac coming that I ordered last month.

Saponificio Varesino Shaving Soap - Added this to get free shipping! At the top of a lot of top 5 soaps lists.

Fendrihan Classic Pure Grey Badger Shaving Brush - Nice looking faux amber brush I've been eyeing.

I placed an online order. I ran out of my SV Pro Victis, or Peacemaker, ran out as in the jar is empty, naught left.
And I'm still in gentlemen.

Buy what you need when you need it.

Top Bottom