What's new

July 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in and mixing soaps to try and make a dent in my stash.
Tonight’s shave
Pre-Shave: Warm face wash
Brush: Omega Puro Tasso Badger Brush
Razor: Merkur Mergress (1.5)
Blade: Treet Platinum
Soaps: Speick Shaving Stick (tallow)
Ach Brito Mogno
Post-Shave: Alum Block
SV Mirto di Sardegna ASL
Nivea Protect & Care ASB
Ach Brito Bergamota Cologne

This using what you have is a great idea. Resurrected the Mergress paired with a fresh Treet Platinum on 2 days of growth. Effortless hair removal and a BBS finish. The soap pairing worked well with the brush although it’s still a bit of a shedder. Ach Brito Bergamoto really is a nice scent and a few splashes of the Cologne finished off a fine shave.
Might stick with this mixing of soaps for this month. Well that’s how I’m thinking now but time will tell.
Stay safe all. We’re in it together 😎😎😎😎😎

Still in - DFS+ with a fresh Astra Blue

0919E474-F37D-4888-AA84-CF672C2E5DDF.jpeg

Still in

Razor: Gillette Super Speed
Blade: Bic (3)
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
Brush: Zenith Copper Handle Boar
AS: Clubman Pinaud

My local drug store has 2 pucks of Williams Mug Soap just sitting there for ~$2 each. Guess they haven't adjusted to the end of supply?! Have to admit I am a bit tempted to grab them. My Stirling Executive Man puck is down to a few shaves and was planning to replace it during restock time, but......????

ATTENTION!
This post is intended for Mature Audiences Only.
Rated MA; possible gore and graphic content

View attachment 1484170

Don't say you have not been warned...

ARKO THURSDAY!!!

but wait theres more!!! Much More!!!

***scroll down at your own risk***

Please! Don't let your children try this at home!

View attachment 1484170

This momentous and daring feat, for the first time ever, anywhere! is preparation for SHARK WEEK AND ARKO AUGUST.

Not just one amazing heroic achievement BUT BOTH dangerous acts AT THE SAME TIME!!!

Maybe AMERICAS GOT TALENT (AGT) should pay attention.

I am a daredevil, trained stuntman, extreme risk taker (that has a trained medic on stand-by) and will attempt the most challenging shave OF ALL TIME!!!.

Notice in the trailer photo, a special razor WITH LARGE TEETH, (IN honor of JAWS) a new, never used SHARK SS blade and the famous/infamous ARKO soap

See the exciting conclusion TOMORROW... if I survive this once in a lifetime achievement!!!

BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW!
THIS WILL BE A SELLOUT EVENT

GOOD DAY! :letterk1::letterk1::letterk1::letterk1:

ATTENTION ALL VIEWERS

We interrupt this forum to bring you this special B&B update…

(***Before our reader(s) continue, please read the above link from yesterday morning. (^^^^)***)

Now to the News

Yesterday the world was astonished when @tjsgarden announced his daring, brave, courageous and perhaps foolish shaving attempt. Internet forums, major news networks and millions of shavers around the world were in awe of this man’s bold intentions.

At the conclusion of the special event, some critics and networks were speechless!

Other commentators shared some of the following quotes.

“This guy should be nominated for an Academy Award, it was that good.”

“I give the the performance 5 stars. It was amazing,”

“It was like I was being hypnotized. I had to remind myself to breath.”

“I think the whole thing was a fake. Nobody could possibly do that.”

“Is he really that crazy"

Arko Thursday, a “Jaws” razor and a Super Sharp, Sleek, Shiny Smooth Sublime, Stealth Slicing Select SHARK SS (that’s one of those alliterations again) blade were utilized with stupendous skill, sensitivity and steady supreme dexterity.

A big shock was the announcement this morning.

@tjsgarden quietly told those in attendance his decision to perform the entire procedure using ice water in the sink and a stainless steel cup with ice cubes to keep the razor cold. The one viewer, I mean the crowd was silent and then burst out in applause!

One source said “the man’s fingers were shaking and turned blue due to the extreme cold conditions.” A lady said “ That razor was so cold it has frost on it!”

Theme music from the movie JAWS was playing during the entire experience.

As a side note, @tjsgarden had to (cut) the performance short.

We caught up with him about three hours later. His face was covered with a hoodie, obviously to protect his anonymiity. He said the shave went “pretty good with the exception of needing 6 band-aids and 22 stitches.” He noted that the ambulance workers and hospital staff were all very friendly!

When asked what could top his incredible performance, this crazy man said “ Shark Week is coming up and I dying to start Arko August."

*********This epic event will be streamed during Shark Week, the 24th thru 31st of this month.*********

DVDs will be available for the low price of $89.00, BUT WAIT, if you order NOW, during the next 10 minutes, the entire production is available for $0.99 cents ( plus shipping, handling, processing and numerous other fees)

Comments

The Cold Water-Arko-JAWS-Sharko shave on Thursday was actually very nice.

I hope some of you guys will check out the Shark Week and Arko August threads.

On the 7th Day of GRUME

Still IN!

GOOD DAY! :letterk1::letterk1::letterk1:

Last edited:
GRUME-ing on the 8th Day of July!...:letterk1:

Flowers: Because my wife enjoys them! 🌻🌻🌻 Sunflowers are her favorite.

Pre-Shave: Warm/Cool shower, icy cold splashes and PAA 2.0 cube (not shown)
Razor: E Jagger 89 with Shark SS blade (#2)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar Synthetic
Soap: B and M "Cheshire"
Shave: 2X WTG-2nd pass using the Gillette Slide technique
Post-Shave: Ice water splashes, Nivea and Bee Bald balms

Comments

This was a refreshing and enjoyable shave.

The Cheshire has an addictive fragrance and a slick low-lather application. Since I have a beard, I don't need a thick lather covering the shaving edge of the beard.
I hope the "ARKO Thursday" post the past two days brought a smile to some fellow grumers.

STILL IN!

Good Day! :letterk1:

PXL_20220708_151027571.PORTRAIT.jpg

SOTD
  • Rockwell 6S/R4
  • Nacet (5)
  • Elite Shaving amboyna burl badger
  • Stirling Orange Chill/Omega Eucalyptus - SOTM
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling South Padre ASB
  • Vintage Avon Bay Rum AS
After four shaves with the R3 plate, I moved back to the R4 plate. It was like coming home after a long trip - comfortable, familiar, relaxing. Two passes (and some nice lather) did a solid job on my two days of scruff.

I'll stick with the R4 plate until the blade tells me it's time to move to the R5 plate.

Onward!

I assume that if I were to accept a PIF razor that someone offered me, even if I didn’t request it, that it would be a violation of GRUME. Correct?
If you didn't enter the PIF and you didn't ask for the razor, and it was offered without a hint from you, the fact that the razor was part of a PIF doesn't really matter (to me). I would think that you would be fine. If you feel odd about taking it, maybe you can offer something in return to convert the gift into a trade.

As always, I'm open to discussion.

Still in 🙏🏾

So far another relaxed and effortless GRUME. Still surprised with the lack of urge and craving.
Last night's shave was with the vintage humpback slant again.
The Astra got tired during the beard shave. So I loaded the excellent King C Gillette. Not so excellent this time. So far the Astra is the only blade I've tried that both tames this monster razor and delivers a relatively smooth shave.
My skin needs some rest after being tormented so long with the humpback.
I'm off to France for a quiet week in the country side. So I'll treat my scalp and chin with my trusted Mulcuto, the La Toja and the original Old Spice.

47A6EB7A-A131-471A-9ECD-C8C9B14AE22C.jpeg

If you didn't enter the PIF and you didn't ask for the razor, and it was offered without a hint from you, the fact that the razor was part of a PIF doesn't really matter (to me). I would think that you would be fine. If you feel odd about taking it, maybe you can offer something in return to convert the gift into a trade.

As always, I'm open to discussion.
Or/and put it away till after the GRUME?
That seems in spirit of GRUME to me, anyway.

Still in, for my shave today I’ll repeat the pictures I posted in the Frugal Friday thread. It includes my $6-7 Tech, free (discarded) soap, (essentially) free Omega 48 Boar brush, and items scavenged off our property and an abandoned camp site: soaking mug, Philadelphia Cheese container scuttle, water server, and water heater. And the Feather Blade has 47 shaves on it.

Attachments

• 7FE96832-3E79-416A-9774-6D3D7EBAA0C7.jpeg
    7FE96832-3E79-416A-9774-6D3D7EBAA0C7.jpeg
    934.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 13B730CA-F98C-4642-B0F8-9741BBA74FBE.jpeg
    13B730CA-F98C-4642-B0F8-9741BBA74FBE.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Date​
09.07.2022​
Main Focus:09/31 Days in GRUME (out at 19%)
188/190 in 365 days of shaving (98%)
Other:High Efficiency Razors in July
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
Prep:Cold splash
KCG Face wash
Proraso Green Preshave
Cream:TGS Abysso
Aftershave:Proraso Green
Balm:Recipe for men
Proraso Green
Bowl:Proraso
Brush:Razorock Plissoft 400 Aluminium
Passes:WTG (N-S)
XTG (W-S)
ATG (S-N)
Razor:Mühle R41
Blade:Dorco ST300HQ (1)
Rating:9/10 SAS/CCS/DFS/BBS

Notes to today’s shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11839043

Enjoy your day!

Top Bottom