What's new

July 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

1) FoolishMortal
2) hopper_64
3) sinnbad11
4) sharpieB
5) Roedeer
6) Herrenberg
7) Owen Bawn
8) RumpleBearskin - QUADSAB
9) Contact_vs_Feedback - GRUYERE
10) henrickd - GRUYERE
11) Jkar
12) Doti B
13) mattps1
14) Tomo
15) cryhavoc - GRUYERE
16) Schnitzel52
17) ‘Bout Time
18) pdieten - GRUYERE
19)stuartganis
Halfway there. Woot.
I feel like it's getting close to check-in time on the GRUYERE. Going to have to go look for that thread.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Sign me up, I love these things!

1) FoolishMortal
2) hopper_64
3) sinnbad11
4) sharpieB
5) Roedeer
6) Herrenberg
7) Owen Bawn
10) henrickd - GRUYERE
11) Jkar
12) Doti B
13) mattps1
14) Tomo
15) cryhavoc - GRUYERE
16) Schnitzel52
17) ‘Bout Time
18) pdieten - GRUYERE
19)stuartganis
20) WmADoty - GRUYERE

I'm in! I'm getting the itch a bit but I could hold it out for couple more months. Still have too many gears.

1) FoolishMortal
2) hopper_64
3) sinnbad11
4) sharpieB
5) Roedeer
6) Herrenberg
7) Owen Bawn
10) henrickd - GRUYERE
11) Jkar
12) Doti B
13) mattps1
14) Tomo
15) cryhavoc - GRUYERE
16) Schnitzel52
17) ‘Bout Time
18) pdieten - GRUYERE
19)stuartganis
20) WmADoty - GRUYERE
21) Timeclo

Here’s to another successful month! Good luck y’all!

1) FoolishMortal
2) hopper_64
3) sinnbad11
4) sharpieB
5) Roedeer
6) Herrenberg
7) Owen Bawn
10) henrickd - GRUYERE
11) Jkar
12) Doti B
13) mattps1
14) Tomo
15) cryhavoc - GRUYERE
16) Schnitzel52
17) ‘Bout Time
18) pdieten - GRUYERE
19)stuartganis
20) WmADoty - GRUYERE
21) Timeclo
22) Jmp63 - GRUYERE, QUADSAB

linty1

My wallet cries.
1) FoolishMortal
2) hopper_64
3) sinnbad11
4) sharpieB
5) Roedeer
6) Herrenberg
7) Owen Bawn
10) henrickd - GRUYERE
11) Jkar
12) Doti B
13) mattps1
14) Tomo
15) cryhavoc - GRUYERE
16) Schnitzel52
17) ‘Bout Time
18) pdieten - GRUYERE
19)stuartganis
20) WmADoty - GRUYERE
21) Timeclo
23)
24) linty1

I took slot 24 as I like that number... I hope thats ok.

Anyways, I'm in. Money is actually fairly tight rn with the new mortgage and moving and such, so this will be good. The Henson will pushed back.

Again in for this month (and I filled in the nr. 23 spot.)

Grume of June almost completed, 57 days since my last purchase)

1) FoolishMortal
2) hopper_64
3) sinnbad11
4) sharpieB
5) Roedeer
6) Herrenberg
7) Owen Bawn
10) henrickd - GRUYERE
11) Jkar
12) Doti B
13) mattps1
14) Tomo
15) cryhavoc - GRUYERE
16) Schnitzel52
17) ‘Bout Time
18) pdieten - GRUYERE
19)stuartganis
20) WmADoty - GRUYERE
21) Timeclo
23)Sandorfi
24) linty1

1) FoolishMortal
2) hopper_64
3) sinnbad11
4) sharpieB
5) Roedeer
6) Herrenberg
7) Owen Bawn
10) henrickd - GRUYERE
11) Jkar
12) Doti B
13) mattps1
14) Tomo
15) cryhavoc - GRUYERE
16) Schnitzel52
17) ‘Bout Time
18) pdieten - GRUYERE
19)stuartganis
20) WmADoty - GRUYERE
21) Timeclo
23)Sandorfi
24) linty1
25) tjsgarden

GRUME-ING is about the best part of B&B for me!

1) FoolishMortal
2) hopper_64
3) sinnbad11
4) sharpieB
5) Roedeer
6) Herrenberg
7) Owen Bawn
10) henrickd - GRUYERE
11) Jkar
12) Doti B
13) mattps1
14) Tomo
15) cryhavoc - GRUYERE
16) Schnitzel52
17) ‘Bout Time
18) pdieten - GRUYERE
19)stuartganis
20) WmADoty - GRUYERE
21) Timeclo
23)Sandorfi
24) linty1
25) tjsgarden
26) Kyle89

Hey gents !

1) FoolishMortal
2) hopper_64
3) sinnbad11
4) sharpieB
5) Roedeer
6) Herrenberg
7) Owen Bawn
10) henrickd - GRUYERE
11) Jkar
12) Doti B
13) mattps1
14) Tomo
15) cryhavoc - GRUYERE
16) Schnitzel52
17) ‘Bout Time
18) pdieten - GRUYERE
19)stuartganis
20) WmADoty - GRUYERE
21) Timeclo
23)Sandorfi
24) linty1
25) tjsgarden
26) Kyle89
27) Multum in Parvo

My first GRUME so lets see how this goes - Hello 👋.

The urge to buy new stuff has decreased substantially after nearly a year here on B&B and going through each buying disorder after the other at Mach 2.

I think now its good time to consolidate. I pifed a couple of items but have yet to put something on BST. I will start using my razors a couple of times in a row and not jumping from shave to shave to see which ones to keep for looks and/or performance and which to let go.

Soaps/Creams/AS and blades are consumables and I'm stocked at a minimum for 3-5 years so nothing to worry there.

I got all my perceived necessary vintage razors and only stayed away from the modern high end stainless steel/titanium etc. stuff to keep something nice for future purchases.

My worries are in regards to brushes. I have more than enough and I'm narrowing down my preferences shave after shave. So I even now am seperating them in stay/go brushes. In an ideal world I would love to sell 2 before getting 1 new but the pics here still pose some temptation...

Last edited:
My first GRUME so lets see how this goes - Hello 👋.

The urge to buy new stuff has decreased substantially after nearly a year here on B&B and going through each buying disorder after the other at Mach 2.

I think now its good time to consolidate. I pifed a couple of items but have yet to put something on BST. I will start using my razors a couple of times in a row and not jumping from shave to shave to see which ones to keep for looks and/or performance and which to let go.

Soaps/Creams/AS and blades are consumables and I'm stocked at a minimum for 3-5 years so nothing to worry there.

I got all my perceived necessary vintage razors and only stayed away from the modern high end stainless steel/titanium etc. stuff to keep something nice for future purchases.

My worries are in regards to brushes. I have more than enough and I'm narrowing down my preferences shave after shave. So I even now am seperating them in stay/go brushes. In an ideal world I would love to sell 2 before getting 1 new but the pics here still pose some temptation...
Welcome!

Trades are strongly encouraged for GRUME participants, so it's possible that you can send out what you don't want and get back what you do want. You might even make some 2-for-1 trades to get to the items you want; that's how I got my Rockwell 6S (my favorite razor) and my SOC Taj Resin boar brush (in my top 3) while giving a razor that hadn't lived up to the promise. Both sides were happy and the kit is more appreciated by the new owners. :)

Welcome!

Trades are strongly encouraged for GRUME participants, so it's possible that you can send out what you don't want and get back what you do want. You might even make some 2-for-1 trades to get to the items you want; that's how I got my Rockwell 6S (my favorite razor) and my SOC Taj Resin boar brush (in my top 3) while giving a razor that hadn't lived up to the promise. Both sides were happy and the kit is more appreciated by the new owners. :)
Great, so any member from the EU that is looking for Simpson brushes can message me :c9:

Still in!

First July shave this morning with Tabac, SOC Boar and the Ralf Aust stainless steel straight razor that I can’t seem to be able to put away.

This month I’ll focus on breaking in the boar brush and killing off the Tabac. I think that I can already see the shadow of the bottom of the tub showing through. The boar is hungry!

I went out of June in a blaze of glory, picking up some more aftershaves and other incidentals. I'm finding quality aftershave products help with my skin when i'm out in the cold weather here. It's also tax-time in Australia, so I pre-spent some of my tax return in advance as is tradition.

Today I woke to a new financial year with a clean GRUME slate.
My goals of this month is find some ideal modern blades that I can stock up on in the future, and start opening up more soaps to have a proper rotation instead of trying to 3017 1 soap at a time.
SOTD:
Wolfman WR2 1.45 OC
Lord Super Stainless (1)
Simpsons Tulip 3
SV Cubebe Soap & Aftershave

Still in.

1) FoolishMortal
2) hopper_64
3) sinnbad11
4) sharpieB
5) Roedeer
6) Herrenberg
7) Owen Bawn
10) henrickd - GRUYERE
11) Jkar
12) Doti B
13) mattps1
14) Tomo
15) cryhavoc - GRUYERE
16) Schnitzel52
17) ‘Bout Time
18) pdieten - GRUYERE
19)stuartganis
20) WmADoty - GRUYERE
21) Timeclo
23)Sandorfi
24) linty1
25) tjsgarden
26) Kyle89
27) Multum in Parvo
28) FL shaver
No purchase expected for many months to come…

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Welcome!

I second the idea of taking advantage of the opportunity to trade while in the GRUME. In the past year I've traded an M7 for a brand new Simpson Chubby 1 Super, and I traded 2 unused Zenith boars, a Zenith synthetic, and a few pucks of vintage Williams for a Simpsons Classic 1 and a Berkeley, both in 2 band. Didn't cost a penny!

Top Bottom