What's new

JULY 2017 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0171.jpg IMG_0172.jpg

Here is the Chubby I bought after one shave. Very luxurious shave. I'm sorry I did not get this one earlier.

chubby.JPG

Here is the Chubby I bought after one shave. Very luxurious shave. I'm sorry I did not get this one earlier.
CH2 is one of those brushes that we all should experience. I have an older model from the Made in England years. I bought it when it was already well broken in. I wouldn't mind getting a new one when this one starts to shed or just gets worn out.

I do have a Chubby 2 synthetic but not the same thing at all....
I've never tried the CH synth, but I've heard others say what you said: it just isn't the same. Probably a good synth, but just doesn't act and feel like a Chubby. Like I said, I've never used one, just heard this sentiment before.

I wouldn't mind getting some high end soap like SV, MDC, or ABC someday, but only the SV is close to a price that I can handle. So if I don't ever land some I am quite happy with Stirling, WSP, and as of today, Mike's. Other recent acquisitions: Stirling's Executive Man with menthol, Ikon B1 Standard (I already had the Atlas handle), and the awesome Shavemac D01 28mm set in a LoveYourShave handle. That is a seriously dense and firm brush.
DSCN1273[1].JPG

It's funny how your tastes in brushes can change. For years my brushes were 21 mm. Now all my recent purchases have been 23 mm and larger.

Before the Chubby, I bought a few Paladin brushes
full

An AP Shaving Tuxedo:

tuck-jpg.796963

And the huge Maggard syn.

Maggard.JPG

I wouldn't mind getting some high end soap like SV, MDC, or ABC someday, but only the SV is close to a price that I can handle. So if I don't ever land some I am quite happy with Stirling, WSP, and as of today, Mike's. Other recent acquisitions: Stirling's Executive Man with menthol, Ikon B1 Standard (I already had the Atlas handle), and the awesome Shavemac D01 28mm set in a LoveYourShave handle. That is a seriously dense and firm brush.
View attachment 804241

All excellent scores. Congrats!

It's a beauty, Steve. I imagine the added weight is an asset to the Baby Smooth. I have the original and wouldn't mind adding that one.

I tried it out this morning and really liked it. I do not have the Aluminum version, so I can't compare, but the Ti felt very nice on the face. It was smooth with little audio feedback. The razor felt mild, but it shaved my face BBS in 3 passes, and I seemed fairly efficient. I will be using it more to see how accurate these first impressions are.

What I am interested in is the difference between the Baby Smooth versus the new Mamba. The Mamba looks like it will be very nice and a great value as well.
Steve

I tried it out this morning and really liked it. I do not have the Aluminum version, so I can't compare, but the Ti felt very nice on the face. It was smooth with little audio feedback. The razor felt mild, but it shaved my face BBS in 3 passes, and I seemed fairly efficient. I will be using it more to see how accurate these first impressions are.

What I am interested in is the difference between the Baby Smooth versus the new Mamba. The Mamba looks like it will be very nice and a great value as well.
Steve

Yes, the Mamba may be quite the razor. The price is oh so right. Wonder how it will compare to the Black Mamba?

I had been waiting a long time for the CG Lvl-2 base plates to be finished. The soap smells incredible too. Received the very nice SE from Wholly Kaw and two other soaps that I just love to smell. Great performance too.
IMG_1656.JPG
IMG_1692.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom