What's new

Jos. A. Bank Score.

I love shopping here because of the quality of clothes but it's not cheap. I only go when there are sales and look for clearance items. Boy did I score today.

Each pant was $40!!!!. Great everyday pattern and their Signature series. Only down fall is that it was in only a size 38 but their slacks can adjust down up to 2 inches. Got them tailored and it was a match made in heaven.

Man...thats a great score. I wear suits 5 days a week and have wanted to shop there but never walk in due to the prices.

Maybe I'll have to take a peak next time I see a buy 2 get one free or something similar.

they're having their Thanksgiving sale right now. lots of markdowns on suits

How much you talking? 15% on an $800 suit is not that much :001_smile

I dont like paying more than $200-$250 for a suit because I tend to tear them up in my job. Usually shop at Macy's, but they haven't had any deals of the last month or so.

I shop there frequently, but it seems like evrything is always on sale at 25%-50% off?

Still, gabardeen slacks 2/$165 is a great deal.

Ok...you've got me looking. Their 2 for $300 deal looks pretty darn appealing. Never worn that type of suit before...is it any good?

Man...thats a great score. I wear suits 5 days a week and have wanted to shop there but never walk in due to the prices.

Maybe I'll have to take a peak next time I see a buy 2 get one free or something similar.

Don't know about D.C., but here J.A. Banks has about the best prices around for the quality. Penney's does as well, but I have no confidence in their sales people being good at fitting.

Ever try Nordstrom Rack? The one by me has a pretty good saleswoman for fitment. They do alterations in store. Selection can vary, but with good patience you can find a Hickey Freeman, Hugo Boss, Zegna, etc, for $250-$450. HF, Zegna will be much better construction that a JaB or anything at Macy's/Penney's. All at about 75% off if it is clearanced.

I may be in the minority here, but I think JAB stuff is overpriced for the quality most of the year, and correctly priced for the quality when it goes on sale.

Probably pretty cheap during their semi annual sales. 75% off sounds like a deal though!

I like their suits and materials are all the same until you get into the signature or Jos A. Bank label it self. Every suit I have from them drapes beautifully and they have great service to boot.

Last year I bought 2 of their "Treo" suits. One jacket and two matching colors for $99. That is a great bargain if you use a suit on occasion.

I may be in the minority here, but I think JAB stuff is overpriced for the quality most of the year, and correctly priced for the quality when it goes on sale.

Probably pretty cheap during their semi annual sales. 75% off sounds like a deal though!

I think it's pricey but I've worn suits of many makers and it's the cut and that they use for that particular size. A 46 regular coat from JAB does not need to be tailored on my unlike if I go to a department store where it's always drapes forward too much.

As soon as you put on one of their non wrinkle shirts $70 for them is pretty amazing when you look at yourself after sitting in the office for 10-12 hours. It still looks crisp and clean.

One thing I do think is pricey is their accessories like luggage, umbrellas, etc.

I always had luck with my sales guy or gal. When I first started wearing suits I said I need a suit for everyday but can only spend $300-$400. I remember it took hours before we could find things that are marked down and that they were able to mark down but I walked out with 2 suits and 4 slacks and just mixed and matched the colors. And shirts but their regular fabric which is nice.

I think it's pricey but I've worn suits of many makers and it's the cut and that they use for that particular size. A 46 regular coat from JAB does not need to be tailored on my unlike if I go to a department store where it's always drapes forward too much.

As soon as you put on one of their non wrinkle shirts $70 for them is pretty amazing when you look at yourself after sitting in the office for 10-12 hours. It still looks crisp and clean.

One thing I do think is pricey is their accessories like luggage, umbrellas, etc.

I really like their Executive line when its on sale. I think thats a pretty good buy. Their traveller shirts also seem to do well by me. I'll probably end up going fully custom when I get a good paying career.

But that said, Last Chance has much better suits for a lot less. $100. I've gotten two Hugo Boss suits from them so far, came out to about $150 after tailoring per suit. The quality of the wool is so much better. :thumbup1:

Of course, not everyone is lucky enough to have Nordstrom Last Chance in their city. So for the rest of the country... good deals can be had at JAB during their sales. :thumbup1: Just don't buy their signature stuff IMHO. Might as well get a MTM suit at that price point.

Great Score.

+1
The traveler shirts are fantastic and are just about the only dress shirts I wear anymore. Banks always has a sale of some sort going on and you can find bargains on their higher end lines if you can wait a couple of weeks until the next sale comes around. I think that the quality is quite good for the price, but you can find as good or better if you shop in a large city and can get to someplace like Century 21. When I lived and worked in D.C. the default "uniform" for businesswear was a navy blazer and gray slacks. Banks was close to the standard for blazers, and I still get mine from there.

Last edited:
Not too sound pompous but I never liked any department store brand suits. Even if it was Boss, Ralph Lauren, or senor Calvin. It never has a custom fit and wearing slacks or suits everyday, comfy is priceless. If I could afford it, If would totally try a Jack Victor suit. They look beautiful and from what I've heard they are a great fit.

Not too sound pompous but I never liked any department store brand suits. Even if it was Boss, Ralph Lauren, or senor Calvin. It never has a custom fit and wearing slacks or suits everyday, comfy is priceless. If I could afford it, If would totally try a Jack Victor suit. They look beautiful and from what I've heard they are a great fit.

I have to disagree, you must be looking at suits from Macy's which would be your mistake. I would take a good suit from Neiman or Nordstrom's any day over JAB. I think they suits are over priced and feel like my grandfather should be shopping there. Heck, I would even take a suit from J Crew over JAB. J Crew has surprisingly good quality suits last time I went in there for the record, I was truly surprised as they were much better than what I expected, but also are in the 500 range.

Top Bottom