What's new

January 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

I gave in to temptation, and ordered 2 different aluminium handles (Windrose).

Almost everything else is good now, but I think a light, agile handle is going to make ATG and tidy-up easier.

Since I'm out anyway, I might satisfy my curiosity about Mitchell's Wool Fat...
I think I have a windrose Ti handle laying around somewhere.

I think I have a windrose Ti handle laying around somewhere.
How did you like it? The Windrose handles seem to get good reviews.

I've not got enough razors to have a big mix and match pool of handles. My current favourite for "agile" ATG and tidy-up duty is the Rockwell 6S matte handle, which is the right length (84mm), with excellent grippy knurling, but is heavy.

Last edited:
Thursday January 28th

IMG-1839.jpg

Razor: Razorock SLOC
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock SS
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo 28mm
Soap: Fine Platinum
Aftershave: Fine Platinum & Nivea balm

Still in.

How did you like it? The Windrose handles seem to get good reviews.

I've not got enough razors to have a big mix and match pool of handles. My current favourite for "agile" ATG and tidy-up duty is the Rockwell 6S matte handle, which is the right length (84mm), with excellent grippy knurling, but is heavy.
I like it quite a bit. It's very well machined and nice looking. I bought it with a specific razor in mind that I didn't end up liking much. So it's been sitting around waiting for a match. It will likely end up on the lupo in the next few weeks.

I gave in to temptation, and ordered 2 different aluminium handles (Windrose).

Almost everything else is good now, but I think a light, agile handle is going to make ATG and tidy-up easier.

Since I'm out anyway, I might satisfy my curiosity about Mitchell's Wool Fat...
So close! Ah, well - there's always next month. Feel free to play along at home for the remainder of the month and we'll see you in February.

And when a brother falls, it's time for...

Roll Call!

1) @FoolishMortal
2) SharpieB - out (1/21: Simpson brush)
3) @RumpleBearskin
4) Roedeer - out (1/27: Windrose handles)
5) @Owen Bawn
6) @‘Bout Time
7) @Sinnbad11
8) @SillyPancake
9) @CzechCzar
10) BigD - out (1/17: Lambda razor)
11) @Doti B
12) Kyle89 - out (1/20: Finishing stone)
13) MaineYooper - out (1/26: Yates 921-M)
14) @henrickd - Annual
15) @Pepin - Annual
16) @Schnitzel52
17) @redrako
18) @Contact_vs_Feedback - Annual
19) @4and20blackbirds
20) @Stuart Ganis
21) Abz88 - out (1/22: Parker 26C plus soaps plus blades...and then some more stuff)
22) Tomo - out (1/13: Honing oil)
23) @Jmp63 - Annual
24) @cryhavoc - Annual
25) @mattps1 - Annual
26) @AZBronco
27) @02flhtci
28) @hopper_64
29) @Leverspro
30) @JCarr - Annual
31) Vaporstang - out (1/14: SR)
32) @pdieten - Annual

Still in.

Was in a mad rush to shave this morning, used my workhorse setup to get through the job quickly without incident.

Rockwell 6s, plate 4 - No blade feel, it just bulldozes the stubble, good when your in a rush and half asleep. The heft of the handle IMO is a good thing. Also love how the blade seems to align perfectly without adjustment/fiddling.
Wilkinson Sword Vintage White packet (day 3) - Reliable blades, heavier razor helps it.
Simpsons Chubby 1 Best - So efficient for face lathering, quickly dampen and attack the soap, rinses out quickly.
TOBS Sandalwood Soap - I started from a dry puck which had been dormant for about 1 month, I added some water for 10 seconds and started loading. Quick and easy, beautiful thick lather, great scent that doesn't try too hard.
= 10/10

I am still in but this website just will not load. I've tried every trick I know. It's only B&B where I'm having this problem. Every other website in the world is easily accessible. I don't get it. But I'm still in, as I said.
I also had similar problems, but not currently, a few days back.
Problem seem to be at Badger and Blade server.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I just can't figure out why this site and this site alone will not open properly 9 out of 10 times. When it does open I click on a specific forum and it loads but then the page is blank. It stinks. Just dumb luck I'm here now.

Top Bottom