What's new

January 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in, but I made a mistake by looking at a mfr site that makes ss razors...

And then I had a pleasant email exchange with the owner. I liked what I read about the company, there were so many positive reviews across several forums, and the razor looked sharp (pun intended!)

So I have a Yates 921-M on order.

So close but now so far. Ah well, at least February is shorter!

Officially out. I enjoyed this very much and look forward to some success sometime this year!!

IIRC February is the month you're supposed to make one blade last the whole month.

I tried it once. To hell with that. Couldn't get a decent shave to save my life after Valentine's Day. My facial wires aren't compatible with blade life.
IIRC, you can use more than one of a specific blade to qualify, so if you use Nacet - and only Nacet - blades during the month, you're good. :)

And then I had a pleasant email exchange with the owner. I liked what I read about the company, there were so many positive reviews across several forums, and the razor looked sharp (pun intended!)

So I have a Yates 921-M on order.

So close but now so far. Ah well, at least February is shorter!

Officially out. I enjoyed this very much and look forward to some success sometime this year!!
I hope it's everything you want it to be! Feel free to play along at home for the remainder of the month and we'll see you in February.

And when a brother falls, it's time for...

Roll Call!

1) @FoolishMortal
2) SharpieB - out (1/21: Simpson brush)
3) @RumpleBearskin
4) @Roedeer
5) @Owen Bawn
6) @‘Bout Time
7) @Sinnbad11
8) @SillyPancake
9) @CzechCzar
10) BigD - out (1/17: Lambda razor)
11) @Doti B
12) Kyle89 - out (1/20: Finishing stone)
13) MaineYooper - out (1/26: Yates 921-M)
14) @henrickd - Annual
15) @Pepin - Annual
16) @Schnitzel52
17) @redrako
18) @Contact_vs_Feedback - Annual
19) @4and20blackbirds
20) @Stuart Ganis
21) Abz88 - out (1/22: Parker 26C plus soaps plus blades...and then some more stuff)
22) Tomo - out (1/13: Honing oil)
23) @Jmp63 - Annual
24) @cryhavoc - Annual
25) @mattps1 - Annual
26) @AZBronco
27) @02flhtci
28) @hopper_64
29) @Leverspro
30) @JCarr - Annual
31) Vaporstang - out (1/14: SR)
32) @pdieten - Annual

The February thread will be up soon.

The February thread is up:

Still in
This trade worked out well for me. I think the lupo 0.95 is right about my sweet spot for efficiency and smoothness. Unfortunately, I don't care for copies so I will likely try and get hold of a Wolfman eventually. It's really odd how I prefer more aggressive DEs and milder SE razors. This is likely to join my b+ list.
0126212029a~2.jpg

Still in.

Preshave: Hot washcloth, KoS Blue oil
Soap: Palmolive, bowl-lathered
Brush: Men-U boar
Razors: GC.84 OC, Personna Super Platinum Chrome #9, GC.68, Astra SP #6
Post-shave: Nivea 2-Phase Lotion.

BBS, but overdid it on my neck. That 2-Phase stings if you've pushed your luck.

It's hard to beat this pair. I'm using the other razors for a bit of novelty, not because I'm expecting to get a better result.

Still in.
No temptations, or shaving issues that need solving with more consumption. I expect to sail through the rest of Jan without problems.

Today I armed myself with a Gillette New Improved razor with a Feather blade on it's second day. The experience reminded me why I previously got carried away buying these razors in my less-restrained past.
It was a very close shave, good blade feel for my taste, and a good level of aggression.

Top Bottom