What's new

Invicta Watch Question ànd New Watch

@jessix

Here is a photo of my Invictia Watch that stopped working.

I think its a good looking watch. Myself I would get a new battery and call it a day. I have a few watches that take 2 turns or more to change the day, to me it's something that only takes a second and I only have to do every 2 months. As long as the crown tightens, I wouldn't touch it unless it strips.

I love my Seikos. Casios are dependable too, I just can't get past the scene in "Planes,Trains,& Automobiles" when Dale tries to make a deal with the motel clerk.:wink2:

I have two Seiko Divers, both 7s26 movements - one is a stainless case, the other titanium. Fantastic watches that I have worn for years with zero issues. I also own an Orient power reserve - It's by far my favorite watch - mostly because I know I'll never likely see another one in the wild. My "best" watch is a Tissot T-Lord chronograph with a Valjoux 7750 movement. I rarely wear it - It's just "meh" for me.

I'd buy an Automatic Seiko in a heartbeat. I don't care for quartz anything though.

I have one of the higher end seikos with the 4R16 movement, basically a 4R15 with the Tokyo Stripes, and it loses more time than my Monster with the 7S26. Can you point me to some articles regarding the production ceasing on the 7S26? Thanks.

Can't be certain on the production status of the 7S26 but I know the current Monster line is being replaced with 4R15 models.

Here is a great article comparing the 6R15 with the 7S26.

In a nutshell the 6R15 is a 7S26 with hacking and hand winding added.

Edit to add: proud owner of three Orients. Love 'em. The Aviator that Austin posts in the daily wear thread gets more wrist time than the OM with Watchadoo bracelet that has been my baby.

I just bought an Invicta 3332 Lefty from the Force collection. Love how it looks and it has a large face which I like (I have quite big wrists so big watches suit me).

Only had it 2 days so can't really comment on the reliability factor but so far so good...

OK, Orient makes their movements in house. I own a Mako and the 60th Anniversary and they are both fine watches. i also own three Sea Gulls, an M187S, now discontinued, a 55th Anniversary and a 70's vintage ST-5. All are good watches. I also own a STOWA Fleiger Baumuster B with the ETA 2824 movement, a 1980's vintage Seiko 5, a Vostok Kommandirskie, two Wenger quartzes, a Casio G-Shock and two Citizen Eco-drives. For the price point, I would recommend Orient and Seiko automatics, a Citizen automatic which uses the Miyota movement, the Citizen Eco-drive. There is one American watch company, RGM out of Pennsylvania but they are rather pricey. Sea-Gull movements have improved a great deal in the past few years and the Miyota is a reliable workhorse, found in many sub-$1000 watches.

I cannot and will not recommend an Invicta watch to anyone. Between their very spotty to non-existent quality control to their outright false clams concerning the origin of their watches and movements, their false claims concerning the history of the company and their "Russian Diver" models to the ridiculous claims concerning their "Flame-fusion" crystals; I try to convince people to spend their money elsewhere, preferably on a well-established watch brand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom