What's new

Instant Pot Users.... Get in here

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
That looks pretty darn good. I have a similar recipe, but I like the idea of adding spinach.

The spinach is yummy. Really, you could go with any green that you enjoy. Tougher greens might need more cooking , though.

Another good variation is to use coconut milk. That's how I like it, but my wife prefers regular, old, cow's milk.

Done today flat corned beef brisket ,over 4lbs in the instapot, 90 minutes.
Fall apart tender.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I made some beefcheek barbacoa last weekend, and then made rice with the leftover liquid. I think the rice was almost better then the meat, which was delicious.

I have been on the bandwagon (DUO60 6-qt) since 2014 and it continues to be one of my core culinary tools, it is used minimum of once a week.

Matter of fact, I just bought a Salbree mesh steamer basket because pressurized steaming in the Instant Pot rocks. I did most of the sides for St Patrick’s Day in the IP; running the turnip/carrots in one 10 minute pass and then streaming the potatoes in a 2nd pass at 10 min – all using the same 1 cup of water to do the cooking. I wont make mashed potatoes without the IP, as the steam cooking is so quick and the potatoes are fluffier

The Instant Pot is a kitchen game changer, not a use-for-awhile gimmick. Make the Serious Eats Green Chicken Chili and see what this machine can do with just some rough chopped ingredients, 15 minutes and a quick blend

I'm a fan of Instant Pots now. Big fan.
This was extremely easy. Done in under two hours start to finish, including 20 minutes cutting chunks off the shoulder at the start and 20 minutes pulling the pork.
I was too hungry and it was getting too late to let pressure release naturally so I vented for all it was worth.
It was delicious. Texture great though I maybe could have gone 50 minutes high pressure instead of an hour. Moist, flavorful meat.
proxy.php

Ill be doing another flat cut corned beef brisket, wife going away so i neew sammiches for a few days

Need some ideas for an Instant Pot dinner tonight. Help please....

What did you do for dinner?

We just finished turkey soup from thanksgiving.
With th e temps being in the 45-65 range in cent fl rest of the week i am doing a beef stew tomorrow morning.
Ill have some for lunch and dinner. Also for a few days after.

Last night - a Trader Joe's Cabernet Pot roast.
Seared, added stock, high for 45 minutes.
Came out better than if I'd slowed cooked it for 8 hours.

First time using my new Instant Pot - I have a 3 pound rump roast simmering - I browned it in olive oil and deglazed the pot with three cups of water mixed with one teaspoon each of chicken and vegetable flavored Better Than Bouillon, and mixed in garlic and onion powder, celery seed, and black pepper - after 45 minutes of pressure cooking, I am going to add a cut up onion with some red potato halves and cut up carrots for another 10 minutes. My apartment already smells delicious! Perfect for a cold rainy December Sunday night!!!

First time using my new Instant Pot - I have a 3 pound rump roast simmering - I browned it in olive oil and deglazed the pot with three cups of water mixed with one teaspoon each of chicken and vegetable flavored Better Than Bouillon, and mixed in garlic and onion powder, celery seed, and black pepper - after 45 minutes of pressure cooking, I am going to add a cut up onion with some red potato halves and cut up carrots for another 10 minutes. My apartment already smells delicious! Perfect for a cold rainy December Sunday night!!!

What's the verdict? How did it turn out?

Tonight dinner and a few more.
Pot roast...3 lbs. insta pot.
proxy.php

proxy.php

There was more meat to shred and veggies.
Made gravy from the stock.
Meat was tender ...

You really have to work hard to screw up whatever you're cooking with an Instant Pot.
It can be done. First time I tried using the IP for rouladen (normally just let it simmer in a deep electric frying pan) I cooked it under pressure for a bit too long. Ended up with beef, bacon, carrot, caper, pickle and onion soup; still tasty but totally devoid of any texture. Had a flash forward of what my dining will be like when I'm sans teeth.

Was a little intimidated of it at the start since I was raised to fear pressure cookers. Whenever Mom broke out the pressure cooker (old style avocado colored Presto with the little whirly bit on top) she wouldn't let anyone in the kitchen lest "it blow up and kill everyone". Weird things we remember from childhood.

But yes, IPs are a great addition to the kitchen and a very versatile machine.

Top Bottom