What's new

Instant Pot Users.... Get in here

Bought a 60 Duo on sale yesterday and just whipped up a batch of Pasta Fagioli. What would've normally taken a few hours in a crock pot took less than 45 minutes in the Instant Pot. Tastes the same IMO.

I think we have a winner kitchen appliance.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
BEST way to cook rice is in an electric programmable pressure cooker, of whatever brand. Use a rack in the pot. Add an inch or so of water for steam. In a bowl or pan that fits in the pot, put 1 part Thai jasmine rice, 1-1/2 part water, splash of olive oil, pinch of salt. Cover the inner pot, or not. Works either way. I leave uncovered. Close the cooker and set on 3 minutes. High pressure if you have a choice in the matter. The cooker will come up to temp and pressure, count down 3 minutes, and then automatically downshift to "warm". So, set it and forget it, up to a couple of hours before time to serve. The pressure must reduce naturally. Do not release pressure manually. The rice can't stick to the inner pot or bowl. It will be fluffy when you fluff it up with a fork. It will stick together when you mash it together. That is perfect rice, yeah. Fragrant, and delicious. Make extra, so you can have fried rice in the morning.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
A few minutes. Depends on the brand/model, how much water in the bottom, size of the cooker, etc. You do NOT save time over the stove top method. This actually takes a few minutes longer But the rice is perfecct perfect perfect. Perfectly perfect. And you don't have to watch it or check it.

"Instant Pot" - wonder how many hippies were bummed out after learning this thread was about a cooking device. :c3:

As I scan over the forum my subconscious edits out the “Instant” and I just see “Pot users...get in here”

Reminds me of college.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
As I scan over the forum my subconscious edits out the “Instant” and I just see “Pot users...get in here”

Reminds me of college.
Well, if we do have any that partake, chances are that it is the Mess Hall where they would be hanging out :)

Well, if we do have any that partake, chances are that it is the Mess Hall where they would be hanging out :)

"If"? I'd be absolutely certain.

Info should be in the 'Gentlemen's Guide to Cannabis Culture' sticky.

In Canada we're shortly legalizing recreational use, grow your own and pot stores.

I suppose the edibles/cooking/growing threads would be found in the Mess Hall, the smoking discussion over in the Leafy section.

dave

Last edited:
We have had 1 for about a year and use it regularly. A good tool in the kitchen and very versatile. The people that own them are almost cult like in their forums.

We have had 1 for about a year and use it regularly. A good tool in the kitchen and very versatile. The people that own them are almost cult like in their forums.

I've noticed this cult-like phenomenon you speak of.

I had great success with my first use and now plan on making something I've had basically ZERO luck with in the past.... Corned Beef Brisket with cabbage and carrots. In the past, the tires on my Subaru would be preferable to whatever I cooked. Hoping the Instant Pot can turn things around for me.

I've noticed this cult-like phenomenon you speak of.

I had great success with my first use and now plan on making something I've had basically ZERO luck with in the past.... Corned Beef Brisket with cabbage and carrots. In the past, the tires on my Subaru would be preferable to whatever I cooked. Hoping the Instant Pot can turn things around for me.

I never tried all ingredients , but a 4 lb brisket is 90 on high pressure. My suggestion would be cook for 65 mins let pressure drop, add the potato and cabbage for another 15 mins.
Or just boil cabbage and carrots sep from meat. But in the cooker you will get more flavors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My wife has been wanting one now for a while. I have been hesitant. But this thread may have changed my mind. I guess the wife is getting that InstaPot instead of the diamond tennis bracelet. :a15:

My wife has been wanting one now for a while. I have been hesitant. But this thread may have changed my mind. I guess the wife is getting that InstaPot instead of the diamond tennis bracelet. :a15:

Can't recommend one enough. Since I bought it about a month ago, I've probably cooked 2 dozen meals in it. Everything has tasted great and cooking time is greatly reduced. I also enjoy the fact that cleanup is minimal. Pretty much everything can be done with the pot that comes with the Instant Pot.

Tonight is Instant Pot pork carnitas.

Beef stew for a few days , throw everything in and done in 35 minutes. Tonights dinner
proxy.php

Well, just bought one for my wife for Christmas. It's the 8 quart variety. I was debating over the Crock Pot brand or the Instapot brand. In the end I liked the stainless steel insert as opposed to the non stick. I'll let you know what she thinks.

She will love the ss insert, you braise in it, add everything, cook, remove it, let it cool, cover it and put in fridge. It the only part the
At really gets messy.
Grats, i hope you enjoy it.

Last night was borscht and tonight was cream of wild rice soup. Both came out delicious.

This thing is really amazing. You really have to work hard to screw up whatever you're cooking with an Instant Pot.

Still going strong after about 4 months. It gets used 3-4 time per week.

It's quickly turned into the most indispensable cooking item in my kitchen.

Top Bottom