What's new

<Insert Clever Title Here>

Because of events in the family, the whole thing of growing my hair/beard is over. I need to look respectable. Gave myself a haircut and shave today.

Copper CB did well.
That's awesome!
The heck with the beard!
I'm sure you enjoyed that shave.

That's awesome!
The heck with the beard!
I'm sure you enjoyed that shave.

I did. Later today I’m going to use the Feather SR and my brass Yates. Only problem is, the way my hairline has receded, I don’t know if I can pull off a flattop anymore.

I’m on my way to finding out though.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Waiting until the crack of dawn.
Staying up all night consuming Red Bull and prawn
As the dew forces worms to the lawn
Early birds start the buffet marathon

Used the SR today with a new Feather Professional Super blade. Three pass DFS. Tomorrow, the copper CB.

6DFA3146-236D-4BE2-AA5D-B6608C4D80FA.jpeg

image.jpg

CC copper bowl, lightly polished

060618C7-B3C5-47EC-BBA4-64891DE2F03F.jpeg

4E776137-6BB1-4C4F-8117-1591C0238934.jpeg

I’m thinking I’ll be putting the copper Karve on the BST. I like it but don’t reach for it much. Maybe pair it with the bowl for a copper themed kit.

I also tried a new shower soap today. Duke Cannon’s Big *** Brick of soap. I think it’s “bourbon barrel scent, not sure since I threw away the box.

I liked it, but since I’m a recovering alcoholic you probably shouldn’t go by my recommendation.

My goal is to have three razors in total: one DE, one SE, and one shavette. I have the shavette and DE, I need to get rid of the extra DEs and then decide on a SE.

I quit drinking 5 years ago, but I can't help but think the phrase "recovering alcoholic" is an oxymoron. More like alcoholic in remission. Always here for you.

~doug~

I appreciate it very much. I haven’t wanted a drink since I quit a couple of years ago but losing my MIL has made me a little thirsty.

I only used “recovering” because I thought that was the correct term, but I know I’m always going to be an alcoholic.

11/03

Three pass shave:

Feather SR for first two passes
Karve copper CB B open comb plate for pass three with a new Feather black label blade

My face/neck is like glass. So smooth I can’t hardly stand it.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Using the Karve w/B OC plate was nice. I felt like I could throw it around my face and neck without feeling like it would bite me. Zero concern.
That's how I feel with my Karve OCC plate. I don't think my new to me AS-D2 is capable of nicking my either.

~doug~

11/4/22

RazoRock Lupo.72
Feather blade (2)

Trying to get back to daily entries.

Two pass DFS+/BBS-
Nice eye opening Old Spice splash/burn

I think that’s the last time I’ll use the Lupo. Going to take pics, box it and most of my “den” up and throw them on the BST.
Due to that darn @LRod , at some point I’m going to have to get a Tatara Nodachi.

Top Bottom