What's new

<Insert Clever Title Here>

11/5/22

Brass Yates 921-H
Feather (3)
Stirling vanilla and sandalwood soap

Top notch three pass shave. Couple of weepers due to being under caffeinated and using the Feather blade. I had to skip aftershave splash due to forgetting my unscented AS at home (we’re visiting my daughter). The Old Spice will have to wait until I get to work.

Still wrestling with what to buy next.

Bottom line is that I have a great DE and shavette. I don’t need another DE or SE.

Plus, I just ordered a Sleep Number mattress to try to help my wife and I sleep better. Those are not cheap. In the near future I will need cataract surgery, so that also is a factor in unnecessary spending.

Next weekend, I think I’m going to list four razors on the BST (including my all time favorite) and a couple of alternate handles. If I can make enough, I’ll buy a nice DE or SE. Get the “den” down to two razors total.

11/7/22

Karve CB OC B copper/brass
Feather blade (4)

Today’s shave was really more of an excuse for Skin Bracer than actually needing to shave. After the Yates H yesterday, I only had a couple of spots where faster growing whiskers could be felt. The Karve did great.

I’m almost to northwest Wisconsin and it’s already down to 41F.

We’re hoping the Sleep Number is all it’s supposed to be. I sleep ok in the truck but neither of us sleeps decently at home.

06E85AC3-2B1C-4FF6-B8F8-AE14292130A1.jpeg

11/8/22

Heading back to Indianapolis and I have to remember to get my Flitz out of the car when I get there. Gotta buff out the scratches on the Yates cap.

Get the “den” down to two razors total.
Despite the crazy buying spree that you see, it's my urge to try everything. But my ultimate goal is to find and keep what I like best. Maybe 3 DE's to keep things interesting and 1-2 SE's. And for vintage, I already have what I like best and won't venture down that path anymore.
So total would be like 9 to keep. Everything else will be sold off!

11/9/22

On my way to the Clarksville TN area. When I get to the yard, today’s shave will be the Feather SR, possibly the Lupo for third pass/cleanup. I couldn’t tell you how many shaves I have on the Feather Super blade that’s in it currently. It might be time for a new one.

11/10/22

Feather SR
Feather Professional (2)
Old Spice

2 pass DFS

Well, the Afta aftershave is trashed. Found out today that it makes me break out. I didn’t realize until I was shaving my chin and sliced off the top of two bumps. A dab of styptic powder, good as new. Styptic powder is much nicer to use than a styptic pencil.

I left Indianapolis yesterday (after I got back from Kentucky) heading to another warehouse in Wisconsin. Headed back to India-No-Place now to end my work week sometime tomorrow morning.

Loving my Audible membership.

11/16/22

The Yates 921-M was up to bat for today’s shave but guess who forgot to take it in to the locker room? Feather SR to s(h)ave the day.

Only thing different from yesterday is the Aqua Velva Musk AS today. I thought I would try it again to see if it was as bad as I thought it was.

Oddly, it was not. I’m kinda diggin it. So this makes me think I’ll have to try Clubman Pinaud again.

11/16/22

The Yates 921-M was up to bat for today’s shave but guess who forgot to take it in to the locker room? Feather SR to s(h)ave the day.

Only thing different from yesterday is the Aqua Velva Musk AS today. I thought I would try it again to see if it was as bad as I thought it was.

Oddly, it was not. I’m kinda diggin it. So this makes me think I’ll have to try Clubman Pinaud again.
I think Aqua Velva musk is a gamble. I had to throw away the one I bought on Amazon. It was pure alcohol with a nasty smell. I bought it thinking it was like the one I used years ago. Sadly it's not!
So I found one at my local Walmart a few weeks ago and bought it to try it again.
It at least smells somewhat like musk. And I noticed it's gotten better. Maybe when it airs out it improves!

I think Aqua Velva musk is a gamble. I had to throw away the one I bought on Amazon. It was pure alcohol with a nasty smell. I bought it thinking it was like the one I used years ago. Sadly it's not!
So I found one at my local Walmart a few weeks ago and bought it to try it again.
It at least smells somewhat like musk. And I noticed it's gotten better. Maybe when it airs out it improves!

I’ve thrown away a bottle each of AV Musk and CP. I currently have a bottle of each in a ziplock bag in the truck with me. My bottles of Skin Bracer and Jovan Musk are almost empty.

I searched high and low to find more Jovan Musk (it’s my wife’s favorite on me) and finally found one on the bay for a reasonable price, but there were a lot of bottles of it that were outrageously expensive. Imagine my surprise when I found out it was discontinued.

My current favorite is Skin Bracer. Love the smell after it dries down.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I’ve thrown away a bottle each of AV Musk and CP. I currently have a bottle of each in a ziplock bag in the truck with me. My bottles of Skin Bracer and Jovan Musk are almost empty.

I searched high and low to find more Jovan Musk (it’s my wife’s favorite on me) and finally found one on the bay for a reasonable price, but there were a lot of bottles of it that were outrageously expensive. Imagine my surprise when I found out it was discontinued.

My current favorite is Skin Bracer. Love the smell after it dries down.
I've never gotten into any of the Musk ASL's, but Skin Bracer is the kind.

~doug~

11/18/22

Today is “Go Home” day (end of work week) and I’m on vacation next week 👍🏼. Not going anywhere, just taking the holiday week off for the first time in decades.

After this evening, I may or may not be the new owner of a new to me razor, I’ll have to wait and see how it goes.

That last sentence is awkwardly worded, but it’s early and I’m not fully caffeinated, so I’ll give myself a pass on it.

Made it to about 15 miles of the yard last night before I had to stop (11hr rule). Frustrating because I was wide awake and could’ve safely driven another 15 to add to the 645 miles already on yesterdays odometer.

Since it’s just my wife and me this year, we’re going to have something off the grill instead of turkey (neither of us are fans). Shoot, we may just order pizza and eat it in our jammies while watching a movie.

11/18/22

Lupo .72 SS
Shark Super Chrome (1)
Unscented soap & splash (Stirling)
Jovan Musk AS (dabbed here and there)

Good shave, a few weepers around my protuberant Adam’s apple but nothing serious. It’s been a while since I’ve used a DE and with the new blade… I guess I need to work on my technique.

Going out to dinner to celebrate what would’ve been my MIL’s 84th birthday.

Bittersweet occasion.

Top Bottom