What's new

<Insert Clever Title Here>

I’ve never journaled before or kept a dairy and don’t expect anyone but me to read this thread.

I toyed with the idea of detailing my history of shaving, but since I was there and saw it all, there’s no need.

I’ll just post shave notes and thoughts from now going forward, so if someone does see this, it’ll probably read like a disjointed book in progress.

Thursday, August 25th 2022:

Feather Artist Club SR, Feather Super Pro blade (1)
Chiseled Face Summer Storm
Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS

2 pass shave: 1st WTG, 2nd ATG
Results: better than the previous shave, so maybe 4 2 pass shaves were the limit? Also, could possibly be that this shave used a wetter lather and lighter touch.

I do know that I’m in no hurry to reach BBS with a shavette. I want to become proficient with this tool with zero injury before I try for BBS.

I’m going to go back to using DEs part of the week for a couple of reasons: I expected the AC blades to last longer (I don’t like how expensive they are, compared to DE blades) and I have a couple of new to me DEs I want to get to know. 😎

Lastly, if anyone does read this, feel free to chime in with comments, cheers and jeers.

B43B418B-CD77-4AC4-A49E-BA286679C2B0.jpeg

8/26:

Feather Artist Club SR
Feather Super Pro blade (2)
Yates 921-H
Nacet (1)
Chiseled Face Summer Storm
Old Spice AS

1st pass - WTG nicked a bump right below a nostril (awesome! 🤬)
2nd pass - XTG flat areas
3rd pass - ATG Yates to smooth out what I missed/chickened out on with the Feather

Alum block/Old Spice surprisingly provided little feedback.

98% BBS

note: the AC felt a little less awkward today but using the Yates felt like coming home. 🤪

Also, shaving ATG with my dominant hand (left) on the right side of my face? Perfectly fine, perfectly normal. Right hand/left side of my neck? Nope.

The reverse is true for my face. Right hand/right side of face, WTG? Fine. Left hand/side? Also fine, mostly (corner of my jaw is problematic) but doesn’t feel as natural as right hand/side. Weird.

When I went on duty this morning, I thought I was going to get a 220-250 mile run, park the truck, go home, gather my ill gotten booty up and admire it while muttering “my precioussss” repeatedly.

Nope. When I get parked, I’ll have about 550 miles and when I get home, it’s time for yard work.

I’ve been awake since before midnight, just thinking about the rest of my day makes me tired.

From Monday morning to Friday afternoon I did just over 3000 miles, been up since just before midnight and thought I was coming home to do yard work.

Instead, my wife fed me home cooked fried chicken (since she’s from Louisville, it was genuine Kentucky fried chicken), backed potato, salad, and buttermilk cornbread.

Can you say food coma?

From Monday morning to Friday afternoon I did just over 3000 miles, been up since just before midnight and thought I was coming home to do yard work.

Instead, my wife fed me home cooked fried chicken (since she’s from Louisville, it was genuine Kentucky fried chicken), backed potato, salad, and buttermilk cornbread.

Can you say food coma?
Baked not backed. Good grief I was tired.

Welcome to the Journals! But your first post's pic almost scared me off!!:eek2:

If I use my non-dominant hand on its side of my face, I may lose pieces and end up either steampunk or like a Borg!

When you go out, is it long haul? If so, do you take a shave kit? Curious minds and all!

Not long haul, it’s more regional. Leave the Indianapolis area, go to Hopkinsville Ky then back to Indianapolis. Out and back all week.

Non dominant hand shaving isn’t bad, I actually do better with my stupid hand (right) on the right side of my face and neck on the WTG pass.

Yesterday was busy. Lots going on, so the shave was late.

Pass 1:

Karve CB in copper w/OC B plate in brass
Feather (1)
Stirling Unscented soap
Stirling Unscented AS

Pass 2&3:

Yates mixed metal M plate
Nacet (3?)

I like the Karve B OC, but I really wanted to use the Yates mixed metal M. Both razors were very comfortable and efficient.

Now, I’m off to northwestern Wisconsin.

Today I decided that the Artist Club SR was a mistake for me.

Can I shave with it? Yep.
Have I drawn blood with it? Nope.
Do I enjoy the shave using it? Nope.
I’m going to try to find it a new home ASAP.

The Karve CB in copper, though…it unexpectedly gave me a very smooth comfortable shave using the E plate. When I received it, I eyed that plate thinking, well that’s one I’ll never use. I envisioned lacerations and bloodshed to rival my first straight razor shave. I was delighted to experience the opposite.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Left Indiana this morning and went to Michigan. Later on, going to Kentucky. Sandwiched in between will be another shave, probably use the Yates stainless M plate.

Yesterday’s shave is still SAS+/DFS-

Top Bottom